Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend Friday 19th to Monday 22nd April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    As with all recent .
    Rovers matches when i see the team sheet i will know the result.

If its estentially the team that has played 9 and managed to beat the two promoted teams a poor sligo and a Bohs who didnt turn up in Tallaght then we will lose.
    If we have a few of the main players back we have a chance.
    Expect to see two keepers and a few academy kids who havent playhed a minute of first team football filling the bench but am living in hope
    You going to knock the beal bocht stuff on the head now! ?

Statement win from Rovers. 5 wins from 6 now and despite what sbgwa would have you believe Rovers really beginning to motor.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    3 wins on the bounce now for Bohs. And only 2 conceeded in their last 5.
    Reynolds seems to have made them quite solid, aside from the loss against Rovers in his first game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    It'll do, 1 point. Better stuff especially latter part of the 1st half after Sligo scored, like the shackles were off and played a bit. Favours elsewhere and we need them. Id take 9th and a playoff now especially v Cork if they choke. Watched Derry v Rovers too and Rovers never looked under any pressure - that high defensive line by Derry?? Ugh!! At least Dundalk can question the quality of players, Derry cant.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    You going to knock the beal bocht stuff on the head now! ?

Statement win from Rovers. 5 wins from 6 now and despite what sbgwa would have you believe Rovers really beginning to motor.
    By a street the best team and squad in the league. 5 or 6 injuries? Do me a favour you’ve a bench filled with loi regulars.
    Take the league easily, you’re years ahead.
    I’d say Higgins is a gonner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    How did a 8 year old get on the pitch in Derry,grab a flare and run down the pitch with it ??
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Sounds like an 8 year old out worked the entire Derry team tonight! Jokes aside Derry will probably be hit with a very significant fine for this.

On to the game I actually watched. I'm starting to see green shoots in how Reynolds wants to play and I think the players are buying into it as well. Getting rid of Devine at the time we did is looking better by the day with the turmoil at other clubs and precarious positions of other managers. Still need some defensive reinforcements imo but very happy with how things are looking. Defensively looking better and play moving forward is starting to improve. Big test will be Rovers in a few weeks.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Bad performance from Pats tonight. Struggled to create anything of note until the tripe sub of Mulraney, Forrester and Keating coming on after an hour and then scored 2 mins later. Put pressure on for the remainder then but couldn't create any proper chances to get the winner. Strange stuff from Long to opt to set up shop and defend for almost the entire second half, if they’d attempted to go for a second goal they could well have got it on the counter IMO with pats throwing bodies forward and the pace Waterford have on the wings. With that in mind a draw was probably a fair result. If pats play like that in the Brandywell and Tolka next week they’ll come away with nothing from either game
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Crazy that Bohs are second till Monday at least. Dayle Rooney is a cracking player too, wand of a left foot on him obviously but he had some lovely touches on the ball tonight as well. Reminds me of Keith Ward at his best for us during the Long years at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Was waiting for Rooney to get going. He was an assist king last season. 9 points in 7 days. What a week. Hope the team can keep improving under Rennie.
    Rovers motoring now, while Derry and Shels stutter. Considering who still has to come back from injury, it is all starting to look a bit ominous. Rovers real challenge will not be the winning the league but Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Daly and the players have been pushing the idea that we've played well and just been unlucky in tight games (sans Waterford away). While I think the latter is true to an extent, the former definitely isn't. The majority of our games have been close ones where you wouldn't have argued with them finishing a draw, but with the exception of beating Sligo 3-0 and the second half against Rovers none of them have been good performances. Another rough watch tonight where we huffed and puffed but struggled to create anything of note, though I'd expect all of Forrester, Keating, Palmer and Mulraney to start vs Derry which I somewhat blindly hope will improve matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Our record against the 3 teams I expect to fill the euro places with us this year has been a home draw with derry and away losses to shels and Pats. So I wasn't confident heading to Derry but that is some result last night...top of the league Monday???
    To answer WAR and will I quit the beal bocht now I didn't think I was, the teams we have been fielding are way weaker then they could be and I have felt that staying in touch would be good until we get some players back. The fact that we can go top Monday with a win is unbelievable. I wonder will Derry look at the bounce bohs have got replacing devine and move against Higgins.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    3 wins on the bounce now for Bohs. And only 2 conceeded in their last 5.
    Reynolds seems to have made them quite solid, aside from the loss against Rovers in his first game.
    I thought Bohs were very good in the first half Rooney was brilliant. In the second half Bohs stepped off a bit while Drogheda stepped up a bit and it made it an anxious watch. Overall Bohs deserved the win. The Keeper is playing well, defence is improving but still work to be done, midfield are hard working and creative, we just need to convert more of the opportunitys we are creating up top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Surely golden child Duff has to at least be feeling a bit under pressure now considering Shels have picked up just two points in their last four games? Not suggesting the sack for him - they are still top - but they are becoming a bit predictable and not that difficult to figure out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    I'm going to enjoy Shels sitting top of the table while it lasts because it isn't going to last. Some at Shels and sections of media have got sucked into early season hysteria that being top after a handful of games grinding out narrow wins was going to be sustainable to last 36 games while many of our deeper statistics are pointing towards struggles with possession and creating chances in the box. We are now starting to concede very sloppy goals like with Gannon bizarrely snoozing for Galway's goal

Mark Coyle being out for last nights game was a hammer blow we are like a different team missing it's engine in the middle of the park a void that Lunney and Caffrey cannot fill

Also another awful pitch to play football on at Eamon Deacy Park last night
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Kerry's unbeaten run came to an end. After going a goal up, arrogance crept in and then sloppiness. Hopefully lessons will be learned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Surely golden child Duff has to at least be feeling a bit under pressure now considering Shels have picked up just two points in their last four games? Not suggesting the sack for him - they are still top - but they are becoming a bit predictable and not that difficult to figure out
    irony of a galway fan saying this tbf. 6 goals in 10 games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Go lie down in a room love - we are as predictable as you can get, six goals scored but also just the six conceded, horrible to play against and horrible to watch but when survival is the main goal on our first season back in seven years, we’ll take that all day long

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    In fairness if Shels match last year's achievement of qualifying for Europe Duff will have done an amazing job. The idea he's under pressure because of a small bad run is silly. They're never going to win the league this year and expectations shouldn't be based on that

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Treaty appalling in Bray in the first half, lucky not to be 3 down. Bit better in the second, but a lot of these players just have nothing about them in terms of presence or creativity.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    In fairness if Shels match last year's achievement of qualifying for Europe Duff will have done an amazing job. The idea he's under pressure because of a small bad run is silly. They're never going to win the league this year and expectations shouldn't be based on that
    Yeah far too early to say Duff is under pressure. They are in a similar places to Bohs this time last year. Great first round of games and starting to fall off a bit. If they can steady the ship they can still easily qualify for Europe. Just look at how close Bohs got with a frankly terrible second half of the season! Missing Coyle is a massive blow for them though. Once he's back results should turn around. I was saying to the lads in front of me last night that if Coyle isn't I'm the team for Shels you'd nearly put the house on Galway. They're a hard team to break down and if they get 1 they'll happily sit back and from the sounds of it that's more or less what happened

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast