Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Noel King's selection policy

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noel King's selection policy

Does anyone else think noel king is a riducoulous manager of the womens team? Fine they got in to the top tier of european football but i don't think its got that much to do with him but merely the fact that womens football is becoming more popular in ireland and consequently we are producingbetter players who have been coached from a younger age.
    The man is utterly ridiculous the basis of his team selection seems to be more concerned with where and who you play for rather than how good you are. March of last year I think it was this girl apparently emailed him and said she played for a college in America and was eligable for ireland and hey bang presto she was in the next squad-he hadn't even seen her play!! She was brutal btw just for the record and hasn't been seen since.
    The instance of Caroline Thorpe is a perfect example, she was picked for every squad when she was playing in America and England, she decides to leave Arsenal and go back home to play for UCD and what do ya know she has been dropped from the starting line up and pretty quickly the squad.

The man is utterly ridiculous and the sooner his reign is over the better.

Any views on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I know little or nothing of the women's game here but he has only just gotten the job full time, I reckon he'll be around for a while. Sounds similar to complaints here made about Kerr and to a lesser extent Givens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Sounds similar to complaints here made about Kerr and to a lesser extent Givens.
    I wonder is it something that they are eating ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nalsa
    The man is utterly ridiculous
    I have to say .... it all sounds about right !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does anyone else think noel king is a riducoulous manager of the womens team? Fine they got in to the top tier of european football but i don't think its got that much to do with him but merely the fact that womens football is becoming more popular in ireland and consequently we are producingbetter players who have been coached from a younger age.
    The man is utterly ridiculous the basis of his team selection seems to be more concerned with where and who you play for rather than how good you are. March of last year I think it was this girl apparently emailed him and said she played for a college in America and was eligable for ireland and hey bang presto she was in the next squad-he hadn't even seen her play!! She was brutal btw just for the record and hasn't been seen since.
    The instance of Caroline Thorpe is a perfect example, she was picked for every squad when she was playing in America and England, she decides to leave Arsenal and go back home to play for UCD and what do ya know she has been dropped from the starting line up and pretty quickly the squad.

The man is utterly ridiculous and the sooner his reign is over the better.

Any views on this?
    Your point about the American based lassie if true is well made. However results under Kinger in competitve games improved which is why we are in the top tier of European Football nations for the first time in Women's soccer.
    You have touched on a point though, recent squads have featured predominantly English and Overseas based players, rather than Irish based ones. There are a number of reasons for this 1/ A lot of our best underage talent gets cherrypicked by US College teams
    As they have been part of the international set up since 15 or 16 they are known quantities and a soft option for selection.
    2/ Those that don't get picked by English Premiership teams . Yes the English Women's Premiership features a lot of players who are in the International squad. I know off the top of my head that there are at least 4 at Arsenal and there's 1 at the famous Donnie Belles
    3/ There is no nationally organise League in this country for Women. This is a major problem for the game in this country.

Caroline Thorpe was in Asia for a large portion of this year and played Intermediate football with Quarryvale when she was home.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 08/10/2005 at 5:47 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Does anyone else think noel king is a riducoulous manager
    Errr, yes, funnily enough I do
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Think he is just ridiculous at everything.
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com