Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Kilbane

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    Steve Finnan has plenty of experience playing right mid. It was playing this position in the lower leagues that persuaded Fulham to buy him.
    not doubting steve finnans quality but just think he doesnt add much going forward ...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    If that was Kilbane's "first bad game in centre midfield", then I am the tooth fairy.

People say he ran the show in Paris. He ran in Paris. He didn't do much else.

Maybe we should put Mark Carroll in midfield, he can run around a lot too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3
    If that was Kilbane's "first bad game in centre midfield", then I am the tooth fairy.

People say he ran the show in Paris. He ran in Paris. He didn't do much else.

Maybe we should put Mark Carroll in midfield, he can run around a lot too.
    Exactly. He did not run the show, he just ran around alot.

"Spreads the play" He couldn't pass water ffs. All he has is heart, determination and work rate. When it comes to quality, he is badly lacking and always has been even on the left nevermind in the centre.

He is not good enough, and the claim that he's had one bad game in central mid field is as outrageous as it is funny.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Kilbane is S*ite,simple as that and was never any good.The best he has ever done is run with the ball,head down and before he knows it he is over the by line.Mark Kinsella who is retired now is still better than this donkey FFS.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    Kilbane is S*ite,simple as that and was never any good.The best he has ever done is run with the ball,head down and before he knows it he is over the by line.Mark Kinsella who is retired now is still better than this donkey FFS.
    complete and utter ****** .. kilbane is a quality player who with roy keane did run the show in paris and at home against israel was our best player .. you watch paris or israel home again and you will see the influence kilbane has ... oh lets drop kilbane and put in matty holland so we can then slag him off ... too many knobs on here come on just to abuse the players.. people talk about the great atmosphere last night ? my arse ... anytime kilbane , oshea or basically anyone other than roy keane made a mistake there were moans and groans ... best supporters in the world ? my arse ... my vote goes to our friends up the road ... years of ****e and they still dont complain and support there team 100%

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    zinedineontour.. Were you at the game and how many games have you watched Kilbane playing in?He is a very average player and to call him anything but is a crazy assessment.I can understand why the Sunderland supporters gave him a hard time and yes he deserves all the criticism he gets and imo is well warranted. Yes he did get alot of praise for the French game and did play well based on his standards but consistancy is the name of the game and he does not have this simple gift to be a professional footballer at the highest level.

Roy Keane is a God and does not have to prove anything to anyone with regard to his football ability and 38,000 people that didnt moan or groan at him last night obviously think the same.Enough said
    Last edited by FarBeag; 08/09/2005 at 6:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think zinedineontour is the poster formally known as only1kilbane, in which case you will simply never get any sense out of him on the subject of Kilbane

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Regardless, unfortunately Kilbane was the weakest link last night - it's that simple.
    if his performance in Paris has kept him in the starting eleven until now, last night's show should keep him out.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steven Reid should have been given a run-out last night. He's in form since returning to Blackburn team after injury. Kilbane is in bits..confidence is gone again! should have been taken off for S Reid after 50 mins not bloody 80!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    his worst game for ireland in a while, he's average but bar roy our whole midfield is average. kav or holland would be replacements even they are'nt much better. S Ried is unproven. And Kilbane was up against Viera Makalele and Zidane no wonder he was shown up??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Kilbane is the weak link and needs to go. Keane, Reid and Duff are 3 quality players but having Kilbane there doesn't work. ****e against Italy and France so needs to be dropped. His heart cannot be questioned but we need quality to beat the Swiss

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982
    Kilbane is the weak link and needs to go. Keane, Reid and Duff are 3 quality players but having Kilbane there doesn't work. ****e against Italy and France so needs to be dropped. His heart cannot be questioned but we need quality to beat the Swiss
    Grand if people dont rate him as highly as i do but who do we have to replace him .. nobody thats anyway better than the lad .. Im have criticised Kilbane in the past and thought he was played when out of form on the left wing but apart from wed night he has been excellent in centre mid .. when holland has played there recently he has disapeared and kavanagh is very similar to keane ... And I am not against Roy Keane just think there are too many knobs now at lansdowne who are pro roy keane and anti the rest of the team sometimes ... Its a team game support the whole team ...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    Grand if people dont rate him as highly as i do but who do we have to replace him .. nobody thats anyway better than the lad ..
    Its like we all know Morrisson is useless but hes best of a lot of bad options for now.

Kilbane has started every competitive irish international for years now. He must have something going for him.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Kilbane has lots going for him, but he'll probably tell you himself he doesn't have the class or guile that can penetrate a deep midfield of Vieira & Makele's quality. I think the time of his automatic selection is coming to an end.

I just suggested the following on another thread:

Duff LHM, Carr RHM, A. Reid centre-mid.

Or KK LHM, Duff, RHM, A. Reid centre-mid.

I've been supportive of Kilbane over the years and but I'm beginning to think he could be best used coming off the bench. Throughout this campaign the high energy our game plan requires has left us tiring in the last 25 minutes. Having a fresh Kilbane to bring on could be a useful tactic.

Likewise I think starting Elliott with a view to Morrison coming on for last 25 minutes may be an option before long.

In almost all instances recently we've been bringing on inferior players & changing to an inferior game plan to change things.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Its like we all know Morrisson is useless but hes best of a lot of bad options for now.

Kilbane has started every competitive irish international for years now. He must have something going for him.
    Think if people are slating kilbane fair enough but they need to back it up with a decent replacement which we just dont have ...like morrison hopefully elliott will step up and show what hes made of in cyprus .. please brian dont play doherty in cyprus ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    We lack squad depth but Finnan on the right, with Reidy in the middle should give us a better balance.

Clinton has been impressing me of late, he tracks back and gives defenders a mare. Doherty needs to stay at Norwich, I knew we were finished when he came on......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982
    We lack squad depth but Finnan on the right, with Reidy in the middle should give us a better balance.

Clinton has been impressing me of late, he tracks back and gives defenders a mare. Doherty needs to stay at Norwich, I knew we were finished when he came on......
    yeah clinton works a lot harder than robbie anyway ..... doherty , please kerr dont bring him on again .. elliott was the obvious option .

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I admire Zinedine's support for Kilbane. KK had a pish poor game. There were serious doubts about his fitness before the game.
    He was not the weakest link last night but definitely one of them.
    The scapegoating of Kilbane reminds me a bit of my nagging wife, if I am anywhere in the house when something goes wrong, its my fault. Kilbane got the blame for one of the Italian goals when it was Holland who had a dose of Narcolepsy.
    Kilbane had a poor game and much less effective than could be expected were Duff, Robbie and Morrison. IMO.only Given, Kenny, Dunne, Carr, O'Shea, Reid and the 12th man played to our expectations of a good game with Roy K exceeding.
    Tactically last night our ability of the midfield to concede 40 yards of space and race back and take up position on our 25yd line was astonishing. That left Keane and Morrison ineffectively trying to close down the advance. The flip side of that was the French were almost shut out completely. When other teams have come here and sliced though our defense repeatedly so last nights display had an unusual plus.
    I like Stuttgart's idea of Kilbane being the impact sub. with time to make an impact.
    I don't think we can afford to buy the type of midfielder I would like to see there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    I admire Zinedine's support for Kilbane. KK had a pish poor game. There were serious doubts about his fitness before the game.
    He was not the weakest link last night but definitely one of them.
    The scapegoating of Kilbane reminds me a bit of my nagging wife, if I am anywhere in the house when something goes wrong, its my fault. Kilbane got the blame for one of the Italian goals when it was Holland who had a dose of Narcolepsy.
    Kilbane had a poor game and much less effective than could be expected were Duff, Robbie and Morrison. IMO.only Given, Kenny, Dunne, Carr, O'Shea, Reid and the 12th man played to our expectations of a good game with Roy K exceeding.
    Tactically last night our ability of the midfield to concede 40 yards of space and race back and take up position on our 25yd line was astonishing. That left Keane and Morrison ineffectively trying to close down the advance. The flip side of that was the French were almost shut out completely. When other teams have come here and sliced though our defense repeatedly so last nights display had an unusual plus.
    I like Stuttgart's idea of Kilbane being the impact sub. with time to make an impact.
    I don't think we can afford to buy the type of midfielder I would like to see there.
    cheers .. Just think fair play the lad was crap on wednesday and im sure if you talked to him he would admit that himself .. imo the lads who did well on wed were given , carr , cunningham, dunne , reid and keane ....

He is the scapegoat along with john o shea when things go wrong.. Im not saying hes a super player but i just dont think at the moment we have anyone capable of doing any better than the lad .. If someone good enough comes along a la glenn whelan in a year or so happy days but at the moment kilbane is our best option and he will be in the team for the next two games so support the lad .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    I feel a bit sorry for Kilbane because i think Kerr is the only person who can see him as a central midfielder. His qualities are hard work and pace, but he doesnt have a first touch, ball control or passing ability which is needed to play central midfield. When Everton had a crisis in that position last season, they played Yobo, a centre half, there instead of moving Kilbane inside. If his own club manager won't risk him there, why does Kerr? I don't think Andy Reid has the energy levels and fitness for that position - i'd go for the other Reid

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast