Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games weekend 20th September to 23rd September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    A dodgy peno last week and an even dodgier peno this week. The officials are a malignancy on the league
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Utter Cnut of a ref and Lino….
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    That gob****e ref just handed the league to Derry. Shels falling apart and have to go to tallaght and Derry. Typical that a ref decides this league.
    Ouch!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Was it a penalty? No. Do I care? Also no. Conan Byrne couldn't be clutching those pearls any harder on TV, good lord.
    Not too sure now.

At the time, I thought it was a penalty, as did everyone around me. I couldn't blame McGraith for anything, and Bradley's comments are certainly unwise.
    Fats had made the decision that he was going down. Most of the time you'll get contact, but not in this case. He was clipped after he was going down, but that's a VAR foul if we're being very, very generous.
    I'm not comfortable with that sort of behaviour at all.
    Being due a penalty for handball shortly before doesn't make it even.

Otherwise, it was frustrating to concede after our good start, but we can't be giving space to opposition as we did.
    Rovers were comfortable after their goal, and we didn't have much of an answer until into the second half. They were a wee bit sloppy in the second half, passes astray and the like. Just a bit off their best. Story of the season?

League-wise, back to being in our hands, but Rovers still have the capacity to win it. Coin toss at this stage.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Not too sure now.

At the time, I thought it was a penalty, as did everyone around me. I couldn't blame McGraith for anything, and Bradley's comments are certainly unwise.
    Fats had made the decision that he was going down. Most of the time you'll get contact, but not in this case. He was clipped after he was going down, but that's a VAR foul if we're being very, very generous.

Otherwise, it was frustrating to concede after our good start, but we can't be giving space to opposition as we did.
    Rovers were comfortable after their goal, and we didn't have much of an answer until into the second half. They were a wee bit sloppy in the second half, passes astray and the like. Just a bit off their best. Story of the season?

League-wise, back to being in our hands, but Rovers still have the capacity to win it. Coin toss at this stage.
    if we had of won I think we d have an outside chance but 3 Dublin derbies coming up, hard to see it now. Psychologically a win tonight would have been huge. Ye have the best run in and have a great chance but really think if Shels don’t win it’s a serious bottle job from where they were.

could be title and relegation all down to two head to heads, do RTE do red button/!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Yeah Pats were battering Waterford for the first 30 mins or so, they struggled to get out of their own defensive third and the keeper produced some heroics. Waterford then had the better of the play for the last 15 mins of the first half but with their pressure in Pats final third they were too open at the back and susceptible to counter attacks and the pace Pats have on the wings killed them in that respect with the first two goals coming against the run of play during those 15 mins. Anang had a very good game and had to earn his clean sheet, Waterford unlucky not to have scored tonight. I thought Brandon Kavanagh was an absolute joy to watch tonight.
    Agree about Brandon Kavanagh, thought he was excellent. Everyone played well though, and even when we were under pressure we didn’t cough up any real gilt edged chances. I’ll admit I wasn’t too sure about taking off the two wide players for an extra centre back, I thought we should have left one on to carry a threat. However, the switch worked. That’s why Stephen Kenny is manager and I’m not
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Rovers will rue that woeful start to the season as on the evidence of our last three games, which were at home to Derry, Rovers and Shels, Rovers are head and shoulders above the other 2.
    Great support for Shels tonight in EDP, and plenty vocal as well compared to the other 2 (though in fairness, Rovers was a Monday game). That win tonight also means we are guaranteed to stay up, so that’s job done with 6 games to spare

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    We've avoided automatic relegation but a point on Monday away to Drogheda Utd will guarantee safety!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Not too sure now.

It wouldn't have been even since the handball wasn't a peno either: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...04922460498133

Connolly's header is the marginal one for me since he looked potentially onside.

The thing about being uncomfortable with it is, in my view, we're mostly uncomfortable with how bad a dive it is (if McEleney throws his leg out and makes a bit more of a foul of it, we could turn a blind eye). Alas that dive was insanely wile.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123