Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

  1. #1
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    16,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,528
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,020
    Thanked in
    827 Posts

    Thumbs up Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

    has anyone heard the remix to this, well dont konw if its a remix as such or just a re-recording, its a lot heavier, thumbds up big time on this, as i was never a fan, but his voice blends well with the heavy guitars.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  2. #2
    First Team Gareth's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I love Depeche Mode and love the original. Must listen out for the version you are talking about. Where did you here it? Depeche Mode have some utterly fantastic songs!!
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

  3. #3
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    16,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,528
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,020
    Thanked in
    827 Posts
    i got it off a friend i think its called:
    the reslience or something like that, ill try to find out.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  4. #4
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea
    has anyone heard the remix to this, well dont konw if its a remix as such or just a re-recording, its a lot heavier, thumbds up big time on this, as i was never a fan, but his voice blends well with the heavy guitars.
    Heavy Guitars and Depeche Mode!!! NONONO It sounds like a *******isation of it!
    Cork City FC

  5. #5
    Reserves
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    883
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    They have a new album coming out soon and I believe that they will be playing here as part of their upcoming tour. I've been a fan of theirs for years but their last album was rubbish. I really like the way their music progressed from their 80's stuff, which I also really like, on to the likes of Violator, Songs of Faith and Devotion, Ultra etc. but their last album really was brutal. Hopefully they will be back on track with this new album.

  6. #6
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    They have a new album coming out soon and I believe that they will be playing here as part of their upcoming tour. I've been a fan of theirs for years but their last album was rubbish. I really like the way their music progressed from their 80's stuff, which I also really like, on to the likes of Violator, Songs of Faith and Devotion, Ultra etc. but their last album really was brutal. Hopefully they will be back on track with this new album.
    Unfortunately though David Gahns voice is gone and they seem intent on trying to write rock/indie stuff that really doesn't suit them. It will interesting to hear the new album. They play in London in April any news on dates for Ireland?
    Cork City FC

  7. #7
    Reserves
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    883
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebs23
    Unfortunately though David Gahns voice is gone and they seem intent on trying to write rock/indie stuff that really doesn't suit them. It will interesting to hear the new album. They play in London in April any news on dates for Ireland?
    I don't know about his voice being gone but to be fair I haven't heard him singing live in a few years, last time was at their last gig here which was about 7 or 8 years ago I think. A date had not been pencilled in for here at all but they took a second look at it and are now talking about playing here in October '06 so it's way off yet.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,822
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The original was hard to match in fairness. Possibly their best ever single

Similar Threads

  1. WANTED: Depeche Mode standing ticket, 10th December, O2
    By brianw82 in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30/09/2009, 9:53 PM
  2. Depeche Mode in Point
    By rebs23 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27/06/2006, 9:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •