Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 139 of 139

Thread: Weekend 23rd, 24th Feb

  1. #121
    Reserves MMVIII's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    508
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Eh? It's literally here to view on the forum itself. I'm talking about this forum very specifically. The talk of social media sounds spicy tho. Is TikTok going wild?

    Show me the couple of news stories a year when you have a chance by the way. That'd be 2-3 for each season for, let's say the past 5?

    Do you remember your own lads hitting Dylan Watts above the eye with an egg in that game by the way? Biggest contribution to the league that Waterford have made in a long time to be fair.
    Shams fans a particular menace in Sligo over the years. Letting off smoke bombs in pubs, firing bottles at people in a pub, smashing the windows of another. Plenty up in Court for incidents, i'm sure you'll find the news stories handy enough if you google it.

  2. #122
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    730
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MMVIII View Post
    Shams fans a particular menace in Sligo over the years. Letting off smoke bombs in pubs, firing bottles at people in a pub, smashing the windows of another. Plenty up in Court for incidents, i'm sure you'll find the news stories handy enough if you google it.
    You haven't posted on here since 2019 and that's your contribution 4 years later? Are you one of these Cawley types who switched Sligo for bohs? Might you be the real john?

    Gas stuff lads. Very entertaining.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

  3. #123
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    730
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    That's a bingo.

  4. #124
    Seasoned Pro legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    265
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Kerry were victims of poor refereeing on Friday night. Nathan Gleeson handed a second yellow card for a coming together. The fourth official and linesman saw it as a coming together.
    Kerry shot themselves in the foot then with the concession of two sloppy goals. A repeat of failings from last season.
    Next up for Kerry is Treaty visiting on Friday in the league and on Monday in the MSC. Treaty have strong playoff ambitions this year, and possibly even more?

  5. #125
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    At the risk of bringing this forum back to football rather than hooliganism I'd be curious as to what others think of Bohs new signings.

    I've been happy enough with the keeper so far. He's certainly more willing to get amongst it for crosses and happy to come out of the box to clear his lines. Still unsure about shot stopping as Pat's didn't have and chances where you would say he made a great save and the goals against Sligo were more on the terrible defending in front of him than anything he necessarily did.

    Reinkort reminds me a lot of Dinny Corcoran. Big and can hold the ball up, decent finisher from what I've seen as well but he's not going to create something out of nothing. His touch can leave a little to be desired but he is making runs behind the defender well and if we start trying to pick them out instead of thumping long balls up at him he could be a very tidy addition.

    Lilander and Miller I'm less convinced about. Lilander can certainly strike a ball well but I don't think he's realised how physical the league here is just yet which with teams like Galway and Shels still to play could be a rude awakening for him. Miller's touch seems very sloppy so far which for a midfielder is less than ideal but it's early in the season so maybe he just needs a bit of time to settle.

    The only other one we've seen is piszczek and he certainly put himself about when he came on vs Pat's. Had a good chance to get a goal as well only for a good save from their keeper. He probably should have score it though. Perhaps if the same chance comes with a couple of games under his belt he will score.

  6. #126
    Seasoned Pro ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,069
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    257
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    564
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    At the risk of bringing this forum back to football rather than hooliganism I'd be curious as to what others think of Bohs new signings.

    I've been happy enough with the keeper so far. He's certainly more willing to get amongst it for crosses and happy to come out of the box to clear his lines. Still unsure about shot stopping as Pat's didn't have and chances where you would say he made a great save and the goals against Sligo were more on the terrible defending in front of him than anything he necessarily did.

    Reinkort reminds me a lot of Dinny Corcoran. Big and can hold the ball up, decent finisher from what I've seen as well but he's not going to create something out of nothing. His touch can leave a little to be desired but he is making runs behind the defender well and if we start trying to pick them out instead of thumping long balls up at him he could be a very tidy addition.

    Lilander and Miller I'm less convinced about. Lilander can certainly strike a ball well but I don't think he's realised how physical the league here is just yet which with teams like Galway and Shels still to play could be a rude awakening for him. Miller's touch seems very sloppy so far which for a midfielder is less than ideal but it's early in the season so maybe he just needs a bit of time to settle.

    The only other one we've seen is piszczek and he certainly put himself about when he came on vs Pat's. Had a good chance to get a goal as well only for a good save from their keeper. He probably should have score it though. Perhaps if the same chance comes with a couple of games under his belt he will score.

    Early days but the new lads who have played have seemed ok. Lilander I’m not so sure about. Time will tell of course and we have the other newbies who came in just before the deadline.

  7. #127
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,295
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    194
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    869
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Gas. Probably about 6 pages of comments when that dope launched a firework in Waterford but the only people even talking about bohs trying to set fire to their own players are bohs fans.

    It's a tough life being a hoop. Great laugh though.
    I think a rubicon has been crossed when a player requires medical attention and the FAI will have to come down hard otherwise what's next ??

  8. #128
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    340
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    They will go to town on us over this.
    As has been said a player got injured, that can’t be let go, and will definitely result in the fans turning on the offenders if it happens again.rightly so.
    Interestingly the yoke who threw it was given a few digs and pointed out to the stewards who shrugged and walked away.

  9. #129
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    730
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    They will go to town on us over this.
    As has been said a player got injured, that can’t be let go, and will definitely result in the fans turning on the offenders if it happens again.rightly so.
    Interestingly the yoke who threw it was given a few digs and pointed out to the stewards who shrugged and walked away.
    Yeah would imagine they will come down hard alright. It's a shame because flares really add to the atmosphere and set us apart from other leagues but it'll be zero tolerance from now I'd say. Wish we could try making it all a bit safer but there's not much creativity on the FAI side and obviously the clubs cant be seen to be involved at all.

  10. #130
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,613
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,561
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,744
    Thanked in
    2,707 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Rovers based on second half deserved a draw … one good thing we learned is that Pohls is superb keeper…. Good luck to Shels on the win….. downside is that Duff will be insufferable … two big homes games coming up next/end … win both and we’re up and running …. Don’t and it’s last year groundhog …. We’ll be fine
    I'm glad you said that. I thought he was excellent. He has the same style with ball at feet as Kelleher I think - languid, casual, in control. Now he'll get tackled on his goalline next weekend!

    Cleary played like a 16 year old rookie. I can't believe that Bradley didn't have the players prepared for a fast-out-of-the-traps approach from Shels. Bradley does not get a pass here. That said, the early penalty looked like a ridiculous decision but I was only following on a mobile.

    I thought in advance the heavy pitch would be a factor and I think it was. But really nobody to blame but ourselves. Derry drawing limits the damage.

  11. #131
    Seasoned Pro ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,069
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    257
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    564
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    There is definitely a theme with Rovers in that they start games very slowly and now it seems league seasons too. Why is that I wonder. Lack of pace in the squad, keeping players fit or playing style. All of the above, some of the above, none of the above. Something else?

  12. #132
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    408
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    36
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Early days but the new lads who have played have seemed ok. Lilander I’m not so sure about. Time will tell of course and we have the other newbies who came in just before the deadline.
    I like Reinkort, drops off to pick the ball and sets up the oncoming midfielder and peels off for the return to feet. Eg his goal against Shels. Also did similar at Pats, I think he prefers the ball to his feet.
    The keeper I also like, commanding in the air, seems very confident with the ball at his feet but hasn't had any real shots to save so far.
    Pizczeck, I thought he worked really hard when he came on, covered plenty of ground and blocked / cleared 2 Pats attacks at a crucial time of the game. I think hell come good.
    Miller, haven't seen him tested enough.
    Lilander, sweet mother of kcfu. On what iv seen so far I don't think he'll hold down a regular place in the starting 11.
    I could be proved wrong on all of this on Friday, the keeper will drop one, Pizczeck will deflect in an og but Reinkort will score a header and Lilander will score the winner in a 3-2 victory.

  13. #133
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    730
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    There is definitely a theme with Rovers in that they start games very slowly and now it seems league seasons too. Why is that I wonder. Lack of pace in the squad, keeping players fit or playing style. All of the above, some of the above, none of the above. Something else?
    Probably a bit of all that yeah. It's how we play. Rarely see us come out of the gates hell for leather.

    Bradley mentioned tweaking pre-season this year. Players got a longer break as it was felt that last season might have been too intense. We might have gone too far the opposite way! He's also spoken about not risking the likes of Byrne and Burke early in the season. Byrne barely had a pre-season. Think he only played in one internal friendly towards the end.

    Not too worried outside of the injuries. We haven't been playing too badly outside of the first 25/30 against Shels which was probably the worst I've seen us play in a long time. Bradley was as harsh about the back 3 as I've ever heard him be about any players and rightly so. As Stutts said above, Cleary looked brand new but they were all brutal.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

  14. #134
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Probably a bit of all that yeah. It's how we play. Rarely see us come out of the gates hell for leather.

    Bradley mentioned tweaking pre-season this year. Players got a longer break as it was felt that last season might have been too intense. We might have gone too far the opposite way! He's also spoken about not risking the likes of Byrne and Burke early in the season. Byrne barely had a pre-season. Think he only played in one internal friendly towards the end.

    Not too worried outside of the injuries.
    I think Ferrugia and Clarke are crucial for you, without them you're a bit one paced.
    How long is Clarke out for?
    With Byrne out as well a lot is depending on Burke. Surprised he didn't start.
    Burt also has a bit of pace, would Bradley think about recalling him?

  15. #135
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    730
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    I think Ferrugia and Clarke are crucial for you, without them you're a bit one paced.
    How long is Clarke out for?
    With Byrne out as well a lot is depending on Burke. Surprised he didn't start.
    Burt also has a bit of pace, would Bradley think about recalling him?
    Ah we are a completely different animal with those two. Even having one fit makes a huge difference. Really wish we'd found even one decent backup because you're right, it all gets a bit slow without them. Kavo is a lovely footballer but he has no pace and just checks back at the halfway line 9/10. We can keep the ball with him but we aren't as dangerous. Burns was much better on Friday so he might help but that's higher up the pitch.

    Clarke is out for 3 weeks I think but.....I wouldn't always trust Bradley's media comments and I don't have any inside track on it. Farrugia will be a lot longer. Hopefully be back for Europe.

    Doubt Burt would be recalled. Injured again anyway. I think bohs got the last good days out of him.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

  16. #136
    First Team WoodquayBoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    252
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Our first goal on Friday saw the goalkeeper play a short pass to the centre back, who was allowed advance 40 or 50 yards with the ball before playing a pass out to the right-back on the touch line. He took a touch before passing infield to central midfielder who played a pass between Dundalk centre back and left back for our striker to run on to. He ran on and then played a ball across 6-yard box for winger to score. Nothing, absolutely nothing, agricultural about that, or the second goal - there was one team resorting to long balls the last night and they were not wearing maroon. I understand ye don’t like caulfield but we’ve done ye 4-0 and 2-0 in the past 6 months, playing football

  17. #137
    Reserves sulywaterfordfc's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    745
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    77
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Eh? It's literally here to view on the forum itself. I'm talking about this forum very specifically. The talk of social media sounds spicy tho. Is TikTok going wild?

    Show me the couple of news stories a year when you have a chance by the way. That'd be 2-3 for each season for, let's say the past 5?

    Do you remember your own lads hitting Dylan Watts above the eye with an egg in that game by the way? Biggest contribution to the league that Waterford have made in a long time to be fair.
    Off the top of my head I recall two incidents last year, if anyone else recalls anymore incidents involving Rovers fans feel free to add. It was in the news at the time when Rovers fans clashed with Derry fans after a game between the sides, and early last season Rovers fans were in the news again for doing damage to the new stand in Dalymount.

  18. #138
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    730
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Off the top of my head I recall two incidents last year, if anyone else recalls anymore incidents involving Rovers fans feel free to add. It was in the news at the time when Rovers fans clashed with Derry fans after a game between the sides, and early last season Rovers fans were in the news again for doing damage to the new stand in Dalymount.
    Sounds like you know what happened in Derry better than the relevant authorities. Be sure to send in the info as it would probably help avoid similar incidents and I know people up there are trying. It's a shame as it's such a good away trip but it's getting very dicey.

    Not sure I'd be calling them Derry fans either. It's probably the same sort of lads who used to chuck rocks at the buses but they seem to have gotten a bit braver/stupider as the years go by.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

  19. #139
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,080
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    252
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Rovers don't need to come out all guns blazing in the league as the confidence of winning the league 4 years in a row,with little or no opposition it has to be said,means Bradley and his squad are relaxed about the initial games - marathon not a sprint and all that
    Burt was a disaster for Rovers and spent more time in the ground than anything else- Not all our poaches from boez go to plan it seems.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend fixtures 23rd April-24th April
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 25/04/2021, 9:38 PM
  2. 2021 Predictions League: Series 7 [23rd/24th April]
    By TheBoss in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 23/04/2021, 6:15 PM
  3. 2018 Predictions League: Series 2 [23rd/24th February]
    By TheBoss in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 23/02/2018, 7:32 PM
  4. LOI fixtures Friday 23rd & Sat 24th Sept.
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 26/09/2016, 9:41 AM
  5. LOI Fixtures 23rd/24th October
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 26/10/2015, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •