Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game weekend 30th August - 1st September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The expectations are they we will definitely be in the race. It will all depend on the players that come in and those that depart. He is an exciting young talent but is Melia ready to lead the line of a title winning side is another thing that will only be revealed in time. This year is only groundwork for next season but if we could somehow get a European place from what at one point was a car crash of a season would be miracle work by Kenny.
    Will Melia be there next season? Surely grabbing the attention of some teams in Europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Will Melia be there next season? Surely grabbing the attention of some teams in Europe
    Afaik the UK is the preferred destination and that’s not on the cards until the end of September next season. I read that Man City wanted him to sign last year and to play in the Belgian second division. The family rejected that offer and decided the best place for his development was staying with us. He is only on the first year of a three year deal aswell.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The expectations are they we will definitely be in the race. It will all depend on the players that come in and those that depart. He is an exciting young talent but is Melia ready to lead the line of a title winning side is another thing that will only be revealed in time. This year is only groundwork for next season but if we could somehow get a European place from what at one point was a car crash of a season would be miracle work by Kenny.
    You do still have Aidan Keena and Zach Elbouzedi (since I've seen Melia played wide right as well) so Melias minutes can be managed next season. He's doesn't need to lead the line but if he's beating either of those lads for starting places he's doing exceptionally well and it doesn't mean he'll need to play every game as they are really good players at this level so you can rotate him in and out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    You do still have Aidan Keena and Zach Elbouzedi (since I've seen Melia played wide right as well) so Melias minutes can be managed next season. He's doesn't need to lead the line but if he's beating either of those lads for starting places he's doing exceptionally well and it doesn't mean he'll need to play every game as they are really good players at this level so you can rotate him in and out.
    It’s early days yet for Keena I know, but he’s been underwhelming so far. Maybe that’s down to lack of game time this season, but it would be a concern for me. I agree that we shouldn’t place too much burden on Mason Melia. Elbouzedi and Mulraney as two wide players is one genuine reason to be excited for the future. They look like they will cause teams a lot of problems. Mulraney is a different player since SK arrived, one of his main impacts n the team. Defensively we look better with Tom Grivosti back, and the midfield is coming along nicely. If we could keep Romal Palmer that would be a great signing. All in all, I’m definitely more than hopeful that we can be serious challengers next year. But then, I thought we’d mount a challenge this year, so what do I know ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    It’s early days yet for Keena I know, but he’s been underwhelming so far. Maybe that’s down to lack of game time this season, but it would be a concern for me. I agree that we shouldn’t place too much burden on Mason Melia. Elbouzedi and Mulraney as two wide players is one genuine reason to be excited for the future. They look like they will cause teams a lot of problems. Mulraney is a different player since SK arrived, one of his main impacts n the team. Defensively we look better with Tom Grivosti back, and the midfield is coming along nicely. If we could keep Romal Palmer that would be a great signing. All in all, I’m definitely more than hopeful that we can be serious challengers next year. But then, I thought we’d mount a challenge this year, so what do I know ?
    With Keena it could be a sharpness or confidence issue. Took Georgie and Afolabi a bit of time to get up to speed with Bohs but once they started scoring it kept going. No reason to believe yet that won't be the same for Keena. Having said that if your keen to bin him off I'm sure Bohs would happily take him even if he didn't get back to his sligo form he is still a good option in the league and would mean you can manage Melias minutes. Even if it's a case Melia being the starter more often than not. It's rare in this league to have a great striker and a good back up. Some teams don't even have a good striker after all.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Far too early to definitively judge Keena at Pats. Yesterday was only his 4th start. He did well against Sligo and yesterday in terms of hold up play and leading the line on his own, although he didn’t really have a clear cut ‘you should be scoring there son’ type chance in either of those games however but hopefully he’s provided with chances soon. He was poor in the Galway and Sabah games but looked tired to me in those which is likely down to the fact that he’s only coming off the back of pre-season and players generally take a run of games to get fully match fit and sharp. Nearly any other minutes he had were cameos off the bench although he did well in his Istanbul away cameo considering the opposition and created a great chance for Kavanagh at the end.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Meh, Mulraney hasn't actually improved that much. Zach has been unreal last few weeks, his efficiency and consistency is miles ahead of Mulraney. Keena was fantastic on his debut and great again last night, doing the hard yards and looking dangerous on his own up top. Ironically, Pats main problem is a **** week midfield and centre halves who've been much lauded but prone to mistakes...as happened again last night.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234