Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 2nd August

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    That last min pen formPats was an awful decision…..even if it is a good result for Rovers! Sligo still playing v well. An enjoyable match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    We should start a refereeing howler thread,that’s a joke,how we send Rob Hennessy to do European games is mind boggling….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    I have to look at this penalty as it is all over the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    The guards spent 4 or 5 years investigating match fixing in the LOI to no avail, I know the door they should be knocking on and the same guy will be out next week doing the same thing without any rebuke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    I know your probably not serious about the matchfixing I think its just rank incompetence

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I know your probably not serious about the matchfixing I think its just rank incompetence
    Its as bad a decision I can remember, its so bad it would question the match fixing angle. It really is that bad.
    Either way there are zero consequences for bad decisions/ performances which means it will keep happening and the standard if ref will not improve.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You have to be sure for such a big decision. Pats really did spend big this week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    I agree one of the worst decisions in a career littered with some absolute howlers. A thread on refs is a good idea.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    The Anthony Buttimer finishing school.
    Absolutely unaccountable , and he’s not alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I don't believe in match fixing in our league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    I have warned and warned about Rob Hennessy about some of the utter dog-shyt refereeing 'decisions' he has given against Shels during the past 2 years which has caused Duff to lose his mind but then Duff gets the brunt of his comments with suspensions and criticisms over his character on social media

I have wondered with Hennessy it is a personal vendetta against Shels or is the guy genuinely hilariously incompetent who you wouldn't have referee at your kids under 8 level football or does he have pre-determined interests in whom which of the teams wins the games he is refereeing in. One of those three determinations is solidified for me based on his latest 'decision' today in the 8th minute of stoppage time today
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Given the feedback above and online I must be wrong but I was in line with it and honestly thought it was a penalty. He had a hold of Turner's jersey and dragged him, a couple of us were even saying we'd be fuming with the stupidity of it were we Sligo fans. Haven't seen it back though so maybe just caught in the moment.

For what it's worth I think the linesman gave it too rather than Hennessey.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewhitepele View Post
    You have to be sure for such a big decision. Pats really did spend big this week.

Hennessey was shocking tonight and the winning penalty indeed looks a howler from the TV angle, but to burst the bubble of the rather enjoyable tinfoil hat posts like this one, I was right in line with it on the camac and the defender pulled Luke Turners shirt. He dropped to the ground straight away once it happened but it was an absolutely clueless piece of defending to allow a ref like Hennessey an opportunity to give a peno. The jersey pull itself wasn’t enough for Turner to naturally go down, but it’s the only way refs give fouls these days
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    I think most clubs could give you a check list of awful decisions by Hennesy against them. He is incompetent on an equal opportunities basis I reckon

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Given the feedback above and online I must be wrong but I was in line with it and honestly thought it was a penalty. He had a hold of Turner's jersey and dragged him, a couple of us were even saying we'd be fuming with the stupidity of it were we Sligo fans. Haven't seen it back though so maybe just caught in the moment.

For what it's worth I think the linesman gave it too rather than Hennessey.
    Exact same reaction from around where I was on the camac. Firstly celebrated winning the peno then pure laughter and disbelief at the defender’s stupidity
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Hennessey was shocking tonight and the winning penalty indeed looks a howler from the TV angle, but to burst the bubble of the rather enjoyable tinfoil hat posts like this one, I was right in line with it on the camac and the defender pulled Luke Turners shirt. He dropped to the ground straight away once it happened but it was an absolutely clueless piece of defending to allow a ref like Hennessey an opportunity to give a peno. The jersey pull itself wasn’t enough for Turner to naturally go down, but it’s the only way refs give fouls these days
    It was tongue in cheek, rather than tinfoil hat...but none the less an amazing decision.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Refereeing aside… I thought Jamie Lennon had an absolute howler of a performance, he won the ball back a fair bit as usual but constantly gave it away and both Sligo goals came from him cheaply giving it away with wayward passes. Thought Sjoberg was Pats best player tonight and Elbouzedi and Kavanagh were both excellent when they came on. Great to get a win 3 days off the back of a European away game, particularly against a good in form side like Sligo
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Refereeing aside… I thought Jamie Lennon had an absolute howler of a performance, he won the ball back a fair bit as usual but constantly gave it away and both Sligo goals came from him cheaply giving it away with wayward passes. Thought Sjoberg was Pats best player tonight and Elbouzedi and Kavanagh were both excellent when they came on. Great to get a win 3 days off the back of a European away game, particularly against a good in form side like Sligo
    Spot on. Jamie gave the ball away repeatedly, and as you say, for both Sligo goals. Mind you, it was a cracking finish for the first goal.Big three points for us, and I thought we did well considering the game on Thursday. Brandon Kavanagh was excellent when he came on, Kian Leavy was very good too. Can’t comment on the penalty, as I didn’t see it from where I was sitting. Sligo will be kicking themselves though, as they spurned a glorious chance gifted to them by Anang at 2-2. We’ve been on the wrong end of results in these tights games so often this season, maybe our luck is finally starting to turn.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Spot on. Jamie gave the ball away repeatedly, and as you say, for both Sligo goals. Mind you, it was a cracking finish for the first goal.Big three points for us, and I thought we did well considering the game on Thursday. Brandon Kavanagh was excellent when he came on, Kian Leavy was very good too. Can’t comment on the penalty, as I didn’t see it from where I was sitting. Sligo will be kicking themselves though, as they spurned a glorious chance gifted to them by Anang at 2-2. We’ve been on the wrong end of results in these tights games so often this season, maybe our luck is finally starting to turn.
    Yeah a big let off with them hitting the post at 2-2. The game was in the balance at that stage and could’ve gone either way with Lennon hitting the bar too. Thought a draw would’ve been a fair result but delighted it went our way
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Love Jamie but he's been so poor generally this season by his usual standards. Still gets through trojan work (think he has the most tackles won in the league) and sometimes I think he's hung out to dry by being the only midfielder with any defensive responsibility to his game, but he's made heaps on errors in possession. Talk he's off to America in the off season and it'd be a shame for him to go out on this note.

On a similar note I feel like Joe Redmond has been playing half fit all season. His movement has looked awkward and he's seemed like he's playing through pain the majority of games and been half the player he has been previously.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast