Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vs Cork City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    have to agree with all of that. also a 15-20 goal striker costs MONEY any idea of how to pay him or a signing fee ??????

We have to try across the water for one it seems the only answer.Also if we really want to be successful we will need a good striker so the money needs to be got somewhere.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Why is the grass so long at Flancare? Seemed unduely garssy on Sunday & made passing on the ground slower.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    We have to try across the water for one it seems the only answer.Also if we really want to be successful we will need a good striker so the money needs to be got somewhere.
    One major disadvantage is that we're not full time so players in England are less wiling to come. In some cases, Alan Mathews apparently tried to bring in some young lads on loan but the players' clubs wouldnt loan them to us as they wanted them to be training full time
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Why is the grass so long at Flancare? Seemed unduely garssy on Sunday & made passing on the ground slower.

passing? At Flancare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    passing? At Flancare?

You'd be surprised
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    there are signings on the way, that much i know.....people (including alan ) are working hard behind the scenes to secure players for next season.......
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    No doubt he is after a few more defenders. Because thats the only tactic he knows. He is a joke, its terrible to watch and this is reflected in the crowds. People are losing patience

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallanted
    No doubt he is after a few more defenders. Because thats the only tactic he knows. He is a joke, its terrible to watch and this is reflected in the crowds. People are losing patience
    Afraid I have to agree. The same old defending tactics just isn't good enough. We need strikers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Alan is looking to sign players for next year does it mean a major cleanout of the existing squad is on the way? With attendances as they are it would appear that the existing wage bill will have to be reduced not increased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    We need a manager who knows how to play football. Grill me for saying it if you like but I know I am not alone on this
    If god wanted us to play football in the clouds he would have put grass up there!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    listen you have an agenda, even talking to you in person its the same. you just dont like alan, and no neither of he players i am on about are defenders.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We need a manager who knows how to play football. Grill me for saying it if you like but I know I am not alone on this
    no your not, you and your little group just sit there at games commenting on every little thing he does and just complain even when we win.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    your right i don't like alan but thats not the point. if we do well i will say it but were not and that isnt just a fans point of view either. there is more to it than meets the eye. I don't have a little group either were not in school now were we seperate into groups and give ourselves groupie names! ou can't say anything at town games anymore without been ridiculed by some idiot like you who is offended by every little thing. i don't agree with abusing players but if they aren't playing well then they have to be able to take some criticism. they are playing the wrong sport otherwise
    If god wanted us to play football in the clouds he would have put grass up there!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    your right i don't like alan but thats not the point. if we do well i will say it but were not and that isnt just a fans point of view either. there is more to it than meets the eye. I don't have a little group either were not in school now were we seperate into groups and give ourselves groupie names! ou can't say anything at town games anymore without been ridiculed by some idiot like you who is offended by every little thing. i don't agree with abusing players but if they aren't playing well then they have to be able to take some criticism. they are playing the wrong sport otherwise
    you are not well
    you have not got a clue
    you are in need of help
    you do not watch football
    you do not understand football
    you should go back to school
    ypu are a F**L

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    see ther you go thats the problem with town fans narrow minded and no ambition. Bandwagon jumper?? 17 years goin to watch it now not goin to jack it in now, i,ve been there true thick and thin. Back in the day when you could voice an opinion without people getting on your back. when you don't take someones opinion well you resort to calling them bandwagon jumpers. its the real fans who are getting driven away and the players that made this club that are gettin treated like s**t. fans like me??
    don't make me laugh, i was in abbeycarton when we were nobodies and i will be in flancare if the goin gets tough so don't say im a fair weather fan or a bandwagon jumper. im a town fan true and true and if you knew what i knew you wouldn't be happy either.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    Not doing well ?? You are some bellend. Bandwagon jumping, whiny, moany, spoiled child. If you don't like it, just don't watch it. Don't go. Plain and simple. Why don't you just follow Chelski or Boca Juniors or something? Its 'fans' like you we can do without - you will jump ship when the goin' really does get tough. And then you'll go back to supporting some bull**** team playing in a different league miles away.

Fairweather gob$hite.
    Not allowed have his own opinion, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    no apparently not on longford forums, if they don't like your opinion you get called a fairweather fan or a bandwagon jumper. what makes me laugh is its usually a bandwagon jumper who throws these petty insults. all i'm gonna say is you know my opinion (thought thats what the forum was for?) and i'm gonna leave it at that otherwise it will turn into a slaggin match which is off the point

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ok lets keep it on track then, where do you feel we should go for players, englend etc, how do we bring in the extra revenue to pay these players and who do we bring it instead of alan then ????

and 20 yrs following the club, so we are in the same boat no matter what you may think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    The standard of football is better of course because we have better players. we have the best squad we have ever had. we don't use the tactics to suit them. for god sake be honest we defend defend defend and hope we might nick a goal. good teams catch us out. it has been proven many times this season. particularly in recent weeks. both derry games, ucd caught us out aswell. we don't play attacking attractive football. it gets pointed out by other teams players,by other fans, by tv pundits and in the papers too. i can't see how people are happy to sit there watching us draw nil all or get beaten. we are only fourth because of our defensive play.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    while i see your point tallented, do you think that things would be better if you added a 15 - 20 goal a season striker ?? add our defence to a decent striker and you have a winning formula, there are a couple of signings being worked on at the mo and if one of them comes off you'll be rather suprised

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast