Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What more do they want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    Yeah, but HOW MANY of them are there ?? If there's only ten or twenty of them, that's just €150-€300 every two weeks. Personally, I think the reputation of our club is worth more than a measly €200 odd every second week.
    But how can you be sure how many there is? That is what Im saying and €400 every month helps a lot!!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah, but thats my question ?? Does anybody know how many of these bellends there are ? Are we talking ten or a hundred ??
    Well its pretty risky then assuming we can afford to kick them all out every week. Thats not a solution

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Agree about the price. Before a family could go to the ground and it would be a bit cheaper on them. You look at a family of five going into the waterford game the other night 30 for 2 adults and 15 for 3 kids, its a lot really. It could definately be a factor
    But when almost every other club in the division is charging €15 we can't afford to say well we'll make it cheaper on a regular basis. What the club is doing shortly is giving out €5 coupons to people that wouldn't be regulars such as shop and factory employees around the town. Some sort of a promotion at the County Final being planned for the Cork game with the blessing of the GAA seemingly, again involving discount. We do have family tickets as well, basically every second child free at most games.

The Family Stand idea has been talked about alright and wouldn't be a bad thing to try out and see if it works. Something has to change.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Jeez - excuse me for repeating myself, but you don't seem to understand. What I'm trying to point out to you is that there are not too many of these wnakers - I'd say twenty at most. Kick 'em out. Our reputation is worth far more than €600 per month (max.)
    And if you're averse to kicking them out of the ground - then expel them from the stand - or anywhere out of the earshot of young kids.
    Are you convinced that we should condone this carry-on (and condoning it we are if we don't do something about it) for a few lousy pieces of silver ???
    You're contradicting yourself. You said previously can we be sure "how many of these bellends there are", now you're saying there is 20 of them.
    Look I dont agree throwing people out is the answer. People are gonna look at that and say, its pathetic throwing people out of games and sooner or later people will stop coming because it seems petty.
    Take their money, ridicule them if they start abusing players and management and if all comes to the all, ban them from the stand and let them go into the ground area

Btw €600 can go towards wages, bills etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The fact is that we are in a lose lose situation whether we like it or not.The only solution in my mind is that if these people are using bad language out loud then the stewarts should approach them and ask them to mind their language that someone with kids has complained about it.Stick a note in the programme about it and see how it goes.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Je$u$ I GIVE UP. You just don't get it. No contradiction - just trying to point out ALL ALONG that there are only a few of them & our reputation is worth more.
    If you think €600 per month is such a massive amount, why don't you go & sell 300 envelopes - a mere 75 a week.

(BTW, if they think its petty & don't come back - brilliant, problem solved!)
    Read over your posts.......you first asked the question of how many there are? and then all of a sudden there is 20 of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    The fact is that we are in a lose lose situation whether we like it or not.The only solution in my mind is that if these people are using bad language out loud then the stewarts should approach them and ask them to mind their language that someone with kids has complained about it.Stick a note in the programme about it and see how it goes.
    Exactly a more logical solution!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    While it is hard to quantify what would be lost if these louts were barred, it is impossible to judge what is currently being lost by their unacceptable behaviour.
    I witnessed one particular yob two years ago giving vile abuse to Sean Prunty during a match because he made a mistake in a game where (as usual) he was playing very well. I was not near enough to tell this ******** to cop on, but I was saddened to find out later who he was, as his uncles have a very proud tradition of involvement with Longford Town. Unlike this sad individual they were always sportsmen in the highest sense.
    I agree with Sonic that if the team performances at home were more in the vein of last weeks match then attendances would improve. Lets face it by and large the entertainment value at Flancare has been pretty poor over the past two years. It is naive of some posters to think that everyone going to matches should do so on the basis of blind fanatical support regardless of the standard of the fare served up. Nowadays most people will only spend their hard earned money on something they enjoy doing.
    Finally it might do no harm to give a local an odd run (I don't mean a seat on the bench for the first round of the League Cup), I am pretty sure it would help increase the gates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Our financial situation is surely not helped by players and officials not being able to control themselves in an appropriate way. Fine galore for the club v derry on the indo

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Aaron can't keep getting reported and sent off, whether he deserves it or not. That'll be ten games he's missed through suspension,plus roughly a €1000 fine, it's not on and he has to learn to control himself. Mouthing to the ref after the match isn't very clever either and you're right euros are so forkin difficult to come by without píssing them away on fines.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The club usually would pay the fine and then recover it from Aaron, by fining him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    Some sort of a promotion at the County Final being planned for the Cork game with the blessing of the GAA seemingly, again involving discount.
    Is this going ahead????????
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Didn't hear if it moved beyond the planning stage to be honest..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12