Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Carr to Barcelona

Neil

Carr to Barcelona

There is transfer speculation involving a number of Republic of Ireland internationals today including Tottenham's Stephen Carr who has been linked with a move to Barcelona. Carr and team-mate Sol Campbell were guests of Barcelona yesterday in their 3-2 win over Valencia which secured a champions league spot for the Spanish club.

Goalkeeper Alan Kelly is in talks with Gordon Strachan over a possible move to Coventry City. Kelly, out of favour at Blackburn Rovers, is looking for first team football after being relegated to third choice keeper at Ewood Park.

Rory Delap has refuted suggestions he is set for a £5million move from Derby to Charlton. The 24-year-old has also been linked with Middlesbrough.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He's too good a player to be left languishing in the premiershi*. The sooner he goes to a top class league where he can learn from top players the better for him and for Ireland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

nice one Neil

there was I thinking you had decided to go to latvia and were hiring a car in Barcelona to drive across Europe

Seriously though i think it would be a good move for him and I could see him doing well over there. I'd say he has the perfect temperment for it
    life is random

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Love to see him go. Right now there's quite a few of our lads that could make the cut on the continent (although we said the same thing about Robbie Keane, I suppose!) including Carr. Roy's career would be helped by toddling off to foreign shores I think as well. Duff and Kilbane would benefit from some continental teaching.

Although at the end of the day, what I'd really like to see is either of our first choice centre backs get out of the first division. Big difference for Breen and Cunningham in having Tommy Mooney running at them than Luis Figo...