Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipp South & District League 2005/06

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shane Long

Always nice to see a local boy doing well. Will Borrris or Michaels recieve any compensation from Reading for player development?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its hard 2tel. cork city wud b 1st in line id say. if e wer transferred den dey mite but the percentage gets smaller down the line. he did most of his development at borris, he was with michaels for less than 2years

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good to see aswell that another young lad called marky power from clonmel will be making the move nex summer across the water to aston villa. the standard of young talent is increasing because more and more people are getting coaching badges

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hey van man, what game were you at or watchin. tralee dynamos totally dominated their game against nenagh celtic fully deserved their victory should have won by more.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipperary_Man
    its hard 2tel. cork city wud b 1st in line id say. if e wer transferred den dey mite but the percentage gets smaller down the line. he did most of his development at borris, he was with michaels for less than 2years
    He would prob not have not got the break at Borris. Aiden Ryan had him in Mick's Fai squad at 15. He recommended him to Noel O Connor (assistant to Dolan at the time in Cork) and the rest is history. To be honest, he would prob not have been spotted without this. If your not in Dublin you need the extra break no matter how good you are.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    also gary frewen saint michaels on his way to england and timmy kiely another ex saint michaels player now with glasgow celtic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    anybody at the Villa game yesterday? It was absolutely brutal....I do not know what is going on there. It can't be Finnan's fault, his record speaks for itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry
    anybody at the Villa game yesterday? It was absolutely brutal....I do not know what is going on there. It can't be Finnan's fault, his record speaks for itself.
    Can't say I was there. But that's a very poor result for Peake. It's just not happening for them this year. They had a better season last year and a good run the FAI Junior Cup. What had Dwyer last year that Finnan hasn't this year ?

Can this be a building year for them ? Ponder ponder.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

Can anyone tell me is there agro going on between Clonmel Town and the Oscar Traynor Team. I see Town are down for a fixture this Sunday and so are the Oscar Traynors ??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont think its anything between Clonmel and the OT team but lets face it, Clonmel have bigger priorities than the Oscar Traynor and the league should excuse the players from this dead rubber. The Nationalist a few weeks back was calling for more committment from players; how about some bloody committment from the powers that be in the league towards this competition. The players are treated like s**t and no-one can blame them for not bothering. Whoever wrote that rubbish in the Nationalist is merely the mouth piece of the dictator!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Is the 'Bridge v St. Kevin's match to be played in Ferryhouse or Green Lane. As can be seen it's a while since I've been to a Bridge game so excuse the ignorance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bridge v Kevins

Probably Ferryhouse, the bog is hardly playable.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galla
    Is the 'Bridge v St. Kevin's match to be played in Ferryhouse or Green Lane. As can be seen it's a while since I've been to a Bridge game so excuse the ignorance.
    That game is on at Clonmel Celtics pitch on the by-pass. An enclosed pitch is needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tipp man
    I dont think its anything between Clonmel and the OT team but lets face it, Clonmel have bigger priorities than the Oscar Traynor and the league should excuse the players from this dead rubber. The Nationalist a few weeks back was calling for more committment from players; how about some bloody committment from the powers that be in the league towards this competition. The players are treated like s**t and no-one can blame them for not bothering. Whoever wrote that rubbish in the Nationalist is merely the mouth piece of the dictator!
    So basically every Team involved outside of League fixtures i.e. FAI Junior Cup should have their players excused from OT Duties ? If that was the case there would nearly be no OT Team any season as the TSDL Team make good progress in the FAI Competition. Why should the OT Team differ than any other county when it comes to fielding a county team. I'm not familiar with how the players are treated, obviously from your statement they don't get treated very well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation

van the man...no offence but ya should quit while your ahead there now.Its not just teams that are involved in the FAI junior either,the oscar trainor had a good chance of qualifying before the last game( v MSL) yet peake villa and town were down to play a league game at 10am that morning,and all players involved expected to be at the oscar trainor game at 2 o clock again the same day. That sounds like the league have no respect for the players involved. When you look at it of the team that won the oscar trainor a few years back(2 seasons ago) how many of that team are still yop players in the league....all bar 1 or 2 i think? now you should ask why those same players will not play oscar trainor anymore? lack of respect is right,teams that come to tipp rarely get food after a game and even if they do the tipp team hardly get anything where other teams often have meals etc prepared for travelling teams.Its sad to see it gone the way it has but it seems that it has been rotting away from the top down and not from the players up.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jug2004
    van the man...no offence but ya should quit while your ahead there now.Its not just teams that are involved in the FAI junior either,the oscar trainor had a good chance of qualifying before the last game( v MSL) yet peake villa and town were down to play a league game at 10am that morning,and all players involved expected to be at the oscar trainor game at 2 o clock again the same day. That sounds like the league have no respect for the players involved. When you look at it of the team that won the oscar trainor a few years back(2 seasons ago) how many of that team are still yop players in the league....all bar 1 or 2 i think? now you should ask why those same players will not play oscar trainor anymore? lack of respect is right,teams that come to tipp rarely get food after a game and even if they do the tipp team hardly get anything where other teams often have meals etc prepared for travelling teams.Its sad to see it gone the way it has but it seems that it has been rotting away from the top down and not from the players up.

its the same in the limerick league, players have no interest in the competition and fake injury to get out of playing, its badly managed and their is no incentive or reward for players picked to play. It has to come from the top down otherwise scrap the competition which would be a shame as it could be good once more.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Jug2004, you are more articulate than me and that was the point I was trying to make. Unless the powers that be invest some effort and resources into this thing then they should just forget about it. To enter a tounament half arsed is a nonsense. It does the TSDL no credit and the players have enough demands on them already. Some Cork guy once went on about failing to plan and planning to fail; don't know his name though!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    great to see old bridge flying the flag along with town for the TSDL,hats off they are a good cup side. They always seem to produce it on the day at the moment,Passage and now kevins boys sent packing,pity about the draw but i'd say both teams are happy enough, they would both love nothin more than to send each other outa the cup...........Roll on feb 5!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Jug2004, just to note that my initial replay was to Tippmans comment suggesting that Clonmel Town have bigger priorities than the Oscar Traynor and that these players should be excused. There is no bigger priority than the league or any of the cups so in face I was saying should all players not be excused from the Oscar Traynor !!! I don’t deny the fact that the players are ill-treated, as I have mentioned I’m not familiar with the ill-treatment of players by the hierarchy within the TSDL. And also Peake Villa were down to play on the Saturday night before the OT game, and this was then put back to the Sunday morning, and was then infact cancelled. I totally agree with you on these matters that the top level of the TSDL are in fact there own worst enemy, again this can been seen yesterday when Town played Glengoole in the Tipp Cup at 11.00am in Fairyhouse and the OT were playing in the afternoon in Borris. So quitting while I'm ahead really doesn't come into it !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    great to see old bridge flying the flag along with town for the TSDL,hats off they are a good cup side. They always seem to produce it on the day at the moment,Passage and now kevins boys sent packing,pity about the draw but i'd say both teams are happy enough, they would both love nothin more than to send each other outa the cup...........Roll on feb 5!!!
    Of Course ithey would both love nothin more than to send each other outa the cup, but it would of been nice to see the teams apart and both TSDL side progress a little further....But such is the joys of Cup Football !!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast