Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 23rd ti 25th August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Adequate performance by Derry in the RSC tonight. Played some nice football at times, but allowed Waterford too much control at other times.

Howler from Jones for the goal. Hard to tell, but may was over the line.
    That's the best Waterford have played against us this year, but still four games without scoring.

Top of the league, and it in our hands, technically. I still think we'll be caught be Shamrock Rovers, mind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Good point away to the league leaders (at the start of the night) but then Drogs win 7-0 to inch ever closer to us.

More bad keeping tonight across the league will keep that LOI Goalkeeping Howler thread ticking along nicely.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Adequate performance by Derry in the RSC tonight. Played some nice football at times, but allowed Waterford too much control at other times.

Howler from Jones for the goal. Hard to tell, but may was over the line.
    That's the best Waterford have played against us this year, but still four games without scoring.

Top of the league, and it in our hands, technically. I still think we'll be caught be Shamrock Rovers, mind!
    Piszechk worked shels harder I 15 mins the Akintunde did for 65mins. I think Bohs should start Piszechk more often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    When was the last time anyone put 7 past Sligo? I'm assuming Drogheda never have before. Crazy result.
    They conceded five in the Brandywell once, off the top of my head.
    Memorable as it was a cup semi-final replay played on Halloween night. Match kicked off at 9 o'clock because of the Halloween parade/fireworks in town beforehand. Few thousand fans in their costumes, fireworks and the rest.

According to StattoLoI, that equals Drogheda's highest ever scoreline.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    As bad a 45 as we’ve put in in a long time
    extend that out to 90!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Good point away to the league leaders (at the start of the night) but then Drogs win 7-0 to inch ever closer to us.

More bad keeping tonight across the league will keep that LOI Goalkeeping Howler thread ticking along nicely.
    talbot be back in for ye soon?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    I know one was against Wilton but that’s 16 goals scored and 0 conceded in the last 2 games for Drogs!
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Hopefully we can get our game against them called off next week, wouldn't be good for the integrity of the league if they stuck 12 past us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    extend that out to 90!
    McGinty our best player as well. Absolutely brutal. Season done in 7 days.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Hopefully we can get our game against them called off next week, wouldn't be good for the integrity of the league if they stuck 12 past us.
    No rush, wait and see how we feel come Friday afternoon. Might call it off, or we could always just play it this time and just pay off the hometown referee instead
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    [QOTE=2 Year Contract;2198880]No rush, wait and see how we feel come Friday afternoon. Might call it off, or we could always just play it this time and just pay off the hometown referee instead[/QUOTE]
    Luke Dennison with Bohs for almost 2 yrs and now playing a huge part in saving Drogheda. Maybe Bohs should have took a chance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Poor defeat for Treaty at the MF as Wexford deserved the 3 points ,game lost on the sideline Barretts team selection meant the team lopsided and subs introduction plus their timing a disaster.Just heard his interview ..and true to form its back to the pathetic excuses ,all the teams above us are fulltime we,playing well.creating loads of chances, etc...fans are bored listening to it ,if McCormack and her new regime are serious about the investment they have already made and in the future time to look at squad mgt.they built this game up as a ..playoff clash...maybe 400/450 there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post

That result is that mad it almost like losing to an Albanian side trying to lose mad. Its an anti Dundalk conspiracy!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford unlucky not to get a point. Shocking mistake from Jones. We hit the post in 2nd half just before goal and had a late goal ruled out for offside. Wisdom was good on his debut for Derry.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Piszechk worked shels harder I 15 mins the Akintunde did for 65mins. I think Bohs should start Piszechk more often
    We watched different games mate.aki had a really good game, bringing his midfield in with good hold up and his link ups with Tierney in particular was excellent.
    Big fella did well when he came on , should have dropped James back and taken off Adam Mac who looked shot at the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    That result is that mad it almost like losing to an Albanian side trying to lose mad. Its an anti Dundalk conspiracy!!
    I blame Stephen Kenny !
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Shels look a different team without Molloy. Not as solid defensively. Attacking wise they've always been limited so their defensive solidity was always important. Losing that in the run in is less than ideal.

