Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 26th to 29th April

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Total rubbish from us first half, clawed our way back in after the break but the missed pen was crucial, why the **** Rooney didn’t take it I don’t know.
    Comeback fizzled out thereafter and Dundalk were denied a stonewalled by that clown of a ref later.
    They well deserved it and two great goals too , Rennie needs to kick some arses this week, at least six of this lot id not be sorry to see the back of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Even the next morning I can't quite figure out how Harps didn't score a couple of goals in the first half.
    The difference in the two teams was composure on front of goal. Cork took their chances, we didn't.

It wasn't a great game of football, Harps were brutal in the second half, Cork done what they had to do, and they'll probably win the division by about 10 or 15 points because nobody else seems to want to challenge them really.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Talk about stating the obvious! The point being made was that Bohs were pretty ordinary for a team 2nd in the league playing the basement club. Bit harsh using 'the worst' team as side will have off days but there isnt a huge amount between a lot of sides - Shels are top by just being unspectacular but well organised and efficient. If anyone is interested in seeing a cup tie type game, especially 1st half the one in Oriel is worth a look. Entertainment irrespective of goals and result. If and thats a big if Dundalk can play with the sort of intensity that they did tonight going forward then we will be making a good scrap of staying up. I dont think we'd get the space and time to score those sort of goals too often but the main thing is the chances were taken. Mountney on the right wing and drifting in was a menace. Worn out points but some old fashioned wing play and pushing on rather than slowing the tempo all the time, allowing teams to reset always, was a basic fix to just get in to the mix. It would probably be exposed by much better sides but right now we just need to be a bit better than the teams around us and build some form and hopefully a lot more momentum of adding points. Its certainly not a hopeless cause even if it is premature to start thinking we absolutely will work our way out of trouble.
    I just found it ironic that a supporter at a club rock bottom of the table is hammering Bohs for all their supposed shortcomings. If we are all these things and still up towards the top of the table, then I’m not sure what is says about Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Galway didn't deserve to win but didn't deserve to lose so a point was fair,imo.
    Rovers look devoid of quality in the final 3rd, which I guess can be put down to the current injury absentees. If the peno was converted I'd be fairly sure Rovers would have seen out the game comfortably. Conor McCormack is still an influential presence on the pitch and galway didn't lack for effort in their side
    On a side note the absolute state of the ref,he looked like a paddy daly clone from the 70's
    That bench said it all. Google didn’t even have the names of 3 of the players in the lineups. Just squad number and position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Shels wasted a few chances towards the end nonetheless it was a deserved win we are like night and day with Coyle in the middle of the park

Pats look like a mid-table team at best, those pre-season title challenge aspirations for them look to be hilarious now with so many bang average to poor signings over the past two seasons. Clancy had the axe dangling at this exact same stage of last season, the Drogheda and Sligo double header next weekend has to be make or break for Daly there as you can't imagine that Kelleher has suddenly become a more patient owner over the 12 months
    Derry get criticised for not getting results to challenge Rovers, but Pats always escape criticism.

They've got a decent budget and can bring back players from England.

Are the Pats people in the Media trying to avoid criticism as usual?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Derry get criticised for not getting results to challenge Rovers, but Pats always escape criticism.

I agree and that is one issue that relates to my underlying comment about their current on the field state. Kelleher has spent serious amounts of money since taking over Pats and apart from that brief 2012-2014 period under Buckley they have underperformed in this past decade and their two recent FAI cup wins again not propelling anything into a league challenge instead they have yet another sack the manager campaign from their fans
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    It was never a Bohs penalty that was missed. Very bad decision, which thankfully didn't effect the game.

Thought it was funny that Bohs had Che Guevara and Venezuelan flags that packed up and left with 10 minutes to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I just found it ironic that a supporter at a club rock bottom of the table is hammering Bohs for all their supposed shortcomings. If we are all these things and still up towards the top of the table, then I’m not sure what is says about Dundalk.
    Calm down lad, just thought I had never seen a league table lie as much as when this Bohs team was in second.

I mean, we all want our team to be overachieving, so congrats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post

Naw St Pats just tend to get just forgotten about, like a Dublin Finn Harps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Side note of the game in Oriel, the stadium announcer was particularly well behaved, music after goals, rambling announcements during play etc. I thought that he may have been on a night off be he announced the goalscorers. Fans listened to and probably a backlash over the S'OD incident and owner/CEO told him to tone it down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Calm down lad, just thought I had never seen a league table lie as much as when this Bohs team was in second.

I mean, we all want our team to be overachieving, so congrats.
    What is that old saying… “The table never lies”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    What is that old saying… “The table never lies”
    Always felt that should be the final table never lies!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Total rubbish from us first half, clawed our way back in after the break but the missed pen was crucial, why the **** Rooney didn’t take it I don’t know.
    Comeback fizzled out thereafter and Dundalk were denied a stonewalled by that clown of a ref later.
    They well deserved it and two great goals too , Rennie needs to kick some arses this week, at least six of this lot id not be sorry to see the back of.
    Fair play Dermo, also looked a clear pen from my view, and decent of you to mention the two quality goals too.

I think our last home win was v Bohs too, in Oct 2023, long time, 6 months.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    A magician. My favourite player in the league to watch. Superb last night.

https://x.com/droghedaunited/status/...hc_IALu9TUBX1A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Miss sitters and make awful defensive mistakes and you’ll lose,Cork didn’t get out of second gear and didn’t need to in the second half,we need a goal badly….
    Some brutal Harps finishing alright. Cork ok, just ok, but that's all they needed to be. At least that should be the last of the early KO matches.

Down in Waterford, thought it was handy enough for ourselves. Two marginal offside calls for the the awarding of the penalty and Hoban's disallowed header in the first half. Both probably correct.
    Second half, Waterford came into it a little bit more, but the second goal killed the game. Amond should certain have hit the target towards the end, instead hit the bar.

I'd be worried if I was a Waterford fan. They don't look to have improved much from the start of March. They just aren't scoring enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Fair play Dermo, also looked a clear pen from my view, and decent of you to mention the two quality goals too.

I think our last home win was v Bohs too, in Oct 2023, long time, 6 months.
    Highlights confirm it was a clear peno with Hennessy 2 meters away. Also the Bohs peno was incredibly soft, he's looking for it, again Hennessy standing right beside it, somehow doesn't see that McDaid is falling before he gets to Benson and even then the contact is minimal to non existent.

Didn't matter in the end but it's decisions like that which can cost teams dearly. When you are at the bottom and win less the officials need to be better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Any word on Longford getting a manager? 2 down at home to Wexford after 35 minutes….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Any word on Longford getting a manager? 2 down at home to Wexford after 35 minutes….
    Longford badly need to get someone in. Brutal first half from them tonight. Not a good crowd either.
    Longford made four subs at HT, improved from then on. Actually made the second half a decent watch. Thought they looked like they'd get an equaliser, but the red card ended that.
    Wexford was decent enough in the first, looked ropey at the back in the second.
    It is difficult to see where the win is coming from for Longford.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    It is difficult to see where the win is coming from for Longford.
    May 13th vs Treaty United.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    A magician. My favourite player in the league to watch. Superb last night.

https://x.com/droghedaunited/status/...hc_IALu9TUBX1A
    Agreed, a brilliant baller and adds that spark .
    I’d love him at bohs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast