Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vs Cork City

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Bray try to, Pats try to, Bohs definitely do, Drogs do (not always admittedly), Harps try to. What irritates me is the fact that LTFC are (by virtue of the excellent players they have) capable of playing a lot better than they do, but they just don't do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    Bray try to, Pats try to, Bohs definitely do, Drogs do (not always admittedly), Harps try to. What irritates me is the fact that LTFC are (by virtue of the excellent players they have) capable of playing a lot better than they do, but they just don't do it.
    Bull****!Didnt want to get dragged into another one of these pointless debates but i have to make a point.You and the other LTFC cork experts see Longford play 4 times a year.There have been plenty of times when we have played good football.2 seasons ago(remember when you werent giving out about our style of football)ye were beating us 2-0 everytime we met.Did it every cross your mind that we have learned our lesson and tightened up when playing ye.Ye are a tecniquely better team,9/10 if we try and compete with ye on the ground,ye'll win.A few weeks ago we went up to derry and tried to play it on the ground and we got whopped.Why is it that ye are so concerned about how we play against ye.Ye've got a huge game in 2 days,ye are challenging for the league and the cup but ye all seem abit to upset that we have found away to get points of ye.If we hoofed the ball for 90 mins in our games against ye but still lost 2 or 3 nil would ye still complain,somehow i doubht it!
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    while i see your point tallented, do you think that things would be better if you added a 15 - 20 goal a season striker ??
    Yeah, we should sign someone like Myler - you know that fella who used to play with Athlone...

We have the goalscorers, we create the chances, they can't hit a barn door in red and black. The only one who did was hated by the stand, and not rated by Matthews so at least they were in agreement for once....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Bull****!Didnt want to get dragged into another one of these pointless debates but i have to make a point.You and the other LTFC cork experts see Longford play 4 times a year.There have been plenty of times when we have played good football.2 seasons ago(remember when you werent giving out about our style of football)ye were beating us 2-0 everytime we met.Did it every cross your mind that we have learned our lesson and tightened up when playing ye.Ye are a tecniquely better team,9/10 if we try and compete with ye on the ground,ye'll win.A few weeks ago we went up to derry and tried to play it on the ground and we got whopped.Why is it that ye are so concerned about how we play against ye.Ye've got a huge game in 2 days,ye are challenging for the league and the cup but ye all seem abit to upset that we have found away to get points of ye.If we hoofed the ball for 90 mins in our games against ye but still lost 2 or 3 nil would ye still complain,somehow i doubht it!
    Don't bother, they don't do reason in Cork since they started genuinely challenging for the title.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    macy, myler is a top player but he has lost pace, keegan can out run him, ok he can score but only if he stands in the one position and doesn';t have to move,

the other striker you are on about, is that francis ??? if so how many has he scored since he went to kildare ??
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    macy, myler is a top player but he has lost pace, keegan can out run him, ok he can score but only if he stands in the one position and doesn';t have to move,
    Yeah, but that didn't stop him for drogs. Just something about us being destined never to have a decent goalscorer...

Yeah it was Francis I was on about, not really arsed if he did it or not in Kildare, he had a pretty good return for minutes played for us. Just a pity he never got a significant run in the team. One of Matthews few mistakes imo (others keeping Lavine for so long, the Liam Kelly loan signing and now Shay Kelly's signing)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    [QUOTE=max power]macy, myler is a top player but he has lost paceQUOTE]

Did he ever have any

Myler very rarely needed to use his 'pace' for us
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Cosmo]
    macy, myler is a top player but he has lost paceQUOTE]

Did he ever have any

Myler very rarely needed to use his 'pace' for us

It's not just his pace,his work rate wouldn't be up to scratch either and his whole attitude seems to be a lazy one.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I presume Max if these surprising signings you mention are to happen, there has to be a serious clean out of existing strikers as the finances of the club are fairly stretched from what I can gather. What players are for the high road? Dessie Baker and Andy Myler would top my list. What is the story with Shane Barrett?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tallented my friend ive been there done that worn the t-shirt.But It seems if you dont agree with these bunch of unknowledgable and ambitionless god$hites you are wasting your time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sonic, what do we do as a club to get to the stage where we can challenge for a league title? Do we have the players at the moment? If we don't have the players who should we sign? If we do have the players whats the problem? Do we have to go full time to seriously threaten for a title?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    They certainly have tried to play football against us more than a lot of other teams. I never said that they were any good, just that they tried

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I never said that they were any good, just that they tried
    So basically your saying that Bray are a sh!t team who at least try to play football and Longford are a sh!t team who couldn't even be arsed trying!

What was it that a certain manager said about Alan Matthews last week.... that's right, I believed he described him as a "mediocre man" and said that there were many mediocre clubs in this league.... I wonder who he could be talking about!!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wish you were a town fan you might talk sum sense into these losers!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    They certainly have tried to play football against us more than a lot of other teams. I never said that they were any good, just that they tried
    And have they got results against ye??I can see why it would be better to beat a team who TRY to play it on the ground then draw with a team who dont!
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Dont read into it too much cop on,just another one of my daily attmepts to keep the egotistic,"i know more about your club then you do" corkians away from our lovely forum!!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And have they got results against ye??I can see why it would be better to beat a team who TRY to play it on the ground then draw with a team who dont!
    Thats also true. I fully accept that teams find it more effective to play the way ye have against us and thus increase the chances of getting a result. Thats fair enough, its up to us, as the "better" team to get over it and win the game. I haven never disputed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    Not entirely true Bosco. We played some great football against the chokers in the flansiro, apart from giving the ball away very cheaply a couple of times in the middle of the park. We should've scored that night & had we a player with drive and confidence, we would definitley have scored. Kirbs should've taken a few more 'pops' when coming in from the right. Maybe confidence wasn't 100% or something.
    You did. In patches. And the point I have repeatedly made is that you should try this approach more often:
    What irritates me is the fact that LTFC are (by virtue of the excellent players they have) capable of playing a lot better than they do, but they just don't do it.
    Your players ARE capable of playing good football, they should do it more often- the results might surprise you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Your players ARE capable of playing good football, they should do it more often- the results might surprise you!
    Totally agree with you but we dont need you or any other cork fans telling us about OUR team every time they see a Longford avatar

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Totally agree with you but we dont need you or any other cork fans telling us about OUR team every time they see a Longford avatar
    I don't! There was a thread on the game here which was when I made my contribution. That was all.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thats one MASSIVE chip on your shoulder Cop On. I made a point about your team's style of play about 3 pages ago in this thread, but your pathetic inability to accept any comment (let alone criticism) is just laughable. Get over yourself, your posts are a joke.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast