0 Posts
    No am not player in intermediate divisions

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Numero
    Never said Peamount are unsporting as a team or squad. I think they're a very good team football-wise but the carry-on from a few of their players on the pitch is unsporting. Their coach should address it.
    well ive been playin for peamount for a long time and through schools and colleges ive gotten to know alotta girls from opposing teams and not once have i been told that any of our players are dirty or "unsporting".
    That and playacting are 2 things we despise in other teams and as a result we never bring it on2 the pitch.

numero i think theres a bit of bad feelin on your part but thats no excuse to label our players.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No am not player in intermediate divisions
    who do you play for numero????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hold on a sec. I have complimented Peamount as a good footballing team, and I've said that their direct style of play could well see them lift the WFAI Cup. I said my personal opinion is that they'll win it, although it is a hard one to call. It will be good for women's football to see another name on the trophy. and it would also be good for an attack-minded team like Peamount to win it, although it doesn't really bother me who wins. Do I sound as though I'm filled with bad feeling?

The remark referred to A FEW/SOME of your players whose behaviour can be less than sporting. It is definitely a minority and is verbal, not physical. It did not just happen in one match. The comments were not attacking other players personally and were not aimed at other players, but made it clear they had little respect for the opposition. Sorry but it's true. Maybe they don't do it all the time, I don't know.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hold on a sec. I have complimented Peamount as a good footballing team, and I've said that their direct style of play could well see them lift the WFAI Cup. I said my personal opinion is that they'll win it, although it is a hard one to call. It will be good for women's football to see another name on the trophy. and it would also be good for an attack-minded team like Peamount to win it, although it doesn't really bother me who wins. Do I sound as though I'm filled with bad feeling?
    i appreciate your comments and that you recognise that its a far better game when teams play attackin football. i really do. and you're right, its good to see a bit more competition in the league but what has that got to do with our socalled verbal abuse (of a minority you say) on the pitch??

The remark referred to A FEW/SOME of your players whose behaviour can be less than sporting. It is definitely a minority and is verbal, not physical. It did not just happen in one match. The comments were not attacking other players personally and were not aimed at other players, but made it clear they had little respect for the opposition. Sorry but it's true. Maybe they don't do it all the time, I don't know.
    well if they were not attacking players personally then how is this seen as unsporting behaviour??
    Im not naming teams but you and i both know that there are alot of
    teams out there whos tactics are solely based on intimidation.

im seriously suprised at these comments as were all the girls at training last night.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You said I had bad feeling, and I was pointing out that I don't and the reasons why (eg. Peamount's direct style etc).

You are automatically thinking 'unsporting' means play-acting or intimidating people. It doesn't, and I would't associate play-acting or intimidation with your team. Unsporting can mean making comments (loudly made) which disrespect other teams as if they are not good challengers and should be easily walked over - which isn't the case let me warn you.

If you said it at training I'm sure the MINORITY! of girls will know deep down who they are and keep it in mind. Hope they do anyway. If they keep it up I'm sure it will give certain teams an extra incentive to beat yis next season

Someone asked me who I play for. I'm giving my own opinion, although I'm sure team-mates would agree. But it's my own opinion and I'm not bringing team into it wouldnt be right

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You said I had bad feeling, and I was pointing out that I don't and the reasons why (eg. Peamount's direct style etc).

You are automatically thinking 'unsporting' means play-acting or intimidating people. It doesn't, and I would't associate play-acting or intimidation with your team. Unsporting can mean making comments (loudly made) which disrespect other teams as if they are not good challengers and should be easily walked over - which isn't the case let me warn you.

If you said it at training I'm sure the MINORITY! of girls will know deep down who they are and keep it in mind. Hope they do anyway. If they keep it up I'm sure it will give certain teams an extra incentive to beat yis next season

Someone asked me who I play for. I'm giving my own opinion, although I'm sure team-mates would agree. But it's my own opinion and I'm not bringing team into it wouldnt be right

I think the problem here is that numero got on her high horse and start bi*ching about another team and now is completley backing away from her original comment.Dont make such comments if you can't follow them through.

There is no need for this to be going what example are you showing for the intermediate sides in the league that are trying there best to get to the top division.

Numero you obviously play in premier football and played against peamount but we played them twice pre season and i wouldn't consider us as challengers as we are in Inter 4 but they had the utmost respect for us and it was an honour to play against such a good team.

In my opinion i think you played them and they beat you and your a bit of a sore loser...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, am definitely not a sore loser. If a team loses it is usually their own fault and they should take it on the chin. The table doesn't lie - Peamount I think finished second and are also in semi-final of Cup.

I am not backing down from what I said - or getting off my "high horse" as you call it. The problem was that Nemo7 thought I was saying that all the Peamount players were dirty or intimidating. This is not what was said or meant in the post, and that's why I explained exactly what was meant (ie that a few of their players were disrespectful in comments that they made - i think it's called boasting). Don't mistake that for backing down. It doesn't matter what anyone says, it's the truth.

By the way, justpassin, you seem a little bit infatuated with Peamount.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, am definitely not a sore loser. If a team loses it is usually their own fault and they should take it on the chin. The table doesn't lie - Peamount I think finished second and are also in semi-final of Cup.

I am not backing down from what I said - or getting off my "high horse" as you call it. The problem was that Nemo7 thought I was saying that all the Peamount players were dirty or intimidating. This is not what was said or meant in the post, and that's why I explained exactly what was meant (ie that a few of their players were disrespectful in comments that they made - i think it's called boasting). Don't mistake that for backing down. It doesn't matter what anyone says, it's the truth.
    061 498710
    By the way, justpassin, you seem a little bit infatuated with Peamount.
    infatuated is a very strong word numero...

I have alot of respect for teams like peamount and dundalk ect.As there competition is UCD who basically can take there pick with all the best young players in the league and offer them full scholarships and also train together every day so it's nice to see the likes of peamount and dundalk who have got great teams together and probably train twice a week and finally give ucd a bit of competition.

It's a better league if it's closer it shows that womens football in Ireland is improving...!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well we agree on something then

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Next season looks to be a very interesting one already in the Premier.
    Raheny and St.Catherine's are promoted. Dundalk and Peamount will be strong again as will UCD. Expect Benfica to not be struggling next season either for once... remember where you heard it first

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah should be exciting and the closer things are the better

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    would it not be great to see cork and mayo in final and the west of ireland team go to europe and win some matchs there

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    which brings up the arguement why combined county league teams have to be created in the first place.

its a club competition. and a national one at that. all clubs throughout the whole country should be entitled to play. not just poachin the best players in a county and forming a team.
    foxford, salthill devon etc are 2 examples of strong teams from the west that should have been allowed enter.

i may be biased but i dont think its fair that these league teams, who would have only been playin together for a few months, be allowed to progress into europe and represent ireland in a european club competition.

and how bad would it look at landsdowne road when the female equivalent of the FAI cup final i.e Cork city v Drogheda (2clubs!), is made up of 2 league selection teams??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    may be there should be a inter county league but for now we have county league teams and nobody worryed until mayo beat u.c.d who have some of the best players in ireland that are not from dublin, and aother dublin team with some mayo players.there is also good teams in galway other that salthill and in mayo teams like ballina, swinford and ballinrobe have had good runs in ireland cups but would find it hard to get afull squad of players to train during the week.they play summer soccer when girls are off college.maybe this cup should have been left to clubs then u.c.d.would still be there and it would remain in dublin.good luck to monaghan as they set up their team

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with Nemi7 regarding teams who get together just for the cup. Also, WFAI cup should be better organised with many more teams from across Ireland - dare I say a cross-border cup?!

What have they done to encourage teams to enter?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with Nemi7 regarding teams who get together just for the cup. Also, WFAI cup should be better organised with many more teams from across Ireland - dare I say a cross-border cup?!

What have they done to encourage teams to enter?
    Ok bit of background here.
    Clubs from League's outside the pale were discouraged from entering because the dominant clubs from the capital would before the past couple of years invariably hammer them. 2 more recent examples
    Shiven Rovers (Roscommon) lost 11-0 at home to Shamrock Rovers in 2002
    Old Castle Celtic lost 9-1 to Shamrock Rovers in the 2001 semi-final.
    The number of teams from outside the Capital willing to enter the W.F.A.I. Senior Cup declined to the extent that one season the first round was made up exclusively of the 7 teams playing the in the Dublin Women's Soccer League's Premier Division . The only teams not from Dublin in the Cup that season were Dundalk and Benfica (Waterford) but these clubs are both members of the Dublin League Premier Division.

The only problem with representative sides playing in the Cup is if one of them wins the Cup they would not be permitted to represent Ireland in next season's Women's U.E.F.A. Cup., as it is a club competition.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've heard it all now.

So if, for example, the Mayo league win the WFAI Cup they can't play n the UEFA Cup? That is unbelievable. Do the words 'sham' or 'arse from elbow' mean anything to the people running the WFAI Cup?

The top teams in leagues around the country, for example Cork, could certainly make a game of it against the Dublin teams. These top teams in other counties should be encouraged to participate and make the competition a real national competition. Of course Dublin teams are usually stronger, because of popularity of GAA down the country, but I'm sure playing against Dublin teams will help the regional teams improve overall quality in their leagues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the organisers of football in this country seem to give a flying **** about women's football. Look at their website - ancient player profiles, no updated fixture reports. ****ing joke.

Look at how women's GAA is being promoted - could the, ahem, 'organisers' of women's soccer get their act together?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what happens next if a league side wins this cup? as if this would happen

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rasper
    what happens next if a league side wins this cup? as if this would happen
    Well the W.F.A.I. would have the option of inviting someone to represent Ireland. If the runner-up was a club side then they would be the next in line to be invited. As the situation has yet to arise I would not be able to comment further at this point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast