Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 23rd ti 25th August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Adequate performance by Derry in the RSC tonight. Played some nice football at times, but allowed Waterford too much control at other times.

Howler from Jones for the goal. Hard to tell, but may was over the line.
    That's the best Waterford have played against us this year, but still four games without scoring.

Top of the league, and it in our hands, technically. I still think we'll be caught be Shamrock Rovers, mind!
    I think Derry will just about win it, fall over the line stuff, Shels do indeed look like a different team without Jarvis. It will also help Derry with Rovers in the group stage.

I can't say it will be a quality league winner to remember whoever wins it, but they won't care, most points wins the league, that said it will possibly be the 'lesser quality' league winners since 1995 when er.........................Dundalk won it !

We didn't have a single player in the team of the season, lost 8+ games, just put in a big run at the end, won 4 or 5 out last 6, Derry were probably the better side that season, but they messed up away to Athlone last day. Dundalk won it by 1 point.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    We watched different games mate.aki had a really good game, bringing his midfield in with good hold up and his link ups with Tierney in particular was excellent.
    Big fella did well when he came on , should have dropped James back and taken off Adam Mac who looked shot at the time.
    I'm not saying he played badly, hold up play and all that is good but it's goals we need. He had a great chance in the first half but turned the wrong way and took too many touches so the attack fizzled out and he pulled one wide that should have at least brought a save from the Shels keeper. While pischeck tested the keeper with a header and pushed their defenders harder. Last week the Kerry CF forced a mistake from choradska and scored Akintunde plays so deep other keepers are under no pressure when the ball is played back to them and kearns looked ropey with the ball at his feet. We need goals and Akintunde isn't scoring them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    I'm not saying he played badly, hold up play and all that is good but it's goals we need. He had a great chance in the first half but turned the wrong way and took too many touches so the attack fizzled out and he pulled one wide that should have at least brought a save from the Shels keeper. While pischeck tested the keeper with a header and pushed their defenders harder. Last week the Kerry CF forced a mistake from choradska and scored Akintunde plays so deep other keepers are under no pressure when the ball is played back to them and kearns looked ropey with the ball at his feet. We need goals and Akintunde isn't scoring them.
    All fair except we need his work rate in the team, and he and Rossi are building a great understanding.
    As I said I’d drop him a bit deeper and play the big fella up top but I don’t trust him, had a great opportunity to lob kearns from halfway and wasn’t even looking up was watching his own feet.
    The first chance that fell to aki as well was a pass from Danny that should have been Danny’s shot, he bottled it and played a pass to aki who had his back to goal with two cbs behind him.
    We lack the instant strike on goal, overplaying everything.
    Just ****in hit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    2 all draw between Kerry and Longford. Longford came back from a goal down in the first half. Kerry came back from a goal down in the second. That man Kelliher again with another goal. Kelliher could possibly be putting himself in the picture for a Premier Division move next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    2 all draw between Kerry and Longford. Longford came back from a goal down in the first half. Kerry came back from a goal down in the second. That man Kelliher again with another goal. Kelliher could possibly be putting himself in the picture for a Premier Division move next year.
    Top scorer across both divisions now.
    Entertaining enough second half, but you can see why both teams are where they are in the league.
    Longford lacked any sense of urgency towards the end, even though beating Kerry was their best chance of finishing above them. The BTS lads on commentary were exasperated by the whole thing (but did a good job given the medical incident at one point).
    Tough year to be a Longford fan.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Top scorer across both divisions now.
    Entertaining enough second half, but you can see why both teams are where they are in the league.
    Longford lacked any sense of urgency towards the end, even though beating Kerry was their best chance of finishing above them. The BTS lads on commentary were exasperated by the whole thing (but did a good job given the medical incident at one point).
    Tough year to be a Longford fan.
    Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Kelliher contracted to end of 2025 season. Not sure if a premier side could afford the €20m fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Was about to write that it's looking like a matter of time until Rovers go ahead and then Galway create a great chance down the other end. McCarthy could only hit it at Poels on his weaker foot.

Game opening up a little now which wouldn't suit Galway you'd imagine

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,350 Posts
    Galway take the lead, dumping Rovers into the bottom half.

Mad stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Rovers want to get their act together if they want Europe next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Am I being completely biased thinking that Poehls is a lucky boy for the ref taking the easy decision and giving Walsh a yellow card and a free out?

Walsh is obviously trying to slow the keeper up and bate him into doing something stupid but then to me he ridiculously takes the bate and barges into a player who had every right to stand there?

Probably Galway tinted glasses but I do hate the fact that in football it seems like the goalkeeper can't commit fouls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    Am I being completely biased thinking that Poehls is a lucky boy for the ref taking the easy decision and giving Walsh a yellow card and a free out?

Walsh is obviously trying to slow the keeper up and bate him into doing something stupid but then to me he ridiculously takes the bate and barges into a player who had every right to stand there?

Probably Galway tinted glasses but I do hate the fact that in football it seems like the goalkeeper can't commit fouls.
    Also thought the same, but there was probably a bit of messing from both of them. Pohls does barge him but Walsh had the look of a guy trying to milk it. Entertaining game. Lovely opening goal and we should have scored a minute or two earlier from a beautifully worked move up the field. It's not all agriculture from Galway, mostly but not always. Very well drilled and hard to score against. Rovers rescued some pride at the end but the title dream is probably over, as bad as Derry and Shels have been lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Not acceptable imo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Unlucky not to get the win after a great goal from Hickey (he has been a very good signing). A very competitive top division this year with the overall quality the best it has ever been in the LoI. Superb Galway move for the McCarthy chance also.

Agree Shamrock R goalkeeper very lucky not to have a penalty given against him. Unlikely to get away with that in Europe.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Unlucky not to get the win after a great goal from Hickey (he has been a very good signing). A very competitive top division this year with the overall quality the best it has ever been in the LoI. Superb Galway move for the McCarthy chance also.

Agree Shamrock R goalkeeper very lucky not to have a penalty given against him. Unlikely to get away with that in Europe.
    The polar opposite of what you stated there.
    The quality is fu$kin woeful this year.
    Rovers have no energy,no enthusiasm,no vigour to really grab this poor quality league by the scruff of the neck. Think derry look most likely to fall over the line now,and I for one wouldn't begrudge Higgins his 1st league - he appears to get little or no respect for his efforts imo.

As for the galway guy dropping like a stone when Pohls was trying to release the ball early, it was embarrassing and he's lucky he didn't get a proper belt for his antics.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rovers steward arrested after wading into the away end and punching the head off a young fan apparently. That’ll be kept quiet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Rovers steward arrested after wading into the away end and punching the head off a young fan apparently. That’ll be kept quiet.
    Find that hard to believe tbh. The rovers stewards mostly are paid security, they don't give a **** one way or the other about the result. Not saying it efinitly didn't happen as i dont know but it won't be kept quiet if it did

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    There's a video going around, it's not a good look for Rovers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    I don't get it why people are saying that the standard in the league is rubbish this year. I went to the UCD v Cork game in Belfield towards the end of last season, lovely autumn Sunday, Cork won. Did both those teams have better and fitter players and were better coached than say the Galway and Waterford teams of last year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,394 Posts
    If it's a good year for my team - Standard is excellent

If it's a bad year for my team - Worst league ever.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

21. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast