Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Everton UEFA CUP

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Everton UEFA CUP

What about that horror challange on Arteta last night ,and yer man only got a yellow card too .It was really scary to see him have a fit on the pitch with all those medics around him,never seen a player shake like that after a challange before,at first I thought he swallowed his tongue or maybe broke his neck,seems like he's ok now and is still in hospital,hope he pulls through,not a nice thing to see.I hope the Romanian player gets a lenghty ban for that
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin12
    I hope the Romanian player gets a lenghty ban for that
    If UEFA review the tapes with a view to banning anyone then Drunken Fergusson should be banned for his flying elbows.
    Delighted to see Everton fall short and be shown up for what they really are.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    If UEFA review the tapes with a view to banning anyone then Drunken Fergusson should be banned for his flying elbows.
    Delighted to see Everton fall short and be shown up for what they really are.

Yeah,I agree about Ferguson so they should both get heavy bans,yer mans challange was way over the top though as bad as Schumacher's on Battison in world cup 82 imo.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yer mans challange was way over the top though as bad as Schumacher's on Battison in world cup 82 imo.
    I'd say he got some quare fright when he saw him on the ground afterwards.
    Doubt UEFA will review it though because the referee took action.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    and it wasnt even a dirty game , there was the dunc incident and about 3 other ones from the romainians ( 1 on weir and 1 on bent where the player watches the man not the ball ) , it was all hand bags really but that last challenge was terrible on artetta , he was rushed to hospital and kept in all night but is thought to be allright now .

a fine display by everton if they play like that all season they'll be back up top in no time .plus when the injured players start coming back ( they are still missing 6 first team players )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    a fine display by everton if they play like that all season they'll be back up top in no time
    Ha ha ha, what a joke!
    Listen mate, I saw them down at Arsenal. They are far and away the worst team I've ever seen at that ground! Relegation fodder if I ever saw it.
    The only reason Everton looked mobile and creative last night was because the Romanians had come to defend their massive lead and gave Everton space. Don't fool yourself by thinking you've turned a corner.
    Expect another defeat at the weekend.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ha ha ha, what a joke!
    Listen mate, I saw them down at Arsenal. They are far and away the worst team I've ever seen at that ground!
    Infairness to Everton they played their best game of the season last night and if they can bring that form into the premiership they will soon be away from the relegation zone,I wouldn't say they'd be back up top as Anto suggested,mid table would be more realistic.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Infairness to Everton they played their best game of the season last night
    They played because they were allowed to play. Few teams will give them that time and space to move the ball around and get it forward. When all is said and done, they only managed to score once and fell way short. They'll be lucky if they manage to pull out of the bottom three.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ha ha ha, what a joke!
    Listen mate, I saw them down at Arsenal. They are far and away the worst team I've ever seen at that ground! Relegation fodder if I ever saw it.
    The only reason Everton looked mobile and creative last night was because the Romanians had come to defend their massive lead and gave Everton space. Don't fool yourself by thinking you've turned a corner.
    Expect another defeat at the weekend.
    oh yawn !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    really enjoyed the game last night. for a team that play plenty of long balls, and direct football, it can be entertaining at times - well it is certainly more exciting than watching bolton (or liverpool i suppose - but for different reasons) .i think everton are certainly no worse than the likes of villa, birmingham, west ha & co - and will definately rise up to around mid table.

unfortunatly for them the key moment of the tie was the save in injury time n the first leg from the ferguson header, 4-2 down i reckon they would have overturned it last night, but 5-1 was just too big an ask.

also mc fadden was a lucky boy last night - he had a little kick out which if noticed was a red card (but he also appeared to be spat at in the first half, so maybe that balanced itself out)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Seen a bit of the game on tv & if you didn't know which team finished 4th in the EPL you'd have gone for the red jerseys as they clearly had so much better technique than the blue jerseys.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    oh yawn !
    That sums Everton up alright, good of ya to spot it
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    jaysus i almost forgot to swing by and gloat...
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ha,ha,ha if only Cork could have drawn them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Anybody watch Xanthi-Boro on Sky One? Caught a bit of it after the Cork game (Emerson playing for Xanthi against his former team!!), and it was the most boring game I have ever watched ever. There was absolutely no atmosphere at all - in fact, there was almost negative atmosphere. There were about 20 Boro fans in the entire away stand (Premiership doesn't get pilloried over this, of course). Even the occasional chance off the line couldn't make thegame in any way exciting. If you're of that way of thinking, think Belfield Park and times it by ten!