Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixtures weekend 6th September

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Treaty grab a draw at the death but concerning seeing Thomas Considine take a bad knock late on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    By the way, who are Kerry fooling with Conor McCarthy down as manager?

James Sugrue the only one standing up in the dug out tonight and most other nights while McCarthy twiddles his thumbs. Has to be a badges thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Very important win for us this evening,first away win since the 29th of March and keeps us within touching distance,need to win next week again to keep us in the mix aswell though….
    Combined with Bray losing to Longford, it is important. Wouldn't guarantee a win against Longford based on recent form, mind. Thought those five losses in a row would have ended any chances of the playoff, but now it's entirely possible.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    I'm going to post the same thing I posted here around April as a Shels fan I still do not know how we are top of the league but the difference is it's September now with 7 games to go so things are getting very positively real no matter how much Bohs were on the front foot against us tonight ending up in a fair draw

I'm trying to do some sense checking over Shels current goals per game per ratio of 1.10 and how sustainable it is to the end of the season to win a top flight national league, for perspective I can see that Galway United (1991/92) and Bray Wanderers (2002/03) finished bottom of the LOI Premier Division/relegated in those seasons with a higher goals per games average than Shels top of the league in 2024 with 7 games to go and a 4 point advantage. Dundalk (1994/95) have the lowest goalscoring average in two-division LOI history since 1985/86 scoring 1.24 goals per games to win the league that season

AC Milan (1993/94) might be the kings of winning a league with a low goalscoring statistics with 1.06 goals per game but that Serie A season was only 2 points per win making a significant difference in footballing approach prior to 3 points becoming accustom internationally
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Athlone 1-4 Harps

What on earth is going on in Athlone lately?
    They were awful. We were excellent though tbf. Best performance of the season by far. Need to keep it going next week. If we do we are back in with a chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    It's another point closer in fairness.

Well done Cork. I know there's been a lot of comment that they're nothing special (and the rest of the division is worse) but you can't argue with winning the title six games out. Four very tight games with them over the season and really should have gotten more than we did out of them (1 point? Maybe 2?) - but then that's the sign of a good team I guess; keep plodding away and grinding out the results
    How UCD lost that game tonight I don’t know. Could have been 2 up at HT. If UCD had a real finisher up top, they’d be a real threat in the playoffs to even the PD team that finishes 9th.

Cork a very ordinary side and will need to invest a bit in the off season to be competitive next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    As soon as SK took over I was convinced they'd get 4th and would win the league next year.
    Not so sure about the former (7 games left, 6 are against teams above them in the table and they have 3 Dublin derbies, all way from home) but 100 percent agree with you on the latter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    How UCD lost that game tonight I don’t know. Could have been 2 up at HT. If UCD had a real finisher up top, they’d be a real threat in the playoffs to even the PD team that finishes 9th.

Cork a very ordinary side and will need to invest a bit in the off season to be competitive next year.
    Do you go to UCD instead of Bohs Ger ?
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I went along as a neutral and it wasn’t quite that bad. The first half was pretty even but Mikey Raggett really should have scored.

UCD had the better of it in the second half but it really looked like a game that the first goal would be crucial. Had a great chance for an equaliser near the end from a header.

When we got promoted last season we actually added very few players to our team, I think on the opening day we only had 2 new signings, on tonight’s performance Cork would struggle without a few more. The amount of times they gave the ball away cheaply in midfield leading to a UCD attack was ridiculous.

Maguire’s best work came when he was dropping deep for the ball.

Another win for Wexford too who are flying, I’d expect them to deal with Treaty next week based on recent form.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Do you go to UCD instead of Bohs Ger ?
    Ah, I mix it up these days, now that I don’t live in Dublin anymore. Bring the kids to the Bowl for a little family football fix and keep Bohs for Daddy when he needs a night out and booze.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Ah, I mix it up these days, now that I don’t live in Dublin anymore. Bring the kids to the Bowl for a little family football fix and keep Bohs for Daddy when he needs a night out and booze.
    Right you are! Don’t let them near Dalymount till they’re about 35
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Another miserable effort from Tommys Treaty ,absolute awful stuff .Game saved by a Kerry outfit who played well , dominated the match but lacked a cutting edge and they went away wondering how they let the win behind them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12