Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: limerick 2000?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

limerick 2000?

amm are "the limerick" pusing this? all our posters are mentioning it and ppl and media are asking for flyers and news

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    amm are "the limerick" pusing this? all our posters are mentioning it and ppl and media are asking for flyers and news
    Have the club come onboard to help with it? I hope so. Many hands and all that.

I'm dragging a few up with me on Friday night but, while I hope I'm wrong, I think that 2000 is hoping for more than is realistic. If we managed 1500 it would be a great achievement all round I think and if the crowd are suitably noisy and partisan then it might go some way towards influencing a game that realistically could make or break our season. Fingers crossed...
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid
    Have the club come onboard to help with it? I hope so. Many hands and all that.

I'm dragging a few up with me on Friday night but, while I hope I'm wrong, I think that 2000 is hoping for more than is realistic.
    According to todays leader Mr. Drew has given his full backing

Anyway SLK did you not learn your lesson after dragging the last misfortune to the Galway game

Seriously lads lets all try drag as many people as possible up and be really nasty, horrible, partisan fans for 90 minutes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    be really nasty, horrible, partisan fans for 90 minutes
    Thats going to be really hard against Queenstown.

Maybe we could even get Jimmy O'Neill to ref it. To really get the blood boiling.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    Anyway SLK did you not learn your lesson after dragging the last misfortune to the Galway game
    Believe it or not said misfortune is making noises about coming back to Limerick this weekend and taking in the game?

Most of the others that I'm luring up with promises of passing football and free cake have been up there at least once before (one of them at the Derek Mccarthy Memorial Game) so hopefully they, and everybody else, will get involved and make it a great night.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    There was something in one of the national tabloids about it today anyway, the Mirror or the Sun anyway. Other than that I've not seen much in the way of pushing this Limerick2000, but again its down to the current crop of fans to push this as people who normally won't go near Hogan Park to watch longball, sorry football, won't be swayed by a poster saying pretty please, won't you come watch Limerick.

On a personal note I'm finding it hard to persuade people to go, I've had one yes, two maybes and five not on your lives, and to be honest with you I only have two more friends to ask so I'm running on empty here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    We sent out press releases to thePost, the Leader and 95fm. Also circulated txt msg's and of course the site.I don't know how The Sun got hold of it today but alas the supporters club were given the credit there!
    We're limited on exactly what we can do because there are only two of us and we both couldn't make the Galway match where we had intended to hand out flyers and posters. (I can e-mail these to you ASAP if its not 2late)
    However the best way of getting this out there is word of mouth. If those who grace Hogan Park or even those who follow any form of football in Limerick city spread the word then hopefully we'll be laughin'.
    Everyone has to push this. If it doesn't pay off then at least it won't fall a million miles short and not from a lack of effort either. I'm glad to hear (from the post above) that Drew says he's backing this. Hopefully on the day the club will show this, it would be huge to see a packed crowd of Blue in Hogan park making lots of noise. If we get a result it will be all the sweeter.
    Roll on friday, c'mon you blues...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    looks like the weather will play its part again....
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Foot.ie! fair play

Quote Originally Posted by thelimerick
    We sent out press releases to thePost, the Leader and 95fm. Also circulated txt msg's and of course the site.I don't know how The Sun got hold of it today but alas the supporters club were given the credit there!
    We're limited on exactly what we can do because there are only two of us and we both couldn't make the Galway match where we had intended to hand out flyers and posters. (I can e-mail these to you ASAP if its not 2late)
    However the best way of getting this out there is word of mouth. If those who grace Hogan Park or even those who follow any form of football in Limerick city spread the word then hopefully we'll be laughin'.
    Everyone has to push this. If it doesn't pay off then at least it won't fall a million miles short and not from a lack of effort either. I'm glad to hear (from the post above) that Drew says he's backing this. Hopefully on the day the club will show this, it would be huge to see a packed crowd of Blue in Hogan park making lots of noise. If we get a result it will be all the sweeter.
    Roll on friday, c'mon you blues...
    well done on all you have done i didnt realize there was only two of you. For next season can i suggest ye become more envolved with the SC as your ideas are excellent, your website is supurb and there are only a few of us also. The national papers got hold of it and are crediting it to the SC cos they were tipped off by a local journalist, who only had a contact with the SC and didnt know how to get in touch with ye. keep pushing it amoung friends and so on, pity ye wernt at the galway game as that would have been a good time but lucky in that ye missed the match
    roll on friday. oh also we only have about 40 pin badges left so make sure to get anyone you bring new to take the oppertunity to buy one.
    Last edited by gael353; 22/09/2005 at 2:11 PM. Reason: missed something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hope ye have Dolores Abramavich invited.......She could be fan number 2000 entering the ground. Get her involved in a good local sporting cause and ye are made.......Looking forward to the game tonight. Should be a good one. Hope the weather holds out. Up the Rams........

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    AAAAh Delores
    Must rush and crack one off........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the Ed Myers programme this morning on 95fm, got a good ten minutes to plug the Limerick2000. Would like to take this opportunity to thank Ed Myers and 95fm for supporting the inniative so enthusiastically.
    Roll on 7:30, should be a great night!.