Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    Finn Harps = Donegal Catch Celtic
    Sligo Rovers = Westlife Wanderers
    Shamrock Rovers = Revenue Commissioners FC
    Cork City = Sonia O'Sullivans Dream Team.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    it would be typical of Ollie to team up with the jailkeepers of the Rossport 5!
    When Pats fans do something about this,come back to me,otherwise f*ck off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They used to wear violet. Maybe the name change is a bit much but surely they have no problem with getting right of "Salzburg's Violet and White Army".

Is it true that they used to play 4-3-3 but the new management gave them wing(er)s.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecko
    Liverpool Bohemians
    Home Farm Everton

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    its a disgrace. dunno why more isn't being done to combat it. every club should try and get a banner done over the next few weeks and send on our support.

Was Dublin, then Madrid, then Paris, now London
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1
    How do you suggest that happens?
    If nobody goes to any of the games, buys any of the merchandise, does anything in fact which helps the "club" then Red Bull will pull out, and other companies will stay away from trying something similar.

If the Salzberg lads have to reform their club a la AFC Wimbledon, then so be it, better than having no club at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl
    If nobody goes to any of the games, buys any of the merchandise, does anything in fact which helps the "club" then Red Bull will pull out, and other companies will stay away from trying something similar.

If the Salzberg lads have to reform their club a la AFC Wimbledon, then so be it, better than having no club at all.
    i dont think that will work in this instance.
    the guy who bought the club is a billionaire who wants two things
    a: a marketing vehice for his drink.
    b: an ego massaging place to bring corporate clients.
    i believe he has tried to ban exising fans so a boycot is just what he wants.
    money is absolutly no object on the footballling side.
    but it is on the red bull side.
    a good boycott of redbull, that would make him think

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    This is the done thing all over europe. Bayern Munich? Bayer Laverkusen? they dont mean united or city you know one is a medical thing and the other build combine harvestors etc. loads of examples elsewhere also PSV Eindhoven, the P is Philips which owns the stadium and pretty much the city and emplys 28,000 people there.
    wtf you on about bayern?? bayern muenchen is german for bavaria munich. bavaria is the provence in which munich is situated.

bayer have owned the leverkusen football team for a very very long time. in fact i think they were founded as the factory team.

these are totally different issues

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac
    For the Salzburg fans in Austria, if Red Bull is killing the team, then pay your last respects and move on. Reclaim your team, even if you have to start right at the bottom. Wimbledon did it in London and I for one would rather watch my team play at a lower level than pay for the club to be turned into a glorified cinema.
    Not forgetting FC United and AFC Telford too. That's before you get into the clubs being taken over by fans groups/ supporters trusts. Supporters are realising it's the only way fans can protect the integrity of the club - if that means starting again then so be it. I can see it becoming more of a trend (incidentally I believe that even in the conference this begining to happen, with Boston fans talking of starting a break away).
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    wtf you on about bayern?? bayern muenchen is german for bavaria munich. bavaria is the provence in which munich is situated.

bayer have owned the leverkusen football team for a very very long time. in fact i think they were founded as the factory team.

these are totally different issues

you're right about Bayer starting of and continuing as a company team!
    Sitting pretty!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was talking to a Salzburg season ticket holder during the off season and although he didn't mention the name change etc, he said that they had new investers and they had just signed a load of new players and now could finally challange the top three in the league. Salzburg from what I gathered where abit like the Drogs in football terms, with top flight football guarenteed ensuring that the season was a success but now things have changed atleast on paper and they finally have the resources to challange for a league title.

This is hardly very surprising the world as we know it is becoming increasingly globalised. Its brands not products that matters for big corps and this is only another step. There isn't awhole lot of space left in the world that been branded to some extent or another. I guess that is the price of success in the MTVisation of the world. Give up your identity, eat in Mickey D's, wear Nike, talk with Vodafone, support Man U, watch MTV et cetra...
    A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dunno. Guinness Bohs has a ring to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley
    I dunno. Guinness Bohs has a ring to it.
    both british institutions posing as irish with links to the tory party.

it does have a ring to it alright!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac
    Would people complain as much if their local pub was turned into a wine bar and bistro to aim for a yuppie crowd? To non football fans and to businessmen, the two situations are exactly the same. For fans the question now is why do we continue to support "clubs" that will jerk us around, take our money, give us nothing back and then expect us to live or die by how successful the business is? Sooner or later the backlash will hit football. If you turn a club into a money-first business, then don't be surprised when your customers start looking for more satisfying entertainment.
    I think this is spot on, and that football will very soon learn its lesson. Its already started in the Premiership, a study recently having been commissioned to examine why crowds are falling away.

They took a product, english football, and rebranded it away from its original fan base, hyped the hell out of is and sold it through Sky tv to a new trendy well off middle class market. The people who supported football when it was unfashionable were either priced out or lost interst in the new corporate entities and now the novelty is wearing off for the new "fans" who will soon move on to the next trend they see on the telly.

The Salzburg thing is an example of somebody doing this to a single club.

TG

PS: Durex Derry City. Oh the irony!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12