Treaty v Bray
    UCD V Wexford

Saturday 9th

Longford v Cork (19:30)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    The relegation battle gets serious with a win for Dundalk at Pats putting Rovers bottom of the table heading to the free scoring Sligo on Saturday.
    Bohs v Shels has a big match feel even at this early stage given the supporter unrest there and Shels topping the league wont be going down well on De North side.
    Derry still have a lot to prove imo and wouldnt be surprised if Waterford get something up there , drawing with us in Tallaght isnt a great form guide (ahem Dundalk).
    Galway have a real chance to pull an early season 6 pointer against Drogs who everyone now seems to be tipping for the drop.

Treaty have a very winnable match with a poor Bray team to go 4 from 4 and Harps must be strong favs to continue their good start against Cobh.
    Its early days but Cork dont look as good as the odds suggested and Harps look better.....title fever in Donegal ??

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    An entirely useless stat for the thread - due to the quirks of the LoI fixture calendar, Friday will be Kerry's first excursion outside of Munster (and indeed any further than County Cork) since travelling to Ballybofey on September 29th.

4. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    All Prem matches bar Derry to get north of 4K?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Friday's another "Club Night" in Terryland. Loads of tickets distributed to local clubs. They did this last season for the Cobh game and had a full-house, 4,300.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Can't see many Dundalk fans in Richmond on Friday, mainly because were awful and another hiding is the most likely outcome.

But also partly because of the ticket price. €24 (€22 + €2 admin) for an adult ticket must be the most expensive in the league and doesn't guarantee you a seat or cover. Also very limited student and concession tickets. I get early access as St holder and they were all gone before I got there, so for me, my dad (OAP) and my son (student) would be full adult price (€72), not many can afford that. Same issue at Bohs re concessions, gone before you get in to buy it seems. Do clubs set their own number of concessions?

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Can't see many Dundalk fans in Richmond on Friday, mainly because were awful and another hiding is the most likely outcome.

But also partly because of the ticket price. €24 (€22 + €2 admin) for an adult ticket must be the most expensive in the league and doesn't guarantee you a seat or cover. Also very limited student and concession tickets. I get early access as St holder and they were all gone before I got there, so for me, my dad (OAP) and my son (student) would be full adult price (€72), not many can afford that. Same issue at Bohs re concessions, gone before you get in to buy it seems. Do clubs set their own number of concessions?
    I know a few Dundalk lads who have bought home tickets for terrace and will just stand behind the goals beside the away section. Saved a €5 each

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Big game on Friday for Bohs. The team very obviously had no plan vs Drogheda so need to see some semblance of organisation against a very organised Shels team who are on the crest of a wave at the minute. If Bohs continue to play as poorly as they have for the back end of last season and the start of this one I expect it to get pretty restless.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Good chance for Treaty to go 4/4 against Bray, although I'd take a point.

The highs of Monday for Kerry will make them forget about Friday's defeat to Treaty. I'd fancy them to get a result in Athlone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Three points an absolute must for Pats tomorrow night. The keeper surely has to be replaced, and I’d ditch the three at the back too. Keating needs more support up front, I’d play Leavy as a No 10 with him. He’s such a good ball carrier, I think we need to get him doing that more on the edge of the box. If we make those changes I’d be hopeful of winning. Waterford was our worst display yet, I actually thought we were decent in spells against both Bohs and Derry. Some people seem to be turning on Daly already, which is just mental after 4 games.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Yeah you should be building that team around Leavy. Rare to get that combination of dribbling and pace at this level of football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    An entirely useless stat for the thread - due to the quirks of the LoI fixture calendar, Friday will be Kerry's first excursion outside of Munster (and indeed any further than County Cork) since travelling to Ballybofey on September 29th.
    Nothing useless about that stat. Its exactly the type of thing us LoI fanatics thrive on, especially now that us long term fans have to mix with all these annoying smelly newbies telling us that we should go to a LoI game cause its really cool! Dundalk aside we should change the attendance thread to infestation thread....I liked having an almost entire terrace in Dalymount or the like to roam around. No pleasing some of us
    Last edited by Nesta99; 07/03/2024 at 11:00 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Nothing useless about that stat. Its exactly the type of thing us LoI fanatics thrive on, especially now that us long term fans have to mix with all these annoying smelly newbies telling us that we should go to a LoI game cause its really cool! Dundalk aside we should change the attendance thread to infestation thread....I liked having a almost an entire terrace in Dalymount or the like to roam around. No pleasing some of us
    No pleasing us is right! A part of me thought the same at the Pats and Bohs game in Inchicore when absolutely crammed in together on the Camac, I couldn’t help but have a small part of me that misses having the ability to rock up 5 minutes before kickoff and have more or less the pick of which spot you wanted to lean on the barrier. Nowadays the barrier is prime real estate that you have to be in the ground early to have any chance of getting a spot on one!
    Paaatrick's Agletic

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Three points an absolute must for Pats tomorrow night. The keeper surely has to be replaced, and I’d ditch the three at the back too. Keating needs more support up front, I’d play Leavy as a No 10 with him. He’s such a good ball carrier, I think we need to get him doing that more on the edge of the box. If we make those changes I’d be hopeful of winning. Waterford was our worst display yet, I actually thought we were decent in spells against both Bohs and Derry. Some people seem to be turning on Daly already, which is just mental after 4 games.
    Dont worry too much about the keeper, Dundalk defend like early 2023 season St Pats. No advocate for long ball but a few punts over the top, some sensible running the line and with pace and we're goosed. I cant see us holding out if we sit in either. If St Pats dont turn it on it could be poor fare, and for €22 + change. I cant travel and Im even wondering if I will watch on LoITV, I know if I do subscribe for the game and its car crash stuff I wont be able to not watch - old style LoI masochist!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    No pleasing us is right! A part of me thought the same at the Pats and Bohs game in Inchicore when absolutely crammed in together on the Camac, I couldn’t help but have a small part of me that misses having the ability to rock up 5 minutes before kickoff and have more or less the pick of which spot you wanted to lean on the barrier. Nowadays the barrier is prime real estate that you have to be in the ground early to have any chance of getting a spot on one!
    I dont know your vintage 2YC but I think I am now the sort of fan that I used to listen to talk about the good old days, like when the Oriel Park pitch was 90 degress to what it is now never mind plastic. I will adapt but yeah queues, sold out games, sold out programmes, closest atms to grounds empty, I should have been careful for what I wished for! The next think will be going to see a LoI game in a stadium instead of a ground...

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Big game on Friday for Bohs. The team very obviously had no plan vs Drogheda so need to see some semblance of organisation against a very organised Shels team who are on the crest of a wave at the minute. If Bohs continue to play as poorly as they have for the back end of last season and the start of this one I expect it to get pretty restless.
    The bookies put up Bohs as favs for this ( Shels just gone fav on betfair), hard to see why, Shels are so well organised and look like they will improve on their good start and possibly be in the mix this year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    The bookies put up Bohs as favs for this ( Shels just gone fav on betfair), hard to see why, Shels are so well organised and look like they will improve on their good start and possibly be in the mix this year.
    From my experience bookies will care very little about LOI odds and generally home team will be the favourite unless the home team is newly promoted or the away team was league winner/cup winner. It's not a big money market for most bookies with any horse race is probably doing significantly higher in terms of total stakes than even the biggest LOI games. If you're betting regularly on LOI games and winning you'll likely see your max stake restricted on those markets very quickly and if any sort of money goes on an LOI game it's usually a red flag that something is up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    From my experience bookies will care very little about LOI odds and generally home team will be the favourite unless the home team is newly promoted or the away team was league winner/cup winner. It's not a big money market for most bookies with any horse race is probably doing significantly higher in terms of total stakes than even the biggest LOI games. If you're betting regularly on LOI games and winning you'll likely see your max stake restricted on those markets very quickly and if any sort of money goes on an LOI game it's usually a red flag that something is up.

Bookies copy all their odds from the asian markets and add their own margin to those prices. from midday onwards LOI prem is a decent market in asia, limits go much bigger and increase as kick off nears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    All Prem matches bar Derry to get north of 4K?
    Surprised ye haven’t sold all the allocation yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Jack B still unavailable for Rovers…. Having been told by Bradley on a weekly basis that “… he should be ready this week…” now no mention of a return date … starting to become ‘worrying’ at this stage

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast