Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Matches weekend 8th 9th March 2024

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Cobh defended fantastically tbf to them and deserved the win. Ref was awful though?
    Don't know why there is a question mark there!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    And yet you still mention them in your post for some reason. When someone or something is truly irrelevant to you, you don’t even think about them/it, never mind writing about it.
    They were shels opposition tonight in the game I was watching. That's as much interest as they held/hold for me.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Can't fault Cobh, came up with a job to do and probably deserved their win, but officials were a disgrace in Finn Park.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Brave (and correct) calls by Daly to drop Pitaluga and switch back to the 4-3-3 of last season. Pats not at full steam still but created loads of chances in the second half in particular in a spell where Dundalk looked very disjointed as a team defensively. Andy Boyle is an absolute shadow of his former self to the point where he actually looks like a weak link within their defence which is mad to say. Without putting away that second goal though there was always a potential to throw away 2 points and Dundalk had a couple of decent long range efforts as well as getting in behind once but Gullan was stopped by a superb tackle by Luke Turner who was brilliant throughout
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Made harder work of that than we should have but we deserved to win. Really should have scored a 2nd and Dundalk had some decent long range shots that just went wide. Turner and Lennon were both very good and Rogers was solid for the most part. 4-3-3 looked better suited for us attacking wise anyway.

Dundalk played some OK stuff at times in the 2nd half attacking but were a mess defensively at times. Horgan looked well off the pace tonight and Benson looks like he's lost a step or two now also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    opps wrong quote...

Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    . I've given up even caring what boez do tbh, they are so irrelevant in the big scheme of things.
    Yeah you have said that Dundalk are your favourite rivals previously. Pity they dont award Dublin Derby titles, Bohs could reminisce about that former period of dominance.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/03/2024 at 11:20 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    So SO’D and Deccy Devine now under massive pressure next week? Be great if Bohs could get a result in Derry which would also keep DD in a job. Reckon if SOD could get a consistent squad he might be a good manager.

I think Bohs will be fine but Dundalk might be a struggle this yr

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    opps wrong quote...

Yeah you have said that Dundalk are your favourite rivals previously. Pity they dont award Dublin Derby titles, Bohs could reminisce about that former period of dominance.
    dundalk aren’t one of our “rivals”! It’s Bohs then Shels. For me Cork next but others might have Pats / Dundalk. Can depend on success but will always be Bohs and Shels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    dundalk aren’t one of our “rivals”! It’s Bohs then Shels. For me Cork next but others might have Pats / Dundalk. Can depend on success but will always be Bohs and Shels
    PC has a personal love for Dundalk FC, true love, not the irrelevant Bohs bunch!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    PC has a personal love for Dundalk FC, true love, not the irrelevant Bohs bunch!
    Finally,Finally something we can agree on Nesta!!
    I've grown up hating dundalk more than bohs ,this is very true.
    My comments in regards to bohs are they are so far off competing for titles at this moment that they are not a concern for me ,or most other Rovers fans I'd say -They are our traditional rivals this is true,but not everyone has to think the same I'd guess. Plenty of Rovers fans in ballyfermot ,for example will tell you they hate Pats most because of their own geographical location.
    The Bohs- Rovers thing was built up through resentment by bohs of Rovers stealing all their pkayers,and rightfully so might I add!!

I just remember seeing dundalk in Miltown in 19 hundred and eighty two ,and them looking like monsters,with Martin Lawlor akin to the missing link. Things etched in your memory I guess.
    There's a whole population of LOI fans who hate Rovers more than anyone for a whole load of reasons,not all of them to do with Rovers success on the pitch - That's just how it works I guess.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Will Aidan fitzgypo be declaring tonight that it might already be too late for Rovers to win the league, with Shels an insurmountable 11 points clear of the Champions. Poor enough game although in fairness the surface looked poor and made it a bit of a leveller. Joey O'Brien and his media monkey are doing a fine job there at shels,fair play. I've given up even caring what boez do tbh, they are so irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Ah here Fitzgypo, yer better than that PC and I would not be mocking any team as its always comes back to bite ye, but it is strange how Bohs have come into the season with such a poor squad given their in the main for many good public profile and having someone of Fenlons experience on board. As for our beloved hoops, we really do need the 3 points tonite, is a must win game? absolutely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    The Premier Division is the competitive division expected afternoon the promotion of Galway and Waterford, despite their defeat to Derry last night. With Cork likely to replace whoever is relegated this year, the Premier Division should remain competitive for the foreseeable future. Outside of that 11, Treaty are the next club who should have the resources to compete. 2,179 in the MF last night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Ah here Fitzgypo, yer better than that PC and I would not be mocking any team as its always comes back to bite ye, but it is strange how Bohs have come into the season with such a poor squad given their in the main for many good public profile and having someone of Fenlons experience on board. As for our beloved hoops, we really do need the 3 points tonite, is a must win game? absolutely.
    No, we don't need 3 point's at all tonight, although I agree a win would be nice. This is a marathon not a sprint. Bohs were something like 8/10 points ahead of Rovers at the start of last season (I think...??!) and yet finished a distance behind. If Rovers were playing gash I'd be worried,but we're doing fine. Be patient,mate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Finally,Finally something we can agree on Nesta!!
    I've grown up hating dundalk more than bohs ,this is very true.
    My comments in regards to bohs are they are so far off competing for titles at this moment that they are not a concern for me ,or most other Rovers fans I'd say -They are our traditional rivals this is true,but not everyone has to think the same I'd guess. Plenty of Rovers fans in ballyfermot ,for example will tell you they hate Pats most because of their own geographical location.
    The Bohs- Rovers thing was built up through resentment by bohs of Rovers stealing all their pkayers,and rightfully so might I add!!

I just remember seeing dundalk in Miltown in 19 hundred and eighty two ,and them looking like monsters,with Martin Lawlor akin to the missing link. Things etched in your memory I guess.
    There's a whole population of LOI fans who hate Rovers more than anyone for a whole load of reasons,not all of them to do with Rovers success on the pitch - That's just how it works I guess.
    The reason if you don't mind my saying that Shams are hated for reasons nothing to do with football is down to the quantities of obnoxious vermin who attach themselves to the club which according to Von Trampes Constant is exactly equal to the amount of the same attached to all other LOI teams at any given time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Poor game in Terryland last night, but the wind absolutely levelled any chance of a decent football match happening. Drogs solely came to defend and eke out a point, and they can say 'job done'. Galway huffed and puffed and had some half chances but both sides had a hard time fighting a wind that seemed to be swirling in circles around the ground. Now, it probably was a penalty that Drogs could have had, but had they scored it, it would have been against the run of general play I feel. The continued full houses are very welcoming though. This fixture 10-15 years ago may have had 7 or 800 at it.
    Last edited by CorribsideSteve; 09/03/2024 at 9:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I do yeah. Devine for me is the tip of the iceberg. Squad lacks quality and is filled with unproven players from outside of the league. Any team playing us will be licking their lips.
    Same. Every Bohs fan should be worried about what's on the pitch. There's no leadership, no fight, no quality. I don't think he's brilliant by any stretch but Dylan Connolly looks like one of the few who actually gives a ****. I'd say it's going to get worse before it gets better too. You'd have to hope that the first round of games is a write-off to allow the squad get used to each other and then pick up enough points from there on to be above the play-off.

The pitch doesn't help, it's awful.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    I'm inclined to disagree on the squad lacking quality. I think a good manager would be able to get something out of the players there. McDonnell & Clarke are very good midfielders and are showing up week in week out, Connolly is putting in a shift every week but there is no plan to actually use his pace or put him into space to run like there would be with any other team. Cian Byrne is playing well and for the most part I think Flores is actually a fine CB. The big problem is there no plan when we have possession, we're slow in transition and there's no plan other than bodies behind the ball in defence. The coaching is terrible and has been since Devine was hired. He had 1 good series of games last season and then the team fell off a cliff. He should have been sacked after the shambles of a performance in the cup final.
    There'll probably be a whack of "who the f*ck is that guy" to this post (and fair enough) but I disagree completely with the first two parts in bold. Adam McDonnell in CM - no offence to the guy - is not what is going to have a good PD team where they want to be. He is extremely limited - and if one was to assign 'labels' to players, as the 'enforcer' in mf he's not anywhere near it. And Flores is not a good CB. He doesn't have the natural inclination for it (not saying our other CBs do either :-) ) and it shows imo, and worse, you then miss out on utilising in front of the back 4 where he should be playing as a deep-lying conductor. Ask why the ball has gone back to the keeper so often in the first few matches and where has Flores played? he is one who wants the ball but there are so few options around him. Flores playing further forward would move Bohs 15 yds further up the pitch - and would make life easier for Clarke and Piszcezk too. That is on Devine.

Devine is not up to managing a club with ambition (notional or not). Bohs are lucky in one way that others have started so poorly too,
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Clarke, farrugia, Byrne, kavanagh mcaneff and probably Burke out. I'd take a point tonight but expect to lose if I'm honest, hard to see where the goals will come from with the shortage of fit creative players. Our gamble on semi permanently fit players may pay off in the long run but I think we won't be able to rely on derry to throw it away with bad results this year ....hoban will make the difference for them in tight matches

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Much improved Dundalk performance, but that wouldn't have been hard after Monday. Pats were just ok I thought, overall not a great game, we can't really have too many complaints, 1 shot (tame) on target.

Bottom on merit.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    No, we don't need 3 point's at all tonight, although I agree a win would be nice. This is a marathon not a sprint. Bohs were something like 8/10 points ahead of Rovers at the start of last season (I think...??!) and yet finished a distance behind. If Rovers were playing gash I'd be worried,but we're doing fine. Be patient,mate.
    Wasn't it 13 at one point? We had the worst start of any LoI champion in history.

We'll be fine as you say. Derry and Shels will be up there though. Hoban is a huge addition if he stays fit and Shels have continued as they finished last season even without Moylan. Pats should do better as the season goes on.

Clarke should be back in a week or two which will make a huge difference. Himself and Burns should be enough on either side while we wait for Farrugia.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast