Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Games 13th June

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Tough, but certainly not impossible. Presumably Rovers have a decent budget available if Bradley wants to strengthen over the summer?

I thought Rovers would win the league, with Derry second, and I'm just about sticking to that at present.
    id be amazed if we sign anyone.

the goalie situation and lack of Gary O’Neill have really hurt us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    It hasn’t been mentioned here before but if Drogheda are to have a chance of staying up they need to sign a goalkeeper,Wogan concedes an awful goal at least every other game now and his confidence looks shot, needs to be sat for a while and get somebody else in,im not sure the other keeper there is up to much either….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    id be amazed if we sign anyone.

the goalie situation and lack of Gary O’Neill have really hurt us
    Will Bradley be kept if you don't win the league this season or will he walk?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Really poor display from Bohs last night. Lots of players out there that looked like they were already on their holidays and when your manager isn't in the country the week of the match it kind of undermines the importance of any game. I don't know whether Reynolds went away with the 21s off his own bat or if the board were in the know but that has to be the last time it happens. Amateur stuff, I know O'Donnell, Detser and the other coaches can still take training and probably do for a lot of games but we all know that there are some who skive off when the big boss isn't around and that needs to be cut out. We are blessed the Chorazka is such a good keeper. Pulled off 2-3 saves at 1-1 that kept us in the game and ultimately kept the score respectable.

I want to say I expect a lot of signings in July for Bohs but I actually don't. I think there will be more leavers than joiners. Lilander wasn't on the bench last night and Reinkort hasn't been on it in weeks so I'd wager they're on their way out. Bart Kukoloviec was released already and I can't see us keeping 3 GK's on the books for the full season and Piszczek is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. He's 6ft 4 and can't win a header because he wants to jump at the player instead of trying to win the ball. Disaster of a season that was preceded by a disaster of an offseason. If things don't pick up after the break I think Fenlon will be out the door because I can't see what he's doing to justify his wage. Rant over...for now
    I agree with everything you say, but the break and the window is an opportunity for Alan Reynolds to put his mark on the team. Then we'll see if Fenlon and Reynolds are singing from the same hymn sheet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Jeez, bit of a complex there Nesta:;
    I wasn't actually referring to you,mate,as I know already how you feel about Rovers- Your extended monologue there is evidence itself!!
    Any club can technically win 1 league,good clubs win 2/3 in a row,but only the best win 4 in a row.
    Enjoy your weekend buddy.
    What about clubs that win 3.5 in a row?

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    The ideal outcome for him would be a decent run/results in Europe, then land a job somewhere in Britain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Jeez, bit of a complex there Nesta:;
    I wasn't actually referring to you,mate,as I know already how you feel about Rovers- Your extended monologue there is evidence itself!!
    Any club can technically win 1 league,good clubs win 2/3 in a row,but only the best win 4 in a row.
    Enjoy your weekend buddy.
    You can call it a complex if you like and I didnt think you were referring to me directly. I dont dislike Rovers as much a many also - my formative years in LoI didnt involved Rovers bar occasionally to build up a significant hatred. I'm saying that what you call bad mouthing Rovers achievements is simply observing that they should be performing better this year, should have set points tally records previously, and that if this is the end of an era it should be questioned why - what was done to freshen things up, address a chronic extensive injury list, deal with accumulatig debt without that possibility of a CL pathway 2025 and the implications that may have for your membership. Calling out football fans for being football fans too/ I get it though as a Dundalk fan I can identify with the frustrations that a club may have blown the opportunity to do a Rosenbord of old or a BATE, that all th ingredients were there to dominate indefinitely only for individual(s) to throw spanners in the works, unsettle the inner workings of a club and the chance is lost. Your best may be doing 4 in a row but when such numbers could be greater....well its like how the Seanie season rankles cause it stopped a Dundalk 6 in a row and ye have to settle on 5 in 6 seasons

Id love to be able to take you up on the suggestion of enjoying the weekend but Im very thankful that there will be wall to wall football to watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    8 games in a row Dundalk haven’t conceded a goal at home,some going !
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    8 games in a row Dundalk haven’t conceded a goal at home, some going !
    And more bizarre, before the Sligo game on Thursday it was still (just) the worst home record in the PD, also in the 8 games it is only 3 wins, but still a good turning point as 2 of those wins were Rovers and Bohs before Sligo.

The club record was 6 I think, and that was broken in the Derry 0-0 game a few weeks ago.

Last team to score was Sligo, that 0-5 hammering, 4th March, the 'injury' to Shelvey at HT and he was subbed, didn't come out for the second half.
    Last edited by oriel; 15/06/2024 at 1:37 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The best game he has played for Pats , he was like a new signing. I was very cynical of his value to the squad with his injuries but last nights performance shows that he can make a big contribution. There is no point getting carried away after last night even considering how enjoyable a win it was. The performance last night versus last week in Drogheda was chalk and cheese. The break will give Kenny a chance to work on a few things and so also help with our injuries.
    His fitness - or lack thereof - is such a shame as I'm pretty sure we'd be grand with him at right back were he able to stay injury-free. As you say it's such a small sample size with him but he's always looked good, Thursday night being a prime example of that. I think the total amount of minutes he's played since signing well over a year ago only amounts to about seven and a half full games which tells the story. Would love if he could be relied upon to put a run of games together now but can't see it personally, we've really made a mess of the full back positions this season in terms of recruitment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    His fitness - or lack thereof - is such a shame as I'm pretty sure we'd be grand with him at right back were he able to stay injury-free. As you say it's such a small sample size with him but he's always looked good, Thursday night being a prime example of that. I think the total amount of minutes he's played since signing well over a year ago only amounts to about seven and a half full games which tells the story. Would love if he could be relied upon to put a run of games together now but can't see it personally, we've really made a mess of the full back positions this season in terms of recruitment.
    Yeah, he’s our best right back by a distance and made a big difference the other night. Fingers crossed that he can stay fit for the rest off he season now.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    reckon it’ll be his choice but unless we make group stages then budget like;y to be cut substantially and he might see it as time to part ways

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Where does Bradley go if he leaves Rovers though? I don't think he's good enough to make it in England (he might try, btu I think it'd be one club and that's it). He's linked himself with the Ireland role I think, but that's not going to happen after the Kenny debacle. And that leaves what - Bohs/Shels/Pats?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Where does Bradley go if he leaves Rovers though? I don't think he's good enough to make it in England (he might try, btu I think it'd be one club and that's it). He's linked himself with the Ireland role I think, but that's not going to happen after the Kenny debacle. And that leaves what - Bohs/Shels/Pats?
    Unless Derry win the league you could probably see Derry looking for a new manager in the off season. Could be the ideal situation for both there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    I would say Bradley would have a fair few offers across the water... Even more than Kenny would have had when he left Dundalk.

Bradley is a corporate company man, the kind of appointment that clubs drool over.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    I would say Bradley would have a fair few offers across the water... Even more than Kenny would have had when he left Dundalk.

Bradley is a corporate company man, the kind of appointment that clubs drool over.
    Erm wasn't he saying there were people within his own club trying to hold them back last year?

Slightly mad comments when you see the loss that was subsequently posted!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Erm wasn't he saying there were people within his own club trying to hold them back last year?

Slightly mad comments when you see the loss that was subsequently posted!
    That sums up a corporate company man... Deflect blame... Hit short term metrics... talk your way to falling upwards...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345