Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game weekend 30th August - 1st September

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    I would ****ing love it if the big lad kicks on from here, we need a finisher soooo badly.
    You miss my point regarding James akintunde though, I agree he’s out of position as a main striker, just that he gives it all when he’s on the pitch.
    Gaols are what we need and goals are what we got today. Just to beat that shower means a lot. I think Bohs would have won it without the sending off. We are on the same wavelength, supporting the same team wanting the same results.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Hardly a vintage performance from Bohs but a cracking goal to win it. Nervy at the end but I think that is because it's been so long since our last win and even longer since our last win where we were trailing! Hopefully now that Bohs have a settled back line a bit of defensive solidity will start to appear. We've had 7 or 8 different players play at CB, 4 at RB (2 of them are no longer at the club) and a few at lb as well. With that amount of chopping and changing the defensive struggles were inevitable. Up front I think Danny Grant is starting to rediscover his form from before he went to the UK. Rooney chips in with goals and assists (although I do think he's a bit limited from open play). Get a striker in and I think this team is well set up for next year. As for the end of the year if we can up the goal average closer to 2 a game there's no reason we can't go on a bit of a run.

Looking forward to the Pats and Drogs game now. The greedy fecker in me wants a nice 0-0 draw so Bohs add a bit of space between themselves and Drogs and pull Pats back towards us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Don't know about dominate Nigel. It was 50/50 before we scored. We dominated after mind you and started playing very well. First goal in particular was excellent. Hopefully it gives us the confidence to compete in the run in. Sadly we're off tho the graveyard of dreams that is Athlone next
    Think it was a very poor first half but only one side was ever going to win it.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Tough viewing in Bray Friday watching that shambles of an effort from Treaty.Now tbf Bray were at it from the start setting the tempo and ran out comfortable winners easing up considerably in the second half..Treaty setup poorly ,midfield missing in action all game ,team littered with poor errors ,organisation and any sign of a game plan.Under Barretts tenure in senior football down here these results are,not altogether a surprise,loads of big defeats ...8-0 Dundalk,7-0 Shelbourne.plenty of 5-0s ,to mention just a few of many that come to mind.To insult the fans intelligence after it by claiming the team actually ...performed well... whilst also claiming the team is...overachieving...beggars belief.Treatys squad which is very experienced in terms of this division deserves better than this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Badly needed win that. We played very well in spells of the game. It was a lovely goal by Melia that should do his confidence the world of good. In fairness Drogheda are a very solid team and one of the better ones that have been in the relegation battle in recent seasons.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Allegations of racial slurs from Pat's fans to Drogs James Taylor. Not the 1st time this season there's been racist abuse by the locals at Richmond Pk.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Not good to hear about the alleged racist abuse by Pats fans.

On the football matters, it seems clear now after Bohs win earlier in the day, and probably not a surprise to most, the relegation and play off spot will be contested from those of a Co Louth persuasion.

Huge game for Dundalk v Pats on Thurs, we probably didn't deserve to lose to Shels on Fri, but we did !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    What a pity the season isn’t starting now. SK has St Pats motoring very sweetly. It’s a big ask to make Europe from where we stand now but it looks like we can carry our European form into the league which means it’s not impossible.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    On the racism allegation, a lot of the fans who were in the area the Drogheda player pointed towards are adamant that there was nothing racist in the language thrown in his direction.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Allegations of racial slurs from Pat's fans to Drogs James Taylor. Not the 1st time this season there's been racist abuse by the locals at Richmond Pk.
    It’s alleged that there was a racial slur (singular) made by 1 person, not plural slurs by multiple fans as you’re suggesting.

No place for it in football or life in general and I’m sure the club will do all they can to deal with it, as they did in the incident when the 9 year old offender made a comment earlier in the year. It totally undermines the good community work that the club already does, particularly in terms of inclusivity such as participating in Africa day as well as using Richmond to host the local Multiculteral festival.
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 01/09/2024 at 10:11 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    On the match, it’s been a long enough since I’ve seen as brain dead a piece of defending as Luke Heeney deliberately handballing a goalbound header on the line inside the first 30 mins, if there were 5 mins to play with the scores level then fair enough, but he gave his side a mountain to climb.

They got back into it through the peno but Pats immediate answer to that killed any chance of building momentum and the early goal in the second half killed the game. Could say this about most games in the last couple of months but Mulraney and Elbouzedi were superb on the wings and Forrester was top class again
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 01/09/2024 at 10:09 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    I heard people in Richmond earlier confidently claiming that there was nothing in the accusation, which I'm not sure how you can do really. Sincerely hope that either James-Taylor misheard or in the case that someone is guilty of it that they're dealt with appropriately.

Weird game otherwise given the red card, just made things a bit of a formality outside of the extremely brief period where Drogs leveled things. Have watched them a few times recently and they've been very impressive in a way that belied their league position, so was a help that they made things easier for us today in a way that they haven't and presumably won't make it for the remainder of the season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I heard people in Richmond earlier confidently claiming that there was nothing in the accusation, which I'm not sure how you can do really. Sincerely hope that either James-Taylor misheard or in the case that someone is guilty of it that they're dealt with appropriately.

Weird game otherwise given the red card, just made things a bit of a formality outside of the extremely brief period where Drogs leveled things. Have watched them a few times recently and they've been very impressive in a way that belied their league position, so was a help that they made things easier for us today in a way that they haven't and presumably won't make it for the remainder of the season.
    Yeah I’m seeing a good few people on Twitter that were on that part of the camac say that he was called a ‘useless c***’. And these are the same people that helped identify the young kid that made the comment 6 months ago so it’s not a burying the head in the sand thing either. I’m not saying the player made up what he said either but it could be a case of mishearing something
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Just catching up on the weekends action but what is Heeney thinking doing that ? In the last 10 minutes of a game fair enough but a half hour is brain dead stuff…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Yeah I’m seeing a good few people on Twitter that were on that part of the camac say that he was called a ‘useless c***’. And these are the same people that helped identify the young kid that made the comment 6 months ago so it’s not a burying the head in the sand thing either. I’m not saying the player made up what he said either but it could be a case of mishearing something
    When such things happen it should be reported to the ref and then the authorities can do due diligence and get to the bottom of what happened. The trial by media approach isn’t right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Pat’s going to be serious title contenders next season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Well done to the rovers away crowd, minutes silence observed and you could hear a pin drop in the ground.
    Respect.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Looking at the other contenders and considering the manager you’d nearly make them favourites if they add well in the winter……
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    The expectations are they we will definitely be in the race. It will all depend on the players that come in and those that depart. He is an exciting young talent but is Melia ready to lead the line of a title winning side is another thing that will only be revealed in time. This year is only groundwork for next season but if we could somehow get a European place from what at one point was a car crash of a season would be miracle work by Kenny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast