Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Kerr...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    But Russia and Switzerland got a 3 point headstart since Kerr wasn't in charge at the start.
    Kerr repaired the damage, and we had qualification in our own hands going into the last 2 games in the group. The regulations meant that a 2-goal win over Russia would have guaranteed us a play-off spot at least, and knocked the Russians out. Instead, Russia got a point from Lansdowne, we threw in the towel in Basle, and stayed at home the following summer, while both sides got knocked out in the first round of the finals.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpcc
    "The Irish are a fair people; they never speak well of one another." —Samuel Johnson 1709-1784
    And another in a similar vein " If there were only 3 Irish people left alive after a nuclear bomb was dropped ; you'd find 2 in a corner plotting against the 3rd one" Niall Tóibín

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    Kerr repaired the damage
    You should edit your post before someone see's it. Way to positive.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Kerr repaired the damage, and we had qualification in our own hands going into the last 2 games in the group.
    So you'll give him the credit for rescuing the campaign after the terrible start that McCarthy gave us?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    repaired the damage, !!! he got one point from 6 !!!mccarthy got 0 from 6 and we had a small chance by beating the swiss..thats not repairing damage.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bk

Kerr didn't exactly repair the damage. As with this group the other teams in contention kept on dropping points. In the EC group under Kerr we were absolutely blessed to beat Albania at home, were dreadful V Russia and the performance against Switz was one of the worst, most inept I've witnessed since the days of Eoin Hand.

Regarding the current campaign the results V Israel have been a mixture of bad fortune and getting his tactics wrong. The real worrying aspect of Kerr's approach is that if Plan A ain't working he'll throw that useless fcuk*r Doherty on and give up on any attempt to play football. The French were laughing at us the last day once we went behind. If Doherty appears in either of the last two games we are hosed.

Kerr said at the start of his reign 'judge me on results'. Well if we don't win the last two games that should be exactly what happens.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Got to agree with the debut poster on this one: there's no way Kerr can be credited with "repairing the damage". Even after the two defeats, the subsequent games were collectively among the worst I've ever witnessed, with the possible exception of Georgia at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The shít mypost gives Kerr and then he goes and opens a thread like this:
    http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=363735

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    i was quite positive about our situation a couple of weeks ago but the whole media v manager situation we've had over the last week or so just stinks of this time 3 yrs ago. the pressure and bad feeling around the team then was so great that it contributed to our 1-2 loss to switzerland. all this talk in the papers etc isnt doing our cause the slightest bit of good at all. i just hope the manager and players are above it all and that it will just make them even more determined to qualify. i honestly believe that a huge reception for the team both on sat and next wed will have a huge positive influence on the teams mindset for the games like it did when the supporters got madly behind the team v cameroon after all the saipan shenanigans

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne
    i honestly believe that a huge reception for the team both on sat and next wed will have a huge positive influence on the teams mindset for the games
    I couldn't agree more, it will be really important & after all the talk & discussion, there is actually only one way a fan can make a difference & its by support on saturday and next wednesday.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpcc
    Deja Vu ............

Totally agree that he should be supported 100% through the remainder of WC2006 qualifiers and playoffs if we reach them.

This smear campaign is absolutely disgraceful. The FAI should issue a strong statement supporting their manager and team and outlining when a decision will be made on renewing his contract.

The gutter press are just trying to stir things up in a most disgusting manner, seemingly with the connivance of FAI .

Thank God the boys are playing away this week so they can get away from rthis sh*te and concentrate on the game on Saturday.

Come on you boys in green.

While I agree with almost all of your posting a thumbs up from the FAI for Kerr now would look like the famous vote of confidence from the board for a manager at club level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In fairness kerr as done an above average job with an average/aging squad
    if he was to go who would repace him martin O'neil is the only one Id like to see but it aint going to happen until his wifes illness runs it course
    so get behind kerr rate him or not he's all we've got
    and I think we will get six pts frm our last two games
    en-ger-land in the playoffs and were off ta deutchland
    Last edited by Block G Raptor; 07/10/2005 at 12:35 PM.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    In fairness kerr as done an above average job with an average/aging squad
    I'm not into this anti-Kerr thing but I would dispute the above.Kerr has taken 2 pts out of 6 from Israel, 1 from 6 from Switzerland, 1 from 3 from Russia, 1 from 6 from France and our performance against the Faroes were not exactly earth shattering. I am not sure how this is "an above average job" against teams which, France aside, are also mediocre.

It's also not an ageing side. Some players are getting on but the majority are young or in their prime. Mick inherited an ageing squad. Not Brian.

ANyway, fingers crossed for Saturday and Wednesday and hopefully all this nit picking will be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    THis Kerr versus the media craap has gone on long enough. Caught the front page of the Herald at lunch. A FRONT page article by Hyland titled "Kerrazy" and slagging off Kerr for not concentrating on the match instead of blaming all and sundry for the poor results of his team. Can these fookers not just get behind the team and leave their petty points scoring until after we either qualify or we don't.
    "I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd" Johnny Giles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    It's also not an ageing side. Some players are getting on but the majority are young or in their prime. Mick inherited an ageing squad. Not Brian.
    Kelly, Breen, Holland, Kinsella, McAteer and Carsley were all part of Micks first 11 or there about before he resigned/sacked. Kerr had a lot to do to rebuild the Irish team.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Kelly, Breen, Holland, Kinsella, McAteer and Carsley were all part of Micks first 11 or there about before he resigned/sacked. Kerr had a lot to do to rebuild the Irish team.
    Breen and Holland are still around playing but have been overtaken by other players. Carsley was no more than a periphery player for Mick and didn't want to continue in the same vein for Kerr so retired. Kelly was well replaced by Carr or Finnan and McAteer was in and out of Mick's side. So the only one not replaced really was Kinsella when he hung up his boots.

Every team changes each year. There was no huge surgery required by Kerr unlike McCarthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Breen and Holland are still around playing but have been overtaken by other players. Carsley was no more than a periphery player for Mick and didn't want to continue in the same vein for Kerr so retired. Kelly was well replaced by Carr or Finnan and McAteer was in and out of Mick's side. So the only one not replaced really was Kinsella when he hung up his boots.

Every team changes each year. There was no huge surgery required by Kerr unlike McCarthy.
    Of the players I named, only Carsley was not a first teamer, all the others were regulars for McCarthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1
    While everyone wants Ireland to win against Cyprus at this moment I
    must agree with mypost that the game will finish 1-1.
    In fairness the media have given Kerr a very easy ride so far.
    Mainly because he is a decent football man with a long history
    in the Irish game.
    If it was M McCarthy or an Englishman managing at the moment
    that had made as many errors as Kerr the media would have savaged him
    by now.
    I totally disagree. If this was an english manager the papers would be giving him a far easier time. Just look at Mick or Jack. they got such an easy ride. The gloves were off with kerr early on, brady was just dying for a slip up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    If this was an english manager the papers would be giving him a far easier time. Just look at Mick or Jack. they got such an easy ride. The gloves were off with kerr early on.
    Wrong, and you know that is wrong. Imagine if this was Eriksson behaving towards the press in the same way, the English media would savage him 10-fold. Kerr is having to take a lot of stick, and rightly so. He got us into this "win or bust" mess, now he has got to get himself out of it. Ignoring the media is backfiring on him. He's just giving carte blanche to the journos, to write as they please, and it's affecting our preparations. All so unnecessary.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He got us into this "win or bust" mess, now he has got to get himself out of it. .

Maybe he will

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast