Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Round of the WFAI CUP

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Peamount V Mayo League... both teams are on their day capable of beating UCD... but I think home advantage may count here.

Dundalk V Cork League... Dundalk won narrowly last year in Cork in the semi-final, I predict a repeat showing this time.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wfai Cup

who is going to win it now?

any favourites?

All teams will be giving everything as the winner gets into the uefa cup next year.

I am undecided.....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes Dundalk and Peamount have been kept apart in the semi-final draw and should in all probability make the final.
    They are also engaged in a Play-off this weekend to decide runner-up spot in the Dublin Women's League Premier Division. They both finished only a point behind League champions UCD this season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Peamount will probably win bacause they are very pacey and direct- and maybe if they do win and get into Europe some of their players can be sent on a sporting behaviour course.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what time is dundalk playing peamount and where?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I will find out and post the details here later on for you rasper.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Numero
    and maybe if they do win and get into Europe some of their players can be sent on a sporting behaviour course.
    you feel like elaborating on that comment numero??

the peamount dundalk playoff is this sunday 30th at the dublin bus pitches at coldcut. KO is around 2pm but ill find out for definate later.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    word has it that peamount are afraid to play dundalk this weekend

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    rasper.

That could be because three of their best players are over seas. Two in the USA on Scholarship and one in England at the Arsenal Academy... come to think of it there could be more of them in England.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rasper
    word has it that peamount are afraid to play dundalk this weekend

and from where would you be getting these assumptions??

peamount are always up for a game against dundalk cuz the results are never set in stone. this will be the 4th time we meet this season and you can be sure we have our homework done on them
    although personally i think playing against UCD has proven to be a better game cuz both peamount and UCD have similar styles whereas Dundalk rely on a defensive game which leads to less goals. Im also not a fan of their play acting and timewasting. apart from obviously slowing the game down it proves they are not confident in their own ability on the field and have to resort to these tactics.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    rasper.

That could be because three of their best players are over seas. Two in the USA on Scholarship and one in England at the Arsenal Academy... come to think of it there could be more of them in England.
    our american scholorship players hav been gone since early August and we have survived just fine thank you very much!
    we have a strong squad of players, alot of which have been playin together for nearly 8years so we are quite confident going in to sundays game.
    of course its goin to be tough but there will be an element of revenge on our part after the shambles of game between us last month where dundalk knocked us out of the Premier Cup.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nemi7
    our american scholorship players hav been gone since early August and we have survived just fine thank you very much!
    we have a strong squad of players, alot of which have been playin together for nearly 8years so we are quite confident going in to sundays game.
    of course its goin to be tough but there will be an element of revenge on our part after the shambles of game between us last month where dundalk knocked us out of the Premier Cup.
    All very well however it still reduced the size of the panel ! I am also looking forward to a possible replay in Lansdowne Road

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    as are we!
    and glad to see the FAI switched it back to landsdowne cuz its not just the lads who dream of playin on that pitch

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wfai

Just found out that the dundalk -v- peamount match is off. Dundalk gave them a walk over. I am not affiliated with either team but my personal opinion is that dundalk are actually afraid to play peamount.

So peamount runners up in the League.

Will be looking forward to the final as I think it will be a great game if both peamount and dundalk progress to the final but my money is on peamount they are a better all round team and more sporting!!

Whoever wrote that peamount are unsporting is talking pure dynamite as I have played against and watched alot of peamount and never was there an act of unsporting behaviour.

So numero it would be interesting to hear why you think peamount are unsporting?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justpassin
    Just found out that the dundalk -v- peamount match is off. Dundalk gave them a walk over. I am not affiliated with either team but my personal opinion is that dundalk are actually afraid to play peamount.

So peamount runners up in the League.

Will be looking forward to the final as I think it will be a great game if both peamount and dundalk progress to the final but my money is on peamount they are a better all round team and more sporting!!

Whoever wrote that peamount are unsporting is talking pure dynamite as I have played against and watched alot of peamount and never was there an act of unsporting behaviour.

So numero it would be interesting to hear why you think peamount are unsporting?
    I was talking with their(i.e. Dundalk) coach last Sunday. He was telling me that Dundalk City Ladies FC operated all season off a squad of 13-14 players. They sustained 5 injuries in their Cup win and he had sent the players to the Dundalk F.C. physio for assessment if they were deemed unfit he was going to have problems this Sunday...so not too surprised they had to concede only 8 fit players. Justpassin, have you actually seen the Dundalk Ladies team recently? They fear nobody I can assure you of that.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 29/10/2005 at 10:09 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was talking with their(i.e. Dundalk) coach last Sunday. He was telling me that Dundalk City Ladies FC operated all season off a squad of 13-14 players. They sustained 5 injuries in their Cup win and he had sent the players to the Dundalk F.C. physio for assessment if they were deemed unfit he was going to have problems this Sunday...so not too surprised they had to concede only 8 fit players. Justpassin, have you actually seen the Dundalk Ladies team recently? They fear nobody I can assure you of that.

Yeah I was out watching the premier cup final between Dundalk and UCD it wasn't a great match to wacth didn't think either team played well it would be interesting to know if any of the peamount girls went out to watch because if they did I would say they would be quite confident playing against them after that performance..

But you never know it's a cup final and anything can happen. My money is still on Peamount though.!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Never said Peamount are unsporting as a team or squad. I think they're a very good team football-wise but the carry-on from a few of their players on the pitch is unsporting. Their coach should address it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Numero
    Never said Peamount are unsporting as a team or squad. I think they're a very good team football-wise but the carry-on from a few of their players on the pitch is unsporting. Their coach should address it.

Your last quote you said that they should go on a sporting behaviour course to me that's sounds like your calling them unsporting as i said before i played against them a few times and have never had any problem i play in the lower league and actually respect peamount alot from what they have achieved and hope one day that we can be up there against them in the top division.

What carry-on are you actually talking about?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justpassin
    Your last quote you said that they should go on a sporting behaviour course to me that's sounds like your calling them unsporting as i said before i played against them a few times and have never had any problem i play in the lower league and actually respect peamount alot from what they have achieved and hope one day that we can be up there against them in the top division.

What carry-on are you actually talking about?
    Good question justpassin... do you play in the Intermediate Divisions by any chance?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good question justpassin... do you play in the Intermediate Divisions by any chance?
    Yeah play in inter 4.hopefully we'll get a few more players in and we can climb up the divisions and be up there against the best.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast