Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Games weekend 20th September to 23rd September

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    No winners here, just two idiots. Byrne is a bigger fool for rising to it, although I'd forgotten how awful that Derry "bench" was.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Are we really saying it's acceptable to spit at someone because they squirted someone with a bit of lucozade? Jesus wept.
    Should’ve got a slap. He was probably being slagged off over his gangster pals and reacted stupidly. I ****ing hate spitting but throwing your drink over someone is not acceptable either.
    I’m not really onside with a subs bench, particularly the away one being right in the home stand? Asking for an incident.
    Jackie boy needs a hefty fine or a couple of game days holiday to professionalise his attitude really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    577 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Squirting your bottled drink riddled your saliva at someone is no different that projecting saliva out of your mouth at someone. Two different deliveries of the same act one is no worse than the other

What is far worse in this scenario is the individual who initiates the first act, that was Byrne and it's completely fair game the response he received, he is lucky he didn't get the head boxed off him some other people in the stand would definitely have reacted in that way
    I think a lot of people need therapy if that's how they'd react

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    I’d agree that the isolated act of spitting on someone is far worse than the isolated act of spraying a drink at someone. If you instigated the whole thing by spraying your drink on someone however, you haven’t got a leg to stand on
    Paaatrick's Agletic

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    577 Posts
    I's assumed yer man he sprayed it at was being less than polite, and I'd consider that the instigator, but maybe Jack was out there just looking to start rows

I still think spitting is a ridiculous reaction in pretty much any circumstance, but I am worried to learn others don't feel that way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Squirting your bottled drink riddled your saliva at someone is no different that projecting saliva out of your mouth at someone. Two different deliveries of the same act one is no worse than the other

What is far worse in this scenario is the individual who initiates the first act, that was Byrne and it's completely fair game the response he received, he is lucky he didn't get the head boxed off him some other people in the stand would definitely have reacted in that way
    Utterly ridiculous. The stewarding was ridiculous and spitting is a disgusting thing and any sensible person knows it. I don't care who Jack's friends or otherwise are , anyone who condones spitting is not worth arguing with
    Last edited by sbgawa; 24/09/2024 at 9:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post

It's in stark contrast to Kerry who get a huge free pass. They've won about 10 out of 80 games, none of which on grass. They've the division's top scorer, have a player's house this year and have signed some strong players from last year's First Division (Kavanagh, Spain, Dolia, Tuta). While Kerry have improved on last year, Treaty had been to two playoffs and an FAI Cup Semi-Final in the same time frame on smaller money.
    Kerry are clearly improving whereas Treaty look to be going the wrong way on the field under Tommy.

After the first half debacle against Bray I didn’t expect that trick to be repeated in the cup against Wexford.

Fair enough you’re struggling to hold on to players, it can be a vicious circle when you’re struggling, any player who stands out will likely leave to better offers but Treaty should be able to attract other players.
    Enda Curran isn’t being paid in Monopoly money.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    The battle of the two teams who tend to play most of the game without the ball wasn’t pretty last night.
    We were probably slightly better but didn’t create any meaningful chances.
    It also felt like both sides were probably happy to avoid defeat, though we now need to go down to Waterford and win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    577 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Kerry are clearly improving whereas Treaty look to be going the wrong way on the field under Tommy.

After the first half debacle against Bray I didn’t expect that trick to be repeated in the cup against Wexford.

Fair enough you’re struggling to hold on to players, it can be a vicious circle when you’re struggling, any player who stands out will likely leave to better offers but Treaty should be able to attract other players.
    I'm fairly sure Enda has said himself that his body isn't up to being a pro footballer and has had constant injury niggles so just settled on playing somewhere he felt comfortable, he's 32 and not really looking for big moves, I doubt he's at Treaty for the money, more likely he likes Tommy and it just suits him. Even if they are giving him a big wedge, there's not much going for anyone else!

There's probably more competition for players in Munster/South West than there ever has been and with a relatively small fanbase and club still just finding its feet, there is a pretty hard ceiling on what anyone can do with Treaty until the club itself grows I'd imagine. They had some ridiculous overperformances in early seasons but that isn't sustainable without real investment. Someone like Jack Brady is a tremendous first division keeper, and they lost him to Longford, before going to Galway. If they're losing players to the worst performing Longford team in about 20 years, they're probably struggling in the recruitment department

Given they hammered a strong junior side from the county in the cup, I'm not sure there's much to pick up locally that isn't already known.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 24/09/2024 at 11:23 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post

It's pretty easy to improve on getting ten points on your first season when you've increased your budget and have a year's experience under the belt.

We had one of the best defensive records in the division but that took a bit when we had a bad three game spell or so across both games with Wexford and Bray in between. It was a rough spell but the players, who aren't up to scratch, are as much to blame as anyone.

We have continously resorted to the scraps of others and it has worked most of the time but hasn't this year. You can only catch lightning in a bottle so many times. We have lost plenty of players to the Premier Division too or ones that aren't far off it.

Enda Curran hasn't had a great year and his body isn't able to commit to much. A lack of goals is what has left us done with him being a year older, Yoyo Mahdy not being up to scratch and the loss of Success Edogun and Dean George.

Not saying Tommy doesn't deserve any criticism at all, but he's put together the best squad he can on a small budget and many of whom are not good enough. Maybe that's his fault, but I'd argue there aren't many alternative boys ready to commit on small money. How anyone can think Tommy is the problem boggles my mind.

Plans seem to ready to kick on next year and we could be in for a good 2025 please God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Should’ve got a slap. He was probably being slagged off over his gangster pals and reacted stupidly. I ****ing hate spitting but throwing your drink over someone is not acceptable either.
    I’m not really onside with a subs bench, particularly the away one being right in the home stand? Asking for an incident.
    Jackie boy needs a hefty fine or a couple of game days holiday to professionalise his attitude really.
    Just on watergate here, if someone squirts a bit of water, or lucozade, in your general direction, it absolutely gives you zero justification for going up to them and spitting at their face.

Byrne shouldn't really have risen to them, but spitting at someone is proper scumbag behaviour.

The biggest issue here is the complete lack of effective stewarding, and the away bench being so accessible to home supporters.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

13. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    My biggest takeaway here is that Mogwai aren't big in Sligo.
    I just bought my tickets for Brixton Academy in Feb 2025!

15. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567