Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Games weekend 20th September to 23rd September

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Referee decisions (bad ones) do effect the outcome of most games, is last nights one more important because Shamrock R lost out, how about the handball in Waterford not given (Dundalk must have felt badly done by) and the dodgy decisions that didn't go Sligo's way in the game v Shamrock R both last week. The later game was also live on rte. These bad decisions also have consequences for non-Dublin clubs.

The rte 'football correspondent' dismissed the claim by Ruairi Higgins of bias in their reporting by the Dublin media as an attempt by him to build a siege mentality within his squad, rather than address his point/allegation. However it was good to see a analyst from Donegal on the rte panel last night instead of the two blokes from Dublin as was the case last week for another game from the Brandywell. Diversity of opinion is always a good idea I think.
    I hate this "identity politics" idea of diversity. As if the county a pundit is from should make any difference to their analysis of a game. If a pundit from Donegal does start going on about Dublin bias in a game, then I won't nod at this sage piece of Donegal-specific advice; I'll just think he's a fool. Too often now we think we must accept someone's view because of who they are, not because of what they're saying.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    And they wonder why people look on them as a septic shower who deserve all the compassion of a pus-filled boil
    Hahahah... Jesus Christ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    Ye’,I remember a lot,of talk about how good he was with players and better than Bradser , no one netter etc, “Skip”

try,a few men who saved football podcasts at the,time.
    Thn Men who saved football pod? a few lads football opinions albeit lads who believe their beliefs are canon. They would also hae preferred 1st Division football forever rather than have american owners of any sort no matter how good they were as owners. Putin would probably top their wishist of people they'd dream of having on. Its a sounding board for a few individuals but not whole lot to back up their claims -S'OD is proof positive of that currently.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I hate this "identity politics" idea of diversity. As if the county a pundit is from should make any difference to their analysis of a game. If a pundit from Donegal does start going on about Dublin bias in a game, then I won't nod at this sage piece of Donegal-specific advice; I'll just think he's a fool. Too often now we think we must accept someone's view because of who they are, not because of what they're saying.
    Just to say - I'm Im in total agreement with you.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Its not aimed at Sligo or any club, the logic is a person will eventually die (fact) and a club will live on (hopefully).

300 or 400 was it who travelled over, maybe not all tramps?
    Since when did football banners become so criptic. If it's not aimed at the Showgrounds crowd we'll see it used a lot more this season so! Sligo Rovers thought it bizzare and funny, and if there was any sympathy toward Dundalk before, well its well gone when a banner like that goes up. It reminds me of when Dundalk had the buckets out in 2013, they were in the Showgrounds collecting. I threw in a few coins meself, so did my mates. The only thing you'll collect now from Rovers fans is weird looks.

Anyways all the Dundalk stuff just a minor side show on the night. Great game and result for us in loads of ways. A massive total for fundraising efforts. Keeps us in a chance for Europe. 7th win in a row at home. Something to play for in the run is always nice.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345