Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend 17th of May to 20th May

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Christ - Dundalk take the lead against Rovers

Don't care how many injuries Rovers have - that's appalling stuff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Dreadful from Rovers … may have to recalibrate my prediction that we’d win the league by at least 10 points down to 6

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Galway have made 6 subs tonight according to FAI Connect, Flashscore, their own Twitter page.

One of them a concussion sub or is there miraculous late turnaround win going to be for nothing and a win awarded to Drogs?
    From a Bohs fans point of view I hope this happens but I recall an incedent where Cork women made an illegal substitution in an game against Bohs women and the FAI only warned Cork about it. Bohs claimed at the time it sets a dangerous precedent and we could be proven right.

Consequences aside does some of the blame not lie with the officials though if it is an illegal substitution? I mean they take note of players in and out of the game so there's no reason they shouldn't have known that Galway used all of their subs?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    When Harps score a penalty to go 3-2 up on 88 minutes at UCD the only question is how we’ll manage to not win,stupid ground for us never win there,UCD are what they always are in the First Division,very competitive,some handy players and will be up in the playoffs for sure,draw not a bad result just disappointing not to hold on ……
    Wouldn't mind seeing the peno again. I thought it was correct but our players were quite annoyed and Andy Myler behind me said he thought we'd gotten the ball first, and it was the Harps player who was slightly late and that's what the ref gave

Draw probably fair overall I think. Harps played us well on the counter like Cobh last week, but at least we had enough in us to create chances this time. All made for a decent game. Either team could have nicked it at the end too

And good to see Finn back - that'll cheer sbgawa up after the Dundalk news this evening

How come only five on the bench for Harps btw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing the peno again. I thought it was correct but our players were quite annoyed and Andy Myler behind me said he thought we'd gotten the ball first, and it was the Harps player who was slightly late and that's what the ref gave

Draw probably fair overall I think. Harps played us well on the counter like Cobh last week, but at least we had enough in us to create chances this time. All made for a decent game. Either team could have nicked it at the end too

And good to see Finn back - that'll cheer sbgawa up after the Dundalk news this evening

It was hard to tell from the stream and they didn’t give a replay so I’m not sure if it was a penalty,your players were very annoyed so maybe it was soft,first penalty we’ve got this season so we’ll take it !

Must have been a few knocks ,1 long term injury im sure about another came back last week but not in the squad this week and 4 more involved last week weren’t in the squad tonight,bare bones stuff bench wise anyway….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Exactly, we couldn't be any more chaotic at the moment. Bradley for the chop if they don't win...

But I don't think Rovers fans seriously believe they will drop points on Friday, this is just the standard pattern to these match threads. Rovers fans come in say how worried they are about injuries, x, y, and z player not performing set the tone just in case they do drop points and when they usually then go on to win they come back gloating.
    Rovers fans right again it seems.
    Something is way wrong with this team.
    6 points off the top in the worst league in years. Dome wait to get knocked out in the first round in Europe to agree we have a problem? Team not performing we could be 6th if teams behind us win games in hand. Disgraceful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts

I was in line with it PS. Looked a bit soft but you see them given. Lino was in a perfect position but was like a tailor dummy. Your players really seemed adamant he got the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    6 points off the top in the worst league in years. Dome wait to get knocked out in the first round in Europe to agree we have a problem? Team not performing we could be 6th if teams behind us win games in hand. Disgraceful
    Players are coming back yet you seem to be getting worse. Is there something wrong at the club? We are suppose to be a club in crisis with a new manager and yet we are 2 points behind you with a game in hand. Something is not right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Well that was nothing to do with injuries. Plenty of your senior players available tonight, Burke, Farrugia and McEneff all coming on. Rovers were just dreadful and I mean dreadful. Look worse then on the opening night of the season. Livescore says Rovers had one shot on target but I don't remember it.

We were decent but tired in the last 20 and were there for the taking but Rovers were clueless. Thoroughly enjoyable night that have been few and far between.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    We’ll be fine…. Just need to get our best players back and match fit …. Sickener to lose to a late shot ( Duns only chance) and ironically possession was lost by JB …. But he played 90mins , Farrugia looks so threatening when he came on and McEneff looked like a smooth Rolls Royce in the few mins he played… Burke also fit again…. Grace, Towel ,Gaffney, O’Neill , Burns , Poom ,Watts & Hoare still missing , we’ll have most back over next three weeks - then you’ll see there’s nothing wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Sickener to lose to a late shot ( Duns only chance) and ironically possession was lost by JB
    One more chance than Rovers had...

Jack Byrne was very poor, looks a shadow of the player he was.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    No immediate Stephen Kenny bounce for Pats then. Thought there wasn’t much in the game, Derry maybe slightly edged it. Would like to see the goal from a good angle as it looked like it may have been offside, though not possible to really tell from where I was. Don’t know why he changed the team from last week. We need two upfront I think.Not fair to ask Mason Melia to lead the line on his own. He was basically muscled out of it by the Derry/defence tonight.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts

Harps properly down to bare bones. First choice keeper, right back, centre back, left back and winger all missing.

Nine players from a first team squad of 23 were missing tonight through injury or illness.

Considering we had a 17 year old, 18 year old, two 19 year old and a 20 year old all starting tonight and had to fill the bench with a 16 and 15 year old, we done well to get a point at all.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    We’ll be fine…. Just need to get our best players back and match fit …. Sickener to lose to a late shot ( Duns only chance) and ironically possession was lost by JB …. But he played 90mins , Farrugia looks so threatening when he came on and McEneff looked like a smooth Rolls Royce in the few mins he played… Burke also fit again…. Grace, Towel ,Gaffney, O’Neill , Burns , Poom ,Watts & Hoare still missing , we’ll have most back over next three weeks - then you’ll see there’s nothing wrong
    Didn't see the game but you say Duns only had one chance,, you are lucky they didn't have two or it could have been worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Christ - Dundalk take the lead against Rovers

Don't care how many injuries Rovers have - that's appalling stuff...
    I enjoyed it and icing on the cake when heard Drogs conceded 2 in last few mins to lose, maybe there is a way out..........................
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Didn't see the game but you say Duns only had one chance,, you are lucky they didn't have two or it could have been worse
    I think that's correct, 1 proper shot on target, live score shows 2 but must been a tame effort, plus neither keeper made a save, amazing but we'll bank the points, read online thats 6 home wins v last 8 v Rovers, remarkable really.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    No immediate Stephen Kenny bounce for Pats then. Thought there wasn’t much in the game, Derry maybe slightly edged it. Would like to see the goal from a good angle as it looked like it may have been offside, though not possible to really tell from where I was. Don’t know why he changed the team from last week. We need two upfront I think.Not fair to ask Mason Melia to lead the line on his own. He was basically muscled out of it by the Derry/defence tonight.
    Think Redmond was playing the Derry player onside. Disappointing result and I think Kenny will be left in no uncertain terms about his work for the rest of the season. There's a few too many players underperforming that need a bit of tough love. Derry were good mind you, the midfield in particular did very well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Been a while since I’ve seen such a poor performance from Rovers. Dundalk didn’t do,anything but took their chance. Was like we felt entitled to 3 points cos,they were bottom so put in no effort. Let’s hope they realise soon that we have to go and win it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Still laughing PC?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Daft league! How are you meant to call it week by week. Kenny literally had one training session so can't judge anything really, he changed shape/personnel slightly and the game was fairly even, but it feels like most games we've had this season have been close games we've come out on the wrong side of by the odd goal. Glass half full side of that is there's fine margins in the results but in all honesty I feel like there's a noticable lack of balance in the squad and certain players are retaining their places on reputation rather than merit right now. Aaron Bolger on his own this season has been better than Lennon and Forrester combined yet has barely seen any minutes, meanwhile someone like McEleney comes on for Derry and proves to be the difference maker within a few minutes.

Onto Monday for more self-inflicted trauma.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast