Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate... because...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hate... because...

I hate Pete Doherty because I think he's a prat who is just famous because he is with Kate Moss and not because of his music, I am a big music fan and at the moment I am listening to Arcade Fire, Hard-Fi, Kaiser Chiefs because I have heard them through friends, radio etc yet I have yet to hear even one song by Baby Shambles.. I’m not against that kind of rock star, I was a big fan of Liam Gallagher but at least I heard of Oasis before I heard of Liam... Maybe I’m wrong and they're great, I might download their album for the crack if I get a chance.

Who do you hate and why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    I hate boy bands because 5 blokes perched on stools covering tracks the Bee Gees rejected is not music, it's mass market tripe designed to sell the most amount of singles in the least possible time to the demographic (another marketing term I can't stand) with the most cash power - either their own or their parents. It's the musical equivalent of the 4-5-1 formation, getting results in the short term without thinking how it's going to affect future bands/teams and the "musicians"/players in the latter stages of their careers. It destroyed the music industry in the mid '90s and, with the emergence of rock acts in recent years, it's only recovering now, along with the rest of us who realise what real music is.
    I'll quite happily dance on the grave of boy bands when the world realises what these acts are doing to the kids of today. My parents grew up in a musical world of The Clash, The Sex Pistols, David Bowie, Bob Marley etc - i.e. people who had something to say and weren't afraid to offend the system to say it.
    What do today's teenagers listen to?? Boyzone and Blue telling us nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times before, what-his-name McFadden lamenting that all he wants is peace and quiet so he can drink "some English tea" and watch the football?? All the while posing for photos with the tart of the week in Hello or OK or some other glossy?? Give me a break!!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Kaiser Chiefs, The Futureheads, Razorlight; this is alternative music eh? Well if this bland muck is the hight of what is the alternative to mainstream bland muck like 'R n' B' (I use the term very losely) then I despair.
    Listen pups go out and spend your hard earned on old Smiths albums, 'George Best' by The Wedding Present, The Pixies, The Sugarcubes, 'Psychocandy' by The Jesus and Mary Chain, there are great, great albums out there; don't waste your cash on trash that you will look back on in five years and say why did I bother.
    The Killers and Interpol are about the only things that I have heard recently that cut the mustard.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    i hate pat obanton...i dont know why i just do.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I hate Keane....they make my skin crawl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    I hate James Blunt soppy tw*t.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I hate record companies, because even so called alternative music these days is manufactured. Bands sounding the same, bands not given a chance to develop if their first single doesn't go straight to number one etc etc etc.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I hate Manchester Utd and Chelsea
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jenny Frost of Atomic Kitten. If their music wasn't torture enough, I had the misfortune of continuing to read an article she did (even though I was getting mad by doing so), where she basically came across as a stuck up b!tch who thought she had talent to burn. Strange I know....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Angry

I hate not even knowing where to start.

Nu Metal: Poncy, haircut obsessed, makeup wearing white middle-class tools who's mommy wouldn't buy them a PS2 for christmas ...the bitch. By the way ..it's spelt NEW not NU. ...and as for refering to actual Metal as Old Skool -it's not Old Skool -it's MY school (note spelling of school)
    Now take your Slippy Biscuits, your Limpysnots, your Korns and bunions and F U C K right off!!!

R & B and mainstream Hip Hop Jeeesus Wept!!!! Never ever ever could I have imagined a scenario in which human beings could manage to make lithe young ladies in swimsuits dripping in baby oil appear pathetically un-sexy. Then this w@nkers brigade rolled into town.

Taking up the baton from such luminaries of musical pioneering as Whitesnake, Spinal Tap and Motley Crue, these left hand typists made it

*acceptable to drag women around on dog leads for another generation

*made the songs they're promoting into nothing more than audio tracks to trashy mini-movies and glorified lifestyle ads

*sucked the life and more importantly SOUL out of MOBO.

*given some really fcuked up mixed messages to their audience about lifestyle enhancment. "Look at my bling -I got it from being an MC ...but y'know if the MC deal doesn't work out -there are other ways to get this". A pox on them all.

MTV -the people ultimately responsible for all the above. Now producing 37 minutes per hour of despicable TV for 22 years - this bloated corporate media backed lifestyle ad is, by design or evolution, a Multi-National manipulated bottle neck in the free flow of new music -a drowning pool, as it were, where those who don't have the budgets to produce videos averaging half a million a pop are starved of oxygen by those who can and those who pay for the adverts. So called Music Television -something of a misnomer as one would encounter more music and less lifestyle on the fcuking Lifestyle Channel came into being in 1983 boasting that they shared the same dream as The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix for a place where Music could be heard and seen 24 hours a day. In reality of course they'd complain that the Beatles singer was "a bit fat" for daytime and that Jimi hendrix would be "too black" for MTV2.

In the mid 80's Frank Zappa warned us of EXACTLY what would happen when MTV became the "one stop shop" that they have and I'm ashamed to admit (though only a pre-teen at the time) I half laughed at him. It seemed like the sour grapes of an old man warning that no-one without their (MTV) nod of approval would get through the bottleneck -and today? The exeptions define the rule.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    lionel brilliant post, agree exactly, though i think we are of the same musical disposition on a lot of areas, so a lot of others on here wont agree with ye.

did you know taht mtv was setup up as a channel for alternative/rock/hard rock music to give bands a chance???? tis funny how popularity gets in the way of ideals...
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    come backs, blondie etc.......just go away and die ( unless ur elvis or the stone roses )
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton
    The Kaiser Chiefs, The Futureheads, Razorlight; this is alternative music eh? Well if this bland muck is the hight of what is the alternative to mainstream bland muck like 'R n' B' (I use the term very losely) then I despair.
    Listen pups go out and spend your hard earned on old Smiths albums, 'George Best' by The Wedding Present, The Pixies, The Sugarcubes, 'Psychocandy' by The Jesus and Mary Chain, there are great, great albums out there; don't waste your cash on trash that you will look back on in five years and say why did I bother.
    The Killers and Interpol are about the only things that I have heard recently that cut the mustard.
    Pups, listen to Pat, never more truer words typed. I keep looking out there for new music to buy and there is nothing.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    the killers will be gone in 6 months ive said this before, franz ferdinand have a new album coming out only for that most would have forgotten about them they are all the same crap.

however warning to all users do not buy the smiths or any of that crap, i do agree you have to go back though to really witness and experience good music, the only bands that have been gonig for the last 20 eyars and sell records are the good aul hard rock bands nothign better quality quality quality.

and you never ever tire of them. just listening to maiden now, awesome everything you can ask for in 5 minutes of pure magic.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I hate Stinkin Park and all them so called "rock" bands like them. West****e and the like, the evil son of them Brian McFlippen and satin himself Louie Walsh.

Cable channel Flaunt stuck in between two rock channels on NTL (don’t care much for them either) Jamiroquai is also crap.
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea
    the killers will be gone in 6 months ive said this before, franz ferdinand have a new album coming out only for that most would have forgotten about them they are all the same crap.

however warning to all users do not buy the smiths or any of that crap, i do agree you have to go back though to really witness and experience good music, the only bands that have been gonig for the last 20 eyars and sell records are the good aul hard rock bands nothign better quality quality quality.

and you never ever tire of them. just listening to maiden now, awesome everything you can ask for in 5 minutes of pure magic.
    I think this might be where you and me diverge musically Paul.

Love The Smiths I do. Would recommend any newcomers start with "Singles" and move onto The Queen Is Dead, The Smiths and Strangeways Here We Come before finishing off on Meat Is Murder.

Whatever about Morrisseys other supposed flaws ( I met the man and he was an absolute Gent btw) -as a lyricist we'll be lucky if we see anyone who comes close to him in the next 50 years.

Can't find much fault with The Killers either -great pop songs and a great voice -I find the 80's Keyboard sound rather wearisome very quickly though.

I love Iron Maiden btw
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ya i knew you did, but i just feel that the killers having nothing new about them, all these same bands popping up with a few good songs on an album and then disappearing, that irish band from dublin ( cant remember name but from blackrock funny hair, tight tshirts, cut jeans, smelly krustys you know the type ah just came to me the thrills, or lack there of ) that other crowd from new york not white stripes( funny hair, not long not short, tight clothes, funny trousers, cut jeans sometimes, smelly krustys you know the type ) where are they now? tehy were the next big thing, again just one album wonders and disappear. btw ive seen both of the bands im on about twice and taught they were crap, thrills had no stage presence at all.

damn its giong to annoy me who that crap new york band were.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    oh ya and why i dont liket the smiths( actually i like 3!) is because they do all sound the same, and his voice is so irritating, its really annoying, i know he sings in a sarcastic tone on purpose but it just drives me mad, i suppose you either love it or hate it really, no in between
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hate Tuesdays they are the worst day of the week even Monday is better cos at least your still thinking about the weekend but there is something i hate even more that fella jeremy guskett, i really hate him he really annoys me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I hate these talent shows. You're a Star....? More like You're a Sap for thinking you can make it with no talent or originality!!

These shows have given people like Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell, Tabby and Brendan Kilkenny an open forum to annoy and abuse. They should all be taking round the back of the recording studio and shot......
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast