Longford Town: 9/4
    Draw: 9/4
    Cork City: Evens

Referee:
    I. Stokes (Dublin)

Top scorers:
    Dave Mooney - 5 (4 with Shamrock Rovers) John O’Flynn - 8

Team news:
    Stephen Paisley is a doubt with a groin injury, so could be replaced by Danny O’Connor, who returns after serving a ban. Team news will be confirmed by Saturday evening.

Recent form:
    Longford Town
    Sept 9, 2005: Derry City 3-1 Longford Town
    Sept 2, 2005: Longford Town 3-0 Waterford Utd
    Aug 30, 2005: UCD 2-1 Longford Town

Cork City
    Sept 15, 2005: Slavia Prague 2-0 Cork City
    Sept 9, 2005: Cork City 3-0 Bray Wanderers
    Sept 3, 2005: Finn Harps 2-3 Cork City

Previous meetings:
    Jul 5, 2005: Cork City 0-1 Longford Town
    Jun 24, 2005: Cork City 0-0 Longford Town
    Mar 31, 2005: Longford Town 0-1 Cork City
    Oct 19, 2004: Longford Town 1-2 Cork City
    Oct 11, 2004: Cork City 2-0 Longford Town
    May 21, 2004: Cork City 1-0 Longford Town

eleven-a-side.com verdict:
    Longford to dent Cork’s title aspirations. 1-1
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Not to optimistic about it.We havnt bet cork in the league in a long time.

Digger
    Dan Barry Dillo Prunty
    Martin Cawley Davy Baker
    Keego Mooney
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Not to optimistic about it.We havnt bet cork in the league in a long time.

Digger
    Dan Barry Dillo Prunty
    Martin Cawley Davy Baker
    Keego Mooney
    No not to confident about it either I'd say 0-2 or 1-2
    Hopefully I'm wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Ohh ye of little faith!!! Maz, I'm surprized at ya.....
    It would be great the do them over and listen to them rant and rave about us not playing good football ect.... Whingin git's!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daithi
    Ohh ye of little faith!!! Maz, I'm surprized at ya.....
    It would be great the do them over and listen to them rant and rave about us not playing good football ect.... Whingin git's!!
    Oh don't get me wrong, I would love that to happen, I just cant see it happening!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    0-0, good second half with the game their for the winning for both sides so i was a bit disapointed we didn't collect all 3 points but a draw was a fair result.For a team that are top of the league they didn't bring as many fans as i thought they would and it's now over 300 minutes since they've scored against us so that's a plus.
    Dessie played well as did the back 4 and Shay.I suppose no one had a bad game but Kirbs wasn't at his best.IMO Alan should have brought on Mooney for Keego with 20 mins left to try and get the win as Keego looked fcuked and Mooney isn't afraid to take people on.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    Mooney for Keego with 20 mins left to try and get the win as Keego looked fcuked and Mooney isn't afraid to take people on.
    You’re right; the fresh legs were needed in the last twenty. Not one of longfords players even looked like they were confident enough to score and maybe he was the man for the job. It looks worrying, who is capable of scoring, the strikers?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thought longford were doing well in the middle of the second half, but then seemed to settle for a point before the end when they could have pushed on and gone for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    Thought longford were doing well in the middle of the second half, but then seemed to settle for a point before the end when they could have pushed on and gone for it.
    I think we did settle for a point because at one stage i looked down at the Dugout and Alan was indicating with his hand to Shay Kelly to relax and take his time where he should have been telling him to get another attack going.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think we did settle for a point because at one stage i looked down at the Dugout and Alan was indicating with his hand to Shay Kelly to relax and take his time where he should have been telling him to get another attack going.
    Yeah, and forgive me for bringing it up again , but this is really the only argument I have with LTFC- IMO, if Matthews had allowed it, ye could have won the game, but he's just too negative. For all the times I've been accused of hating Longford or slagging them off- its not that, I just hate Mathhews attitude, and that was a perfect example of it. Ye deserve a better manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, and forgive me for bringing it up again , but this is really the only argument I have with LTFC- IMO, if Matthews had allowed it, ye could have won the game, but he's just too negative. For all the times I've been accused of hating Longford or slagging them off- its not that, I just hate Mathhews attitude, and that was a perfect example of it. Ye deserve a better manager.
    The thing with the Matthews issue is that this guy has won 3 trophies for the club and has established us as a premier division side.His longball tactics annoy the b0lox out of a lot of people but he has made us a good side and when we play we are as good as anyone (except we can't score).At the end of the day the decision lies with the chairman and he won't sack a successful manager no matter who else wants him out.Alan suits because he is part time and we suit him because we're part time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The thing with the Matthews issue is that this guy has won 3 trophies for the club and has established us as a premier division side.His longball tactics annoy the b0lox out of a lot of people but he has made us a good side and when we play we are as good as anyone (except we can't score).At the end of the day the decision lies with the chairman and he won't sack a successful manager no matter who else wants him out.Alan suits because he is part time and we suit him because we're part time.
    All valid reasons to keep him agreed. It wont attract to many through the turnstiles though?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats all fair enough but I for one don't consider this a succesful season. We have such great potential. We lost too many games because we sat back or hoofed the ball and generally played bad football against poor teams. I just feel frustrated to think that we could be ahead of Shels if we won those games that we lost because we just played crap football. Just think about it for a minute...da game against Linfield that knocked us out....The game against Carmarthen....league games like last away game to Bray for example. I really think don't think Alan is the man to get us back on track and hopefully win a league title or a cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I try not to get involved in the Matthews In Matthews out argument because as i have already posted he has brought incredible success to this club and has given us a great footing to move forward.I think we need an out & out 15 or 20 goal striker and then see how we get on and how we play then consider whether Alan is the man for the job or not.Too many people have knee-jerk reactions after bad results and need to let the dust settle instead of calling him and the players fcuking useless w4nkers.
    Although i believe that poor performances have kept people away this season i do think that summer soccer is our biggest downfall.People need to look at the bigger picture to realise that we are having a good season.We went out of the FAI cup to UCD after a replay who we should have hammered on the night never mind the argument about the fact that it was a poor refereeing decision that had us in the replay in the 1st place.
    We went out of the semi final of the league cup to Derry City in the Brandywell.No shame in that.
    We fcuked up big time in europe but it was a freak performance and a freak result.
    We are currently 4th in the table ahead on merit of Bohs,Drogs,Pats and Rvrs.
    All one can really hope for is some form of improvement each season which we have got.We won't win any trophies this season but if we finish 4th in the league it would be great.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I try not to get involved in the Matthews In Matthews out argument because as i have already posted he has brought incredible success to this club and has given us a great footing to move forward.I think we need an out & out 15 or 20 goal striker and then see how we get on and how we play then consider whether Alan is the man for the job or not.
    Myler?! I know I'd be delighted if we could sign him.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Put Myler six yards out in front of goals he'll bury it, put him 18-20 yards out and that's more of a problem. He's not got a lot of pace left. However, the service in to him is poor generally, our wingers dont get it in early enough most of the time. Kirbs in particular dwells on it too long sometimes, though he was releasing it earlier on Sunday and did well I felt. Mooney looks a good prospect plus Barret is almost back, we've missed him.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Myler?! I know I'd be delighted if we could sign him.
    Make us an offer.... If we signed Ruud he wouldn't hit a barn door once he pulled on the red and black.....

A successful season this year is going to be based on league performance. People can't judge that until the end of the season.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    [QUOTE=Longfordian]Put Myler six yards out in front of goals he'll bury it, put him 18-20 yards out and that's more of a problem. He's not got a lot of pace left.QUOTE]

We'll we'll gladly take him back if you're not going to play him
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The problem with Myler is that when the backs are to the wall he seems very lazy.There is no doubt about it he has great ability and if he has the ball at his feet he's class but over in Wales he just didn't want to know.I feel he still has something to offer but i don't make the decisions so that's that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Make us an offer.... If we signed Ruud he wouldn't hit a barn door once he pulled on the red and black.....

A successful season this year is going to be based on league performance. People can't judge that until the end of the season.
    have to agree with all of that. also a 15-20 goal striker costs MONEY any idea of how to pay him or a signing fee ??????
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast