Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches Friday 29th March to Monday April 1st

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Our goal came from a lumped route-one ball from Mark Connolly that was cut out and played back up the pitch, so I would not be throwing any stones in that greenhouse of yours just yet. As you said, we had 2 shots on target, ye had one (that was blocked by Walsh late in the game). Maybe we deserve a little bit more credit
    Put your dukes down hi. I said we played muck football and didn't have a shot on target. My comment was exclusively about our dreadful defending and nothing to do with how Galway went about their business. Fair play to yis, great win, but you understand as a Derry fan that's not at the forefront of my mind at 9.45pm last night.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    So in the quiet afterglow of a great win for us and tbh i was nervous enough before the match about the outcome. Given the media commentary regarding Matchday income last night and it being in excess/comparative of Prizemoney for winning the cup/league and the possibility of 3/4 more 10 k crowds along with regular enough 6/7/8K ers thrown in the mix r we heading to a Rosenberg type dominance of the League. Is that healthy??? For me i think its so important that we now get counterbalance asap with Bohs being the obvious club. That pending new stadium being completed as soon as possible with the increased income stream and the massive potential that the club has then to grow can only help our league. Last night Bohs i would think could of brought another 1500 fans so the potential for this fixture still has a way to go and i think if Bohs have a 10 k stadium they would similarly easily put 9k of their fans and a 1k of ours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Yeah we were really poor. Agree about Jamie Lennon, really had an off night. Kian Leavy seems to start every game flying and then tails off, he still looked our most creative player last night. We were hanging on to get that point in the end, and I honestly thought Drogheda were going to score. Big improvement needed on Monday, especially with Sligo going so well, and as for next Friday against the other Rovers, I dread to think ......
    I’ve been a bit shocked at how flat we have been this season. After the cup win last season I thought we would kick on and at least make an attempt at the title. It’s two tough games next week and it’s hard to see us pick up two wins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    So in the quiet afterglow of a great win for us and tbh i was nervous enough before the match about the outcome. Given the media commentary regarding Matchday income last night and it being in excess/comparative of Prizemoney for winning the cup/league and the possibility of 3/4 more 10 k crowds along with regular enough 6/7/8K ers thrown in the mix r we heading to a Rosenberg type dominance of the League. Is that healthy??? For me i think its so important that we now get counterbalance asap with Bohs being the obvious club. That pending new stadium being completed as soon as possible with the increased income stream and the massive potential that the club has then to grow can only help our league. Last night Bohs i would think could of brought another 1500 fans so the potential for this fixture still has a way to go and i think if Bohs have a 10 k stadium they would similarly easily put 9k of their fans and a 1k of ours.
    Ehhh we are 10 points behind and the figs circulating look very high for matchday income. 5000 season tickets means we sold 5000 others @15 avg = 75k. I don't think the chip vans paid 50k to sell chips. I'd love a rosenberg scenario BTW but we are miles off that yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Higgins might have liquidated whatever remaining credit he had in the bank with that muck tonight. Disgraceful showing.
    Friday night was a like a flick being switched. I've been fairly sick of our style of play for a while, but the crowd's patience went on Friday night. Boos at HT and FT. The ground was pretty empty come FT. Only a goal down, but we all knew there was no chance we were scoring.
    Went out for a few pints after, the chat with other fans was bordering on toxic.
    If we're going to be as boring as that, we need to be winning.

Higgins is in bother, but he seems to have realised it, going by his interviews this weekend.

On Galway, fair play to them. We all knew how they would approach the game, and truth be told, should probably have won by a greater margin. They should be fine this year to stay up.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Friday night was a like a flick being switched. I've been fairly sick of our style of play for a while, but the crowd's patience went on Friday night. Boos at HT and FT. The ground was pretty empty come FT. Only a goal down, but we all knew there was no chance we were scoring.
    Went out for a few pints after, the chat with other fans was bordering on toxic.

Higgins is in bother, but he seems to have realised it, going by his interviews this weekend.

On Galway, fair play to them. We all knew how they would approach the game, and truth be told, should probably have won by a greater margin. They should be fine this year to stay up.
    What did higgins say in interviews?
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post

When he was appointed, there were murmurings that Paul Hegarty was brought in with a view to taking over as manager once Higgins inevitably got the boot. Might be sooner rather than later.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Well SK refused to entertain an approach from Bohs( not too unhappy with that btw),
    I reckon a billionaire owner and a free hand back in Derry would be where his eye is. Be a good fit too I’d say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    What did higgins say in interviews?
    Said it was unacceptable, his responsibility, he understood why people booed, and so on.
    Also admitted we were pedestrian. He wouldn't usually come across as strong as that, which makes me think he'll have to change things.
    The Derry Journal article covers most it.
    https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/f...dywell-4574771

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Shame there isn’t a 3pm KO to bridge the gap between the Louth Derby and the 5pm kick offs

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Well, there's two in the First...

12. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Galway Utd v Bohs on Virgin 2 this evening, not sure what time, it's either 7:45pm or a quarter to 8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Well its was a must not lose game, 20 mins with an extra man and its a big opportunity not to drop points. May have the exact figures off but I thik it was said that there has been 17 red cards in the last 34 Louth derbies. Last 0-0 in Oriel was 1992. People critical of the ref ut I think he did most things right, I was more furstrated with players stopping expecting a whistle for well everything rather than playing the whistle - players were about to argue about something not being a free before realising the whistle hadnt been blown. Then the ref gives an arguably harsh red for a professional foul, looked like there was plenty of cover. Davies 2nd yellow incident, he was never never fouled, but kick the ball away and get carded and dont know what the first yellow was for. Both sides could have win it, neither were pressing too hard in fear of losing. Goals a problem for Dundalk and Drogheda still habitually letting good potential points slip. I think Dundalk are improving but not by nearly enough - more definisively sound recently, a bit more composed on the ball but cluseless in cutting a side open. Only an couple of key injuries from losing any of the built composure. Benson has a horrow show with the set piece.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    There is something to be said for these earlier BH KOs. 5pm is a nice time to drag.. I mean bring the kids to a match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Franz Pierrot seems to have struggled with the step up,seems to be too quick for him so far from the bits I’ve seen of him…
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Could do with the neighbours equalising at home to Longford, which is rather a unique position for Kerry folk to find themselves in ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Hayden Cann looks excellent for Drogheda. Hadn't seen him before Friday but he's been the best player on the pitch in both of these games.

En route to Richmond and not feeling confident in the slightest.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    The first goal Kerry have conceded in the first-half since the opening day, and indeed, the first time they've trailed since playing Treaty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Terrible miss by greener for a header in the first half but rovers look better overall. Bring Clarke and honohan on for towell and poom would be my hope for second half

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckett View Post
    Galway Utd v Bohs on Virgin 2 this evening, not sure what time, it's either 7:45pm or a quarter to 8
    There's at least half dozen reasons to tune in, or 6 reasons.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast