Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can this new keeper fill diggers boots?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can this new keeper fill diggers boots?

watchin el weekley last night kelly(?) seed to have a bad game. I agree with playing digger les and less as he is going. I would like to see young garry play more for the first team. He seem to be getting better as he matures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Shay Kelly is not the man to take over from digger. aslong as digger is with us he should be playing in the big games in particular. we are still in the mix up and not playing digger baffles me. he is having a super season and has kept numerous clean sheets. kelly didnt look confident in either of the games. he may be a good shot stopper but when it comes to commanding his eighteen yard box he is very jittery. we need a solid replacement for the legend.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Saw eL weekly last night and thought he was at fault for all three goals. Fair play to Osam and Scully -they weren't afraid to say it as it is.
    The keeper played regularly for Bohs so he can't be all that bad, maybe just out of practice?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He didn't do well on any of the goals but he had to get a chance at some stage otherwise how do you know if he'll be good enough? Would think Digger will be back though. Kelly is apparently excellent in training so maybe it's a case of not enough games with the defence or something.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think Kelly is good enough. He was dreadful with Bohs. Know a lot of Bohs fans who literally laughed at me when they heard we got Kelly on loan. Think we will be hard pushed to get a good replacement for Digger. Digger has saved our ass many many times. Should get a statue or something made of the legend!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Think your all being a bit hard on kelly in only his second game.I was impressed with him against waterford especially his kick outs which are excellent and a welcome break from diggers kickouts.Wsnt in derry but from what i've seen he was at fault.Didnt agree with osam and scully saying we should have stuck with digger.Kellys only on loan and we need to try him out at some stage and after his performance against waterford,he deserved a place.Digger hasnt had his best season and has been shaky at times,ucd at home a few weeks ago an example
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    were up there now we cant be droppin points because we have to try ppl out. its too far into the season for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Yeah but digger was having a poor run of form and kelly is a proven goalkeeper in the el,so why not?Secondly it would be a waste of money,to sign some one on loan and never play him plus the fact that we signed him with the possiblity of signing him at the end of the season,how are we going to know if he's good enough if he doesnt play.Its not like alan put a keeper from the under 21's out to try him out
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I was against signing Kelly, as I (still) think Cassin should've been given his head as understudy to Digger. (same as we shouldn't have signed his name sake Liam in place of giving Adrian Murphy a run out the other year).

All I'll say about Kelly's ability is that Bohs fans rate Dempsey as being better, which says it all to me.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Kelly was great for us a few years ago (and UCD before that) but anytime I've seen him play since he's looked totally disinterested
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    tbh any time ive seen him play for bohs etc he has been shaky and ayt this stage of season i think sticking with the tried and trusted is best.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It looks like Cassin is injured and will be out of the game for a while.
    Unlucky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah Gary was injured in the Longford Town under 21's game vs Derry City which ended 0-0. He had a blow to the head and was brought to hospital to be checked out. Anyone know how he is since?
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Sure if we are looking a new keeper, what are peoples opinion of Gary Rogers of Drogheda ? He is rotting on the bench there at the moment. Anytime i've seen him play he hads played alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltfc_2004
    Sure if we are looking a new keeper, what are peoples opinion of Gary Rogers of Drogheda ? He is rotting on the bench there at the moment. Anytime i've seen him play he hads played alright
    Ah gary rodgers,my biggest memorys of him was:
    1)Going up for an easy ball,catching it before throwing it to lavine 2 yards away from him for an easy tap in(drogs 0-5 Longford)
    2)Alan kirby chipping him from the halfway line

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltfc_2004
    Would be a great signing for ye - was always pretty decent but prone to the odd error - but has improved alot over the course of last season and many drogs would have him as there number 1 before connor
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Would be a great signing for ye - was always pretty decent but prone to the odd error - but has improved alot over the course of last season and many drogs would have him as there number 1 before connor
    Funny, think I remember a Drog's fan saying something similar about Myler when we signed him!! What a waste of space he turned out to be!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themull69
    Funny, think I remember a Drog's fan saying something similar about Myler when we signed him!! What a waste of space he turned out to be!!
    well we'll gladly take him back as he still hasnt been replaced
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As i said before and ill say it again you can take the useless pr1ck as well as our manager if you want to part with doolo well give a switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    As i said before and ill say it again you can take the useless pr1ck as well as our manager if you want to part with doolo well give a switch.
    You don't mean that. Trust me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast