Finn Harps v Longford
    Kerry v Cork

Tuesday 17th

Wexford v Bray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    on any analysis of form 6 points from us is unlikely this weekend but if we got it the gap is 8 to Shels with 7 games to go.
    Theoretically its 5 with 6 to go i give us a win against them in Tallaght.
    Thats the frustrating thing this season any kind of run at any time would have us ahead but we have been simply abysmal in general with Europe hiding the cracks.
    Its alos possible we could be out of the running for Europe by Monday and i dont know which is more likely.

Dundalk showing up in Waterford is a positive i suppose given all that has happened and we could do with them getting something there on our behalf.

Big game on Tuesday for Bray and also a must win for Harps who are starting to show a little form at the right time

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    on any analysis of form 6 points from us is unlikely this weekend but if we got it the gap is 8 to Shels with 7 games to go.
    Theoretically its 5 with 6 to go i give us a win against them in Tallaght.
    Thats the frustrating thing this season any kind of run at any time would have us ahead but we have been simply abysmal in general with Europe hiding the cracks.
    Its alos possible we could be out of the running for Europe by Monday and i dont know which is more likely.

Dundalk showing up in Waterford is a positive i suppose given all that has happened and we could do with them getting something there on our behalf.

Big game on Tuesday for Bray and also a must win for Harps who are starting to show a little form at the right time
    If rovers win both games this weekend they’re further away from winning the league (8 points) than they would be from the european places (6 points from 4th, 7 from 3rd) if they were to lose both games. So suggesting the league would still be possible with 2 wins but Europe would be gone with 2 losses doesn’t make much sense
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,394 Posts
    I'd think Harps need 5 wins from 6 to have a chance of getting a playoff now. The form at the end of the summer, 6 defeats in a row just killed all the early season promise. Starting to hit form now, but it's an uphill task at this stage. Still have Wexford and Bray both to play though, so anything can happen yet.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    If rovers win both games this weekend they’re further away from winning the league (8 points) than they would be from the european places (6 points from 4th, 7 from 3rd) if they were to lose both games. So suggesting the league would still be possible with 2 wins but Europe would be gone with 2 losses doesn’t make much sense
    I cant argue with your Maths but momentum is a huge thing in Sport, two losses to two European rivals and the appaling form we are showing would give me no faith we could turn things around particularly with tough games coming up..
    Two wins on the other hand and confidence is coming back .
    Its probably academic as i suspect we will pick up 3 or maybe 4 points enough to keep the calls for change quiet but not enough to make me confident we will make Europe in the end.
    The surrender against Bohs and the body language of some of our players recently is difficult to understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    I thought John Kenny was a decent commentator, but tonight he insists on calling Pohls as "Pullace" or "Pulis". And now he's said Wexford running away with it against Tralee.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    I thought John Kenny was a decent commentator, but tonight he insists on calling Pohls as "Pullace" or "Pulis". And now he's said Wexford running away with it against Tralee.
    Called Jack Henry Frances - John on several occasions also called him Frances Henry a few times. Said Darragh Patton came on when it was Luke Pearce. Said Gareth McElroy was taking a corner on a couple of occasions when it was Simon Power, McElroy has never taken a corner for Sligo Rovers. Said McElroy was defending well on a few occasions when it was Ollie Denham.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I think he was doing that on purpose to appease Rovers after they were gracious enough to allow RTE back in at the first time of asking despite the club leading us all to believe they were making a proper stand on behalf of the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Routine sort of win for Shamrock Rovers tonight in Tallaght. It’s a pity as a neutral that Sligo couldn’t nick a goal during their spell before half time. The second half was a non event albeit with some nice passing from Shamrock Rovers. The crowd was patchy enough. I was in the West Stand but couldn’t have been more than 4-4.5k at the game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The crowd was patchy enough. I was in the West Stand but couldn’t have been more than 4-4.5k at the game.
    Fairly sure it came up on the tv coverage around 4500 all right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,394 Posts
    Harps might sneak a playoff place yet. Decent enough game in Finn Park tonight.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Anytime I hear him doing a LOI game he gets multiple players names wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I find Cunningham to be worse - makes stupid ‘jokes’ that he seems to think are hilarious in addition to being the king of the cliche - methinks he’s the spawn of Brian Kerr

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    You have done the same yourself in all fairness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Jack Byrne superb last night. Awful defending from us for the second and third goals with the second being a particular killer when we were on top. Ref brutal as usual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford got back on track after some poor recent results. Early goals from Bellis and Amond put us in control. Dundalk missed some good chances and were denied a penalty by referee Rob Hennessy when Horton's arm stopped a shot that looked on target from Kenny. Kenny and someone on Dundalk bench well both yellow carded for their complaints. Dundalk got one back with 15 minutes to go and put us under pressure late on with Mountney missing a great chance when he headed wide from a corner.
    Good effort from Dundalk as after the week they had they kept going to try get a point.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    I find Cunningham to be worse - makes stupid ‘jokes’ that he seems to think are hilarious in addition to being the king of the cliche - methinks he’s the spawn of Brian Kerr
    Aye, absolutely brutal. There was a Shels Derry game earlier in the season where Paddy Barrett got sent off and Cunningham was busy talking about his golf club membership or something bull**** and totally missed the red card, he had no idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    I did enjoy him giving out about taco and curry chips all the same

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Routine sort of win for Shamrock Rovers tonight in Tallaght. It’s a pity as a neutral that Sligo couldn’t nick a goal during their spell before half time. The second half was a non event albeit with some nice passing from Shamrock Rovers. The crowd was patchy enough. I was in the West Stand but couldn’t have been more than 4-4.5k at the game.
    Sligo nearly scored a sensational goal at 2-0, a volley over following a really slick team passing move from deep. Comfortable win in the end but the mistake at 1-0 and then the red card were critical. Sligo had a good spell in the first half. They impressed me despite the scoreline.

Kenny is frustratingly inconsisent. More to come from him I hope.

Byrne seems to be recovering form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Looked a very harsh penalty given from handball against rovers.

Will try to remember that one next time I'm feeling hard done by the referees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast