Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 2nd August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Watched it in slow mo a few times frame by frame and it is a penalty for me. You see the tug on the jersey. I was expected something way worse when I saw all the comments.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I think most clubs could give you a check list of awful decisions by Hennesy against them. He is incompetent on an equal opportunities basis I reckon
    Our win ratio halves when he's in charge, but I agree he's not biased.
    I know some of the ones here saying it looked like a penalty, but it looks ridiculous on the replays.Turner's dive was pathetic.
    I'd have questions marks over the first penalty too, btw.

As an aside, according to StattoLoI on Twitter, that's the latest goal ever scored in the Premier Division.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Our win ratio halves when he's in charge, but I agree he's not biased.
    I know some of the ones here saying it looked like a penalty, but it looks ridiculous on the replays.Turner's dive was pathetic.
    I'd have questions marks over the first penalty too, btw.

As an aside, according to StattoLoI on Twitter, that's the latest goal ever scored in the Premier Division.
    And bar Malley going off not an injury in the game

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewhitepele View Post
    And bar Malley going off not an injury in the game
    There was 5 mins added on at the end of the game, mainly due to McGinty/other Sligo players time wasting in the second half, Mulraney going down injured, 2 goals and 5 separate substitution breaks up to that point. During that injury time Malley was down injured for a few minutes, as well as the tantrums that needed to be dealt with after the penalty was awarded
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I don't normally post on this forum, I use it to keep in touch with news, but the penalty decisions against Sligo Rovers tonight were an absolute disgrace. I watched on LOI and have spoken to a number at the game and watched the highlights over and over. I'm sorry but the referee really has some questions to answer. If that is an example of the officiating we have at the elite level of football in this country, we are screwed. I have accepted dodgy decisions many times over the years in the past, but I genuinely think that you really have to question this guy. If he is not capable of reffing at this level then it needs to be addressed. A disgrace. I see some Pats fans at the game are saying otherwise. I mean, come on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    I fully expect referee Rob Hennessy to be disciplined by head of refereeing Rob Hennessy.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover'n'out View Post
    I don't normally post on this forum, I use it to keep in touch with news, but the penalty decisions against Sligo Rovers tonight were an absolute disgrace. I watched on LOI and have spoken to a number at the game and watched the highlights over and over. I'm sorry but the referee really has some questions to answer. If that is an example of the officiating we have at the elite level of football in this country, we are screwed. I have accepted dodgy decisions many times over the years in the past, but I genuinely think that you really have to question this guy. If he is not capable of reffing at this level then it needs to be addressed. A disgrace. I see some Pats fans at the game are saying otherwise. I mean, come on.
    Thanks for posting and hope you’ll stick around.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I fully expect referee Rob Hennessy to be disciplined by head of refereeing Rob Hennessy.
    Robbed Hennessy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Treaty are still in the promotion hunt. A creditable draw on Friday. Athlone and UCD are near certainties. Bray and Finn Harps are the teams to catch for those in pursuit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Treaty are still in the promotion hunt. A creditable draw on Friday. Athlone and UCD are near certainties. Bray and Finn Harps are the teams to catch for those in pursuit.
    Between 5 teams for the last 2 places,I wouldn’t put a penny on us to make it either,Bray haven’t even got a manager and look better than us Atm,I think they’ll make it to but you can flip a coin for the last spot….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover'n'out View Post
    The first penalty I initially thought was outside the box at the game, but it was absolutely a blatant foul in any case. There's a reason Pijnaker was trying to argue that it was outside the box rather than not a foul at all, and it's because he got skinned and cynically tried to take Mulraney down outside the box as many defenders would in that situation. When watching back though it continues into the box and therefore is a penalty, he still has a hold of Mulraney's arm when he first touches the ball in the box so I don't really see the argument personally.

The winner I can see that it's soft having watched it back but Chapman is still stood about a yard behind Turner - who is favourite to win the ball - with a hold of his jersey so is just asking for problems. The angle on the Camac made it seem quite clear too but can appreciate the camera angles on LOI TV make that less apparent. Hennessy had loads of shockers anyway between hilarious non-calls of foul throw-ins, Pats getting a dangerous free kick for Jamie Lennon falling over the ball etc, but don't really get all the commotion with the penalties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Watched it in slow mo a few times frame by frame and it is a penalty for me. You see the tug on the jersey. I was expected something way worse when I saw all the comments.
    The second pen, injury time, when I watched it on my mobile, I thought disgraceful decision, then I watched on my 26inch monitor, there is a slight tug of the jersey, but christ the Pats guy made a meal of it, that said I can now see how it was given.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    The second pen, injury time, when I watched it on my mobile, I thought disgraceful decision, then I watched on my 26inch monitor, there is a slight tug of the jersey, but christ the Pats guy made a meal of it, that said I can now see how it was given.
    After watching it back I don’t think the camera angle fully caught it, but there does seem to be a tug on the shirt. It’s probably debatable, but some of the reaction, with talk of corruption etc, has been hysterical.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Now I will be clear, there def was a slight pull on the jersey, but just for 2 seconds or so, silly by Sligo player as he only had to jockey the ball out, or get goalside.

Then we look at the Pats player, there is no way that 2 second pull warranted his collapse on the deck, but it was 2-2 and prob last kick, so would most players do it, possibly?

I can see why ref gave it though, but again there was not enough in it for me as clear cut, if was exact same challenge / contact in centre circle, would ref have given a free, I am not so sure he would. The classic 'remain to be convinced' scenario.

Pats were very lucky to get it, Sligo have every right to feel devastated.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Red for Derry,very naive from Sam Todd already on a booking,the first one was very soft I thought though….

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Shocking by the ref, shouldn’t be a yellow in this game at all, stupid challenge by Todd though.
    How poor is kearns ‘ distribution though?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Shocking by the ref, shouldn’t be a yellow in this game at all, stupid challenge by Todd though.
    How poor is kearns ‘ distribution though?
    Both of Todd’s bookings were warranted in fairness. Derry have continued to be the better side here even since the red card. Can still see Shels winning it though
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Have not been watching the match since the first half but I think I am not going to suffer from FOMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Have not been watching the match since the first half but I think I am not going to suffer from FOMO.
    Missed absolutely nothing,poor fare ….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Best possible result for Rovers, its the hope that kills you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast