Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cobh (H)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Cobh (H)

If there were indications in the previous two games that Kerry were capable of securing points, but didn't take advantage of their dominance at various periods of both matches, then last Friday was the culmination of that gradual improvement, being fully deserving of the point secured in the Midlands. Kavanagh and Dolia are still a week away from returning to the squad, according to the Monday press conference, but other than that, Conor McCarthy has a full squad from which to select. Cobh have naturally improved substantially from their last visit to Mounthawk Park in February, battling from 3-1 down to secure a point at home to Athlone, followed by a noteworthy victory in Ballybofey, but while such feats mean the Rams certainly shouldn't be underestimated, there's no reason why we shouldn't be capable or hopeful of repeating that MSC victory on Friday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Despite Kerry's win record, Kerry should be confident of beating the majority of the teams in the division. The visit of Cobh presents yet another opportunity for that elusive first home league win. My optimismic prediction is a 2-1 home win. If Kelliher is starting and injury free, two goals from him. Third home game of the season. Time to deliver!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    1 nil home win for me to finally get that win. Sean Mcgrath goal. Probably being optimistic with a crowd of 800 but here's hoping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Same starting XI as last time out. The only change in the matchday squad sees sub goalkeeper Darragh Foley come in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Despite Kerry's win record, Kerry should be confident of beating the majority of the teams in the division. The visit of Cobh presents yet another opportunity for that elusive first home league win. My optimismic prediction is a 2-1 home win. If Kelliher is starting and injury free, two goals from him. Third home game of the season. Time to deliver!
    "90 | Ryan Kelliher with a big chance but drags his effort low and it's comfortable for Burke. 4 minutes added

Kerry FC 1-1 Cobh Ramblers"

My prediction was nearly right and this was the moment. I'm not being critical of management in asking this; would a more experienced manager in the LoI get this group winning?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Another point picked up despite playing poorly and second best for long periods of the game. That’s the most positive aspect of the last 2 games. Squad depth will be an issue as the season goes on though, we need the new signings back fit and playing quickly to freshen things up. Disappointing attendance again (510), although I thought it felt more like 700 - stand alone was 80% full which is 400 or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Poor performance alright but at least we're getting points on the board. Mccarthy my man of match. Honourable mentions to Tuta and Victor.