On Bohs. Thought we played really well. Danny Grant had his best game since his return to the club. Genuinely delighted for him as well as he's had a rough time of it with the injuries. Unfortunately Bohs are just a team that lack confidence at the moment. Some of the misses were inexcusable (the open goal, Piszcech header, scramble at the back post) and that shows in defence with the Shels goal as well. I think they're really missing a leader at the back as Cian Byrne, Leigh Kavanagh and the new RB Smith look like capable defenders but need to be organized by someone with more experience. Hopefully Cornwall can offer that next season. Get a Striker in who can score 10+ goals and it could be a great season next year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Drogheda United 7 Sligo Rovers 0, and Drogheda are a part-time out fit from what I believe while Sligo Rovers has been a full-time set up now for along time!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Shels look a different team without Molloy. Not as solid defensively. Attacking wise they've always been limited so their defensive solidity was always important. Losing that in the run in is less than ideal.
    Molloy overall was great he did have his moments of inexperience the problem his departure Duff has been indecisive as to whom is the best partnership at CB with Barrett flipping between Bone, Griffin and Ledwidge. Bone was meant to be Molloy's replacement but he is nowhere near as agile or technical as Molloy, then Bone had a horrorshow last week against Sligo for their opener passing the ball out from the back resulting in benching last night

Barrett has been the superglue on the defence all season he has been ridiculously good we are very lucky he has avoided anything more than minor injuries. Kearns has regressed this season he is increasingly having hairy moments not providing that backline with assurance

Attacking I don't believe any team in football can win a league over a 36 game season scoring barely above an average of a goal a game maybe there could be a first time for that statistic but our signings in the window were front loaded to that attacking area of the field and we don't look any better there even more blunt without Jarvis. I've got to trust Duff can fix this flat spell, Shels are entering a juncture now it's either going to be a title challenge to the end of season or we are actually in the middle of fizzling out and would be clinging to 2nd or dropping to 3rd spot
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Molloy overall was great he did have his moments of inexperience the problem his departure Duff has been indecisive as to whom is the best partnership at CB with Barrett flipping between Bone, Griffin and Ledwidge. Bone was meant to be Molloy's replacement but he is nowhere near as agile or technical as Molloy, then Bone had a horrorshow last week against Sligo for their opener passing the ball out from the back resulting in benching last night

Barrett has been the superglue on the defence all season he has been ridiculously good we are very lucky he has avoided anything more than minor injuries. Kearns has regressed this season he is increasingly having hairy moments not providing that backline with assurance

Attacking I don't believe any team in football can win a league over a 36 game season scoring barely above an average of a goal a game maybe there could be a first time for that statistic but our signings in the window were front loaded to that attacking area of the field and we don't look any better there even more blunt without Jarvis. I've got to trust Duff can fix this flat spell, Shels are entering a juncture now it's either going to be a title challenge to the end of season or we are actually in the middle of fizzling out and would be clinging to 2nd or dropping to 3rd spot
    Yeah chopping and changing is a disaster for defensive cohesion. Something Bohs have seen a lot of this year and something I think lead to your goal last night. I've never seen a player try to clear the ball the way Smith did and I don't think our keeper has either. Keeper shouldn't have been in the position he was anyway but c'est la vie. Why hasn't Duff stuck with Ledwidge as Barrets CB partner? Imo that would be the closest thing to continuity as at least Ledwidge knows fully how you want to play and has worked in there before? Based on last night I wouldn't rate Griffin highly. He has a tendency to carry the ball too far forward which I don't think suits your defensive style.

In attack, yeah blunt is the best way to say it. You certainly have the players to be scoring more goals but for whatever reason you don't seem to be able to exploit it? Prime example is Paddy Kirk being an a yellow for about an hour last night? You really want to be trying to isolate him against Coote or Burt when he came on but you just didn't seem to try to do that. Coote was allowed drift into the middle a lot and that was already congested so attacks kinda broke down because the space was too crowded. I think you need your wingers to stay wide and give a bit more space to work in to Wood and O'Brien. Having the players part of the puzzle is sorted. Need to figure how they play together now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast