Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 31st MAy to 3rd of June

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Treaty outplayed and out fought by a well drilled Kerry in Tralee,probably flattered by the scoreline as Kerry fluffed their lines in front of goal a few times.Treaty were once again not without effort but toothless in their approach and maybe if they spent less time bawling at the ref for everything,which is a constant feature this season, and more time into actually trying to pass the ball results might improve,one win in 16 games is atrocious.To my Kerry friends who i attended game with many thanks for the as always excellent hospitality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Nah, a week without a game is needed for us tbh.
    Unless I read your post wrong you seemed to be blaming the opposition manager for your team losing today. Your 5 &1/2 yr contracted manager has not got off to a very good start- I've seen this movie a couple of times before.
    I was more so making a point about the squad generally, the game today is just a very brief snapshot of the wider issues with it. I like Daly a lot but I think he did a shoddy job with building a balanced team, and left one that he, Stephen Kenny or most coaches would have a real job on their hands of making a success out of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    McCelland had a decent chance towards the end.
    To rephrase, St Pats could have played all night and not scored another!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I was more so making a point about the squad generally, the game today is just a very brief snapshot of the wider issues with it. I like Daly a lot but I think he did a shoddy job with building a balanced team, and left one that he, Stephen Kenny or most coaches would have a real job on their hands of making a success out of.
    I don’t think Ancelotti could get anything out of that lot. The man is only in the door and can’t be expected to work miracles with dross.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Not the highest quality game, but a fairly entertaining game in Finn Park. 15 year old Gavin McAteer is one to watch out for. Special talent.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    I don’t think Ancelotti could get anything out of that lot. The man is only in the door and can’t be expected to work miracles with dross.
    Wasn't that said when Daly took over from Clancy ? Who are the players exactly you think are Dross?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Wasn't that said when Daly took over from Clancy ? Who are the players exactly you think are Dross?
    Can only speak for myself but I don't really have much of an issue with individual players, it's just the balance of it all that doesn't work, and it's fine margins this season in what's a tight and competitive league. The goalkeeper situation has been dodgy, but it's more so been stuff like having one left back in the whole squad while on the other side is three right backs that can't complete a game between them, and having 5/6 attacking midfielders/wingers that are left-footed and physically lacking, which just makes it all quite predictable and imbalanced. For me it's more a case of poorly executed squad building than specific players being to blame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Great win for Dundalk. Really, we had more and higher quality chances in the second half to win it by more than Pats did to equalize. We always had a good defense, but were creating nothing. Hopefully with Daly, this is being fixed. Should have beaten Derry on Friday night too.

Frustrated with the pen. If that is a pen, why isnt it a pen for a handball up the other end, when the ball came off the Pats players elbow and went out (mysteriously given for a goal kick)?

Also, shocked by how Pats centric Virgin medias coverage was. The commentary team really only saw things from the Pats perspective. A little bit nit-picky, and I know LOI TV is like that, but this is one of the worst I have seen this year and thought it would have been different because it was on Virgin.

I feel a bit bad for Mason Melia, despite what the comms were saying, he was awful and has lot to learn anytime I have seen him play. Some pitiful dives from him too. Forrester had a strange game too. Loved asking for miracles from his teammates with his passing.

I know its early doors in St Pats, but it is an interesting time in Kennys career. Throwing on a heap of attacking players that early (around the 70min), and losing some shape, looks like a manager that does not have faith in his squad anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Kerry's first win over a Munster rival in the league. Two more games now before the mid season break, not that Kerry have a break. While they won't play on the Friday, the MSC final is on the following Monday June 24th against Waterford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    McCelland had a decent chance towards the end.
    Which went well wide v Kenny chance on 90+4 that Pats GK made a save and went out for a corner.

Bad night all round for Pats.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Ok so here we go, Pats fans last 4 years.

SOD ' Let players contracts run down after cup final pen shootout win v Bohs in 2021. Then joined Dundalk.

JD ' Recruited badly and this is the reason why Pats are in their current predicament, but SK has been there for 5 games and already lost 3.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Treaty second best in Tralee but were rode raw by some tragic officiating by referee Ryan Maher. Had more than one chance to send off several Kerry players.
    Kerry definitely play on the edge,no bother mixing it in the physical side of the game….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Ok so here we go, Pats fans last 4 years.

SOD ' Let players contracts run down after cup final pen shootout win v Bohs in 2021. Then joined Dundalk.

JD ' Recruited badly and this is the reason why Pats are in their current predicament, but SK has been there for 5 games and already lost 3.
    Genuinely don't know what you're getting at here? Kenny or anyone else taking over doesn't suddenly fix an (in my opinion) imbalanced squad. As I said I like Daly but I struggled to make sense of what he was trying to do with how he built the team. Not really sure what the relevance of the previous example from several years ago is either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Kenny has an amazing ability to avoid responsibility for anything. Years as an ireland manager with beyond abysmal results and then comes into Pats and does worse than the guy he replaced and he is still Teflon. By the way if he had won the 3 games he lost he would be a point ahead or Rovers 5 off the top.
    At this stage I'm wondering maybe has his reputation become bigger than his ability...

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Kenny has an amazing ability to avoid responsibility for anything. Years as an ireland manager with beyond abysmal results and then comes into Pats and does worse than the guy he replaced and he is still Teflon. By the way if he had won the 3 games he lost he would be a point ahead or Rovers 5 off the top.
    At this stage I'm wondering maybe has his reputation become bigger than his ability...
    I dont think so, al least not yet. He's only in the job, takes time to stamp your mark. SK will be thinking longer term in terms of how he will get the side playing. There are a few too many passangers to play with multiball and tempo. The fans were groaning when the side slowed things to retain possession and then build again but they may get used to it. We know SK wont sacrifice his hilosophy for pragmatism and breaking by going direct wont happen.

It would be pure LoI entertainment if St Pats are in a relegation fight at season end, Ive always said Id take 7th, but talk of SK being past it or not up to it is premature at best. It does seem to be Rovers fans that are quickest to question, wonder why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    With our budget in this historically bad league we should be 10 clear at least so I'm looking for distraction and deflection wherever I can get it. If we don't win the league this year it will be the greatest failure since devin loch

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Kerry completely dominant against
    Treaty (for the 3rd time this season), but at least converted 2 of the numerous chances created to get a well deserved 3 points this time.

Ref and the officiating crew in general had an absolute shocker. The inconsistency was barely believable and in the end it became a farce when it was well into the 92nd minute before the board for injury time went up for 4 minutes and they proceeded to play 7 minutes. Not even the ref could help Treaty get a point in the end though.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Throwing on a heap of attacking players that early (around the 70min), and losing some shape, looks like a manager that does not have faith in his squad anyways.
    not in doubt, and rightly so. He's made it pretty clear theres going to be changes.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Can only speak for myself but I don't really have much of an issue with individual players, it's just the balance of it all that doesn't work, and it's fine margins this season in what's a tight and competitive league. The goalkeeper situation has been dodgy, but it's more so been stuff like having one left back in the whole squad while on the other side is three right backs that can't complete a game between them, and having 5/6 attacking midfielders/wingers that are left-footed and physically lacking, which just makes it all quite predictable and imbalanced. For me it's more a case of poorly executed squad building than specific players being to blame.
    Honestly there are some excuses for Kenny there but this is still a Pat's team with Joe Redmond, Chris Forrester & Lennon very good LOI players then the likes of Turner, Conor Keely, Brandon Kavanagh, Cian Leavy, Jake Mulraney, Ruairi Keating and Mason Melia as either solid LOI starters or players with good potential to grow having shown something already. Plenty of managers would bite your hand off for a couple of those players in their squad. Sure the squad is a bit unbalanced but so are a lot of other LOI squads. Bohs also had 1 LB and 3 rb's untill the very recent signing of Jake Carroll. There's stuff like this all around the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Derry City seem to be to the only team Waterford can't compete with this season. 2 3-0 defeats in Derry and a 2-0 defeaqt at the RSC. We would have taken 4th place though more than halfway through the season and have 2 home games before mid season break to try get back on track.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast