Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What more do they want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

What more do they want?

What a disgrsceful turnout on friday night.4th in the league,8 games unbeaten and they still dont come.I couldnt believe the response i got when i asked people were they going to the match "Sure there not even going to win anything this year",we won our first senior trophy in 2003 and now we are expected to win everything!Its the typical gaa mindset in that the cup is more important.Sure maybe more will come after fridays result but even if they do,it'll still be a pitiful attendance compared to the rest of the league.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    What a disgrsceful turnout on friday night.4th in the league,8 games unbeaten and they still dont come.I couldnt believe the response i got when i asked people were they going to the match "Sure there not even going to win anything this year",we won our first senior trophy in 2003 and now we are expected to win everything!Its the typical gaa mindset in that the cup is more important.Sure maybe more will come after fridays result but even if they do,it'll still be a pitiful attendance compared to the rest of the league.
    Extremely disappointing crowd on Friday night, most people only go to cup games so I suppose their season is over. Time for the club to think of new ways to bring people back to Flancare and filling the seats again
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    they were not even coming out for the cup games!!!! 860 was our home gate in the cup v ucd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! given longford folk a lot of success over the last few years and they are still not interested unless it is a semi or final or european game! and we are challenging for 3rd in league!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Extremely disappointing crowd on Friday night, most people only go to cup games so I suppose their season is over. Time for the club to think of new ways to bring people back to Flancare and filling the seats again

Pardon me if im overcritical but ever try playing attractive football week in week out and not ristrict yourself to booting it up at every given chance. Friday nite saw us keep it on the deck more often then not and it yielded an emphatic 3-0 win despite the opposition its shows us we can do it(score that is).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    tight next season, i think ur a season ahead of urself, the rest of this season aint goona be plain sailing in the finanical sense
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ufea income ???? it cost us money, bringin 25 people away aint cheap and setanta cup was a disaster due to security costs.......

lets face it cpl are the only shining light so far this season, along with the garto transfer money.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wasn't at the last game and I can't see myself going anytime soon. It has nothing to do with the degree to which the club is successful. I've become fed up of the calibre of person that attends LTFC games. While I acknowledge that many decent people attend de Town games, I believe that a substantial proportion of the fanbase can only be described as CHV. Now, while I understand that everyone has a right to attend football matches, I have becomed disillusioned with the numerous thugs who go to the games to give abuse to the players and manager. We are only in the Premier Division a few seasons, yet already we have acquired a number of thugs who claim to support the club. I know I speak for others when I say that the reason we're staying away from Town games is because of the element that are present. We would rather not associate ourselves with them.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    I wasn't at the last game and I can't see myself going anytime soon. It has nothing to do with the degree to which the club is successful. I've become fed up of the calibre of person that attends LTFC games. While I acknowledge that many decent people attend de Town games, I believe that a substantial proportion of the fanbase can only be described as CHV. Now, while I understand that everyone has a right to attend football matches, I have becomed disillusioned with the numerous thugs who go to the games to give abuse to the players and manager. We are only in the Premier Division a few seasons, yet already we have acquired a number of thugs who claim to support the club. I know I speak for others when I say that the reason we're staying away from Town games is because of the element that are present. We would rather not associate ourselves with them.
    Would you and your friends not consider going to games but perhaps sitting in a different section? Then you could enjoy the game and not be around these idiotic carachters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would you and your friends not consider going to games but perhaps sitting in a different section? Then you could enjoy the game and not be around these idiotic carachters.
    That's a fair point and one worth considering. The lads I know are big Town fans and big Alan Matthews fans and they don't want to be associated with the negative element.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    While I acknowledge that many decent people attend de Town games, I believe that a substantial proportion of the fanbase can only be described as CHV. Now, while I understand that everyone has a right to attend football matches, I have becomed disillusioned with the numerous thugs who go to the games to give abuse to the players and manager. .
    Strange thing is a lot of the main culprits would be so-called "respectable" people outside of Flancare by all accounts. It's a growing problem the club are aware of and are looking at ways of deaing with it I believe. Personally, I think publicly ridiculing the abusers would be an interesting approach. Either that or f*ck them out with a refund which I believe has been done in other clubs before. Just so we're clear I'm not talking criticising which everyone is entitled to do, it's when the line is crossed and unwarranted foul-mouthed personal abuse is directed at our own or any player come to think of it, though our own players get far more grief than the opposition. No place for it in Flancare in my opinion
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    Strange thing is a lot of the main culprits would be so-called "respectable" people outside of Flancare by all accounts. It's a growing problem the club are aware of and are looking at ways of deaing with it I believe. Personally, I think publicly ridiculing the abusers would be an interesting approach. Either that or f*ck them out with a refund which I believe has been done in other clubs before. Just so we're clear I'm not talking criticising which everyone is entitled to do, it's when the line is crossed and unwarranted foul-mouthed personal abuse is directed at our own or any player come to think of it, though our own players get far more grief than the opposition. No place for it in Flancare in my opinion
    I dont think refunding them is the way to go, Ridicule them, give out to them but take their money, at the end of the day thats whats needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    It has absolutely nothing to do with a "gaa mindset" (whatever that is ????????).
    I'm not criticising gaa fans,what im saying is that alot of people i've been talking to around longford go to cup games and not league games in the same way they'd go to championship games but not league games.See what i mean?
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Kick them out & bar them. **** the money. I'd rather an empty Flansiro than the place filled with those p***ks.
    We don't need their money. *uck it. Bad 'n all as things get, you should preserve your dignity.
    How ridiculous is that? Course we need the money, its the only way to survive!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    Make the stand the "Family" stand. Ban foul and abusive language in there - and move culprits out of there. Only needs promotion a game before and in the leader in the run up to the next game, and jobs a good un. It's not like the stand is any more money*....

*Incidentally, any link between the increased prices for the ground and the fall off in attendances? Could be a factor to some extent, albeit a small one...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Make the stand the "Family" stand. Ban foul and abusive language in there - and move culprits out of there. Only needs promotion a game before and in the leader in the run up to the next game, and jobs a good un. It's not like the stand is any more money*....

*Incidentally, any link between the increased prices for the ground and the fall off in attendances? Could be a factor to some extent, albeit a small one...
    Agree about the price. Before a family could go to the ground and it would be a bit cheaper on them. You look at a family of five going into the waterford game the other night 30 for 2 adults and 15 for 3 kids, its a lot really. It could definately be a factor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We still shouldn't prostitute ourselves for the sake of a few miserable bob. Using your logic, shams should welcome the scum element with open arms.
    I think you're blowing it out of proportion, what I'm saying is, let them know their abuse wont be tolerated, if a few people stand up to them, they are not going to be so quick to do it again. Bottom line is we need the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Maz, its only a few people. The money gained/lost is negligible. There is arguably more money lost from people staying away because of the abuse being hurled from the stand. I ,for one, will not go into the stand with my kid with this kind of $hit€ going on. (He loves the section O anyway !!)
    But you cant possibly know how many are staying away as a result of abuse.

You dont go to the stand because of it, why couldnt they do the same. Same price, just more peace to watch the game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I only started going to games regularly this season as I finally got my driving license (car! truck! two trucks! you get the idea ) So travelling the 40 miles wasnt feasible in the past. Watched the first few games in the stand and quickly came to leave it. Prefer watching now from the comfort of Section N It does seem to be a problem confined to the stand from what I can see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB
    I only started going to games regularly this season as I finally got my driving license (car! truck! two trucks! you get the idea ) So travelling the 40 miles wasnt feasible in the past. Watched the first few games in the stand and quickly came to leave it. Prefer watching now from the comfort of Section N It does seem to be a problem confined to the stand from what I can see.
    Ronnie, its the same people week in week out, most of us would know who they are or what they look like. Majority of them are there everyweek.

Cop on can say money is irrelevant but €15 each every wk or every second week means a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Ronnie, its the same people week in week out, most of us would know who they are or what they look like. Majority of them are there everyweek.

Cop on can say money is irrelevant but €15 each every wk or every second week means a lot

It sure means a lot in the long run id imagine. The club needs funds from somewhere. I was really shocked at the crowd on friday night at how small it was but with it being on TV I suppose can see why it happened but it is disapointing it happened. I try to drag a few mates now and then along with me. Slowly converting them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast