Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: And the most prolific shoplifters are...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

And the most prolific shoplifters are...

Last edited by strangeirish; 05/10/2005 at 6:49 PM.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Went through a brief shoplifting phase when I was about 13 (1986).

It was actually very much a game and a gang mentallity thing ...there were three or four of us in the same group doing it. None of us came from wealthy backgrounds but none of us were "poor" either -as in -we'd all have had pocket money to buy bits'n'pieces if we needed to.

Easons were the usual victim -it started with felt tip pens, caligraphy pens, nice detailers and fan paint brushes -some of those quite valuable and not the type of thing a young fellah in 2nd year in any way needs in his kit. Then moved on to tubes and glasses of paint or ink, pastels (yes we were all in the same Art class ) ...if one had something -everyone else had to have it too. It all just went up the cuff of a shirt.

Then the game became "who can lift the biggest thing?" -not neccessarily the most valuable -just the largest and physically bulkiest.

So I graduated onto those Airfix model aeroplanes -which I'd been collecting (legitimately ) for years anyway so no-one was suspicious when I was hanging around the stand for ages picking my moment. I'd buy a magazine downstairs so I'd have a large easons bag which i'd leave slightly open on the ground popped up between my feet. pick your box, pick your moment,knock the box off the shelf and straight ino your bag. You're only screwed if you've been seen -directly -doing it and asked to produce a receipt.

A mate of mine stole an imperial A1 Samantha Fox poster in it's cardboard tube. He limped in on crutchs he borrowed from another friend of ours -stuck the tube down his "straight" leg -brazen as you like -and hobbled out the door. I thought it was suicide mission but he did it.

Then as suddenly as we'd started -we just stopped. A girl we knew to see got caught lifting a pair of tights or something from Penneys across the road and ended up in a world of sh1t for it. -for a £1.50 pair of tights!!!? -while some of my mates were hauling £20 and £25 worth of paint brushes at a time.

Might've been the wake up call we needed. Either way we just stopped.

So anyone else got a criminal background they'd like to confess to?
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    the Swiss were the most disciplined shoppers, the survey showed.
    They do their selling (gold) at macro level instead.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Lionel was a regular little Fagan by the sounds. Well my only time entering into the realms of criminality was nicking pick n mix from Superquinns. This consisted of one or two sweets every once a month for a year. I probably own them a euro. I would always nick the iced carmels. Bloody lovely they were. A bunch of my mates when I was 10 or so nicked a box of Caramels from the back of a delivery lorry in Cavan. I may of eaten one or two of them. (I am not from Cavan just to clarify!!).

Talking about shopping, a friend I know didnt nick things but as a kid loved punching holes in stuff. So frozen goods, meats, packs of rice etc, holes everywhere. Evil huh!!! I think he just liked the popping noise hehe
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    was nicking pick n mix from Superquinns.
    reminds me of an angry Apu having to chastise Homer -

"a Snickers is not a sprinkle, Sir!!!"
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    Went through a brief shoplifting phase when I was about 13 (1986).
    Lionel .... you have to get yourself over to Dunmanway ... you'd make a killing there !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoolEire
    Used to work in a garage, the stingy fu(kers woudnt give us a bonus at christmas one year so all the staff came in one night when the manager wasnt in and took their bonus everone took at least 2 selection boxes, a large box of cab roses, christmas cards, wrapping paper, and magazines
    all in all it was a decent substitute for a bonus
    2 selection boxes .... you'll go straight to hell for that one !!
    Last edited by A face; 06/10/2005 at 11:49 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    2 selection boxes .... you'll go straight to hell for that one !!
    Gluttony is a mortal sin