Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Stephen O'Donnell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Stephen O'Donnell

Does anyone know what the story is with Stephen O'Donnell, is he out injured or is he away with the army again? He's a good player and we could use his strength. He'd do a good job in centre midfield beside O'Grady and he has an eye for goal aswell, think he got something like 8 the season before last when he was used upfront!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He has been suspended by sean conner for breach of discipline.....he missed the team bus for the Kilkenny game a few weeks ago and i heard he said somethin after being taken off so early against Dublin City! Its a pity as i think he is a very good player and i think we could use another attacking midfielder!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    it would be great to see stevie back on the pitch again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    definetly we might be able to score a couple of goals with him in the team..

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
    I hear he was back training last Week !

he is back 3 weeks now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good, hopefully he can get back in the side as soon as possible as he can score goals as we know but also sets up a lot of goals and we need some1 to start chipping in with goals from midfield as none of our midfielders are in great scoring form(apart from steve feeney)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    steve o'donnell needs to be put back into the first team as soon as possible. it would be nice if he could make this game vs kilkenny! sean connor needs to put aside whatever differences he has had with stevie & get him back into the first team. i wouldn't blame him for saying something after getting taken off so early in the game vs dublin city

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think Sean Connor was wrong to take him off against Dublin City. He was horrific that night for the 25 minutes or so that he played. He's a very good player but hasn't done it that often for us this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fcporter
    I don't think Sean Connor was wrong to take him off against Dublin City. He was horrific that night for the 25 minutes or so that he played. He's a very good player but hasn't done it that often for us this season.
    He was only one of several players that underperformed in that game, and it is hard to judge a player on only 25 minutes of action. He is a quality player and I think Sean could better utilise him by playing him in his preferred position of centre midfield rather than on the right. If there is a breach of discipline then the Manager has every right to take action, but surely it should all be sorted out by now.
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    o'donnell didn't have the best game in dublin, but 25 mins was a bit early to be taking him off. it wasn't like he was the only one on the pitch having a poor game. i don't think he would have been taken off if he had made the bus to kilkenny. from some of the things going on in the club, i get the impression that sean connor can be petty like that. connor has us top of the league, can't argue with that - what i'm worried about is the state he leaves the club in when he does move on to bigger & better things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Connors made a bit of a habit in making subsitutes within the first 30 minutes........others to suffer were Tosh and Flynn..............some might say that at least he had the balls to take players off early if he wasn't happy with the way the game is going, the other side of that is ....................get it right first time and pick the best team for the game.

Doing it once is OK but to do it a few times says just as much about the manager than it does about the players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard Connors in a Radio Interview Justify his decisions: He stated that some manager in a Previous life or something had told him to make changes when needed and it was never to early to do so. I think it was the same fellow that told him his back Five would get you the title, if he keeps playing Like he did last Friday in Athlone there is only one title we’ll be giving him W!@#%)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you forgot about feeny he lasted 27 mins and when connors diciplines some one its not a one off punishment he maes them suffer for wees as he did with tosh whos crime was to go home for the night after training on friday and reported bac on saturday for a team meeting on time and his punishment was a fine of 150 euros had to be in bed by 9 30 each night for a month taen out of the first team squad and his parents were not allowed to visit him until he was bac in it he also threatened to tae his mobile phone off him hitler was a nicer man

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i spilt beer on my eypad and one of my letters isnt woring guess which one it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    K.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The Stars
    K.......
    I hope you don't expect foxfordred to give you the correct answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In fairness to Connors, he is trying to increase professionalism around the club, Like anything else when you try to introduce change you have to expect some kickback, I would think its down to both parties been a bit Green, I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned yet I think this will probably sort itself out over time, However if key (Experienced) players start to become disgruntled then it’s a different story. K….