Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford (H)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Longford (H)

A basement battle sees the bottom of the table visitors travel to Tralee, in a game that could catapult us above Bray and Cobh, should a win be recorded and other results go our way. That, in and of itself, demonstrates how little separates Kerry from the other sides in the lower half of the table this season, with the Kingdom aiming to go seven games unbeaten in all competitions on Friday. That said, the Strokestown Road outfit have shown their battling qualities in recent games, holding Cobh to a 1-1 draw away yesterday, and restricting UCD to a 2-1 scoreline the previous Friday. It remains to be seen whether the current injury pile-up will lessen to any degree, but in the absence of any developments, one would expect an unchanged line-up for this week's encounter. It certainly appears a gilt-edged opportunity to break the winning duck at home, but given the trends for both sides, another 1-1 draw would surprise few.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I think it was after the Treaty and Bray games that I said Kerry should be confident of getting a win against the majority of teams in the First Division, despite the poor win record. The run of five draws signals Kerry's competitiveness anyway. Far better that losing a string of games by the odd goal.
    The pessimistic view point for Friday is that Longford will capitalise on the pressure and expectation on Kerry to get that elusive home league win. It's a new pressure for Kerry to deal with. Expectation can lead to frustration if not delivered on.
    If Samuel Aladesanusi was still on the park, Kerry might have beaten Wexford. The positive against UCD is that Kerry created that late goal chance to win it. Frustrating that it was flagged offside but very positive that they created that opportunity.
    Hopefully Kerry's consistent form will see them finally get over the line and secure that home win. Kerry have stopped teams walking away with 3 points. Time to stop opponents walking away with a share of the spoils.

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    I have only being at one of our games so far this season I am not that impressed with us yet. I made it down to Lissywoolen and made a superb start but in the second half we were extremely poor. Judging by other town fans posts we could have our work cut out!

Im finally making down to Tralee this Friday as I was meant to go down last season only that I suffered a bereavement and couldnt make it down.

Whats directions to ground from the train station there lads?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I have only being at one of our games so far this season I am not that impressed with us yet. I made it down to Lissywoolen and made a superb start but in the second half we were extremely poor. Judging by other town fans posts we could have our work cut out!

Im finally making down to Tralee this Friday as I was meant to go down last season only that I suffered a bereavement and couldnt make it down.

If you take the left hand exit from the train station, you'll see the sign for the Greenway straight across from you, and it's just a short walk along there straight to Mounthawk Park.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    The club have shared on Twitter that tomorrow night's game marks the 50th competitive fixture as a senior club!
    44 League - 2 FAI Cup - 3 Munster Senior Cup
    Word has it that tomorrow night's game is 100 short of being the first sellout of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Is tonight the night? I'm going for dogged 1 nil win in front of 950 fans. Sam to score.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    In all recent games I've expected a step back before two steps forward. The two draws at the end of last season was Kerry's first unbeaten run! I'm a bit cautious about this evening. It'll be great to see the recent good form finally converted into a win. Again, despite Kerry's win record, there should be confidence of picking up wins against the majority in the division on any given evening.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think Longford are better than their results suggest. A few sloppy second half goals conceded has cost them at least 2 wins this season. This one will be a battle and whoever wants it most will probably prevail. Great to hear ticket sales going well for this also. 2-1 Kerry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I think Longford are better than their results suggest. A few sloppy second half goals conceded has cost them at least 2 wins this season. This one will be a battle and whoever wants it most will probably prevail. Great to hear ticket sales going well for this also. 2-1 Kerry.
    Meant to say can you pay on the gate Zico?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    A strong starting XI from Kerry. Okwute, Kelliher and Amechi are all starting. Kos drops to the bench. Same Starting XI as the games against Cobh home, Athlone away and Treaty home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Two well taken goals. Should be 3-0 up at half-time. Amechi fluffed his lines at the vital moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Great win! Fully deserved. Three very well taken goals.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Wouldn't be one bit surprised if yee give someone a good hiding soon, from watching the Treaty league match.
    I'll just leave this here lads

#calledit
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I'll just leave this here lads

#calledit
    We've all been waiting for it! The win has been coming. Up to 8th. 3 points off the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post

https://twitter.com/LTFCFanTV/status...VEpzEdGJQ&s=19

Fair play to all the traveling support. Not the most pleasant evening weather wise for visiting Kerry.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Great night. 3 brilliant goals. This team is not only skillful but honest and hard working with it. Supporters really taking to them. Looked a bigger crowd than 683. On to Treaty now and hopefully we can get big following like the Cork game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great performance and result - it has been coming to be fair. We never looked like conceding a goal last night and probably should have put 4 or 5 past them. This team is gelling really well, the balance of the new signings and our younger players developing in their second season is testament to the coaching team and recruitment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    I thorughly enjoyed my first ever visit to Mounthawk Park. Its some setup Kerry FC has. We look a very tired looking club with a lack of energy from mgt, players ,board and our support base. I have been following my local side since late 1980s; its easily our worst ever side since time we finished bottom of the club in 97/98 season.

Tralee seems a real soccer hotbed unlike us. And very progressive and very well organised club. So many different shops in ground and acceptin dr card payments.

In our 100th anniversary I have never being so disillusioned with the running of the club that doenst accept fans criticism. I confronted our club secretary over the press release at Waterford game last season following our game against ye in Tralee and told him he should go as a lot of our fan group were disillusioned and disgusted with the tone last season.

The thanks I got was a 7 game home ban which only ends at the end of this mth.

Keep up the great work Kerry FC ye are a gem of a club well ahead of schedule!

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinho ii View Post
    i thorughly enjoyed my first ever visit to mounthawk park. Its some setup kerry fc has. We look a very tired looking club with a lack of energy from mgt, players ,board and our support base. I have been following my local side since late 1980s; its easily our worst ever side since time we finished bottom of the club in 97/98 season.

Tralee seems a real soccer hotbed unlike us. And very progressive and very well organised club. So many different shops in ground and acceptin dr card payments.

In our 100th anniversary i have never being so disillusioned with the running of the club that doenst accept fans criticism. I confronted our club secretary over the press release at waterford game last season following our game against ye in tralee and told him he should go as a lot of our fan group were disillusioned and disgusted with the tone last season.

The thanks i got was a 7 game home ban which only ends at the end of this mth.

Keep up the great work kerry fc ye are a gem of a club well ahead of schedule!
    ****ing lol
    Sporting F*ck All!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    ****ing lol
    Shows the class of your post. You are simply the secretarys servant. another to add to my ignore list.