Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 23rd, 24th Feb

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Over the two games so far we’ve been missing: Byrne,Lopes, McEneff ( both games) ,Grace, Burke,Kenny & Towell (one game) Farrugia & Clarke (1.5 games)

Most of the above would be starters if full squad fit ….. imo there has been decent improvement to the squad with McEneff , Honahan ( to replace Hoare when Lopes back and he looks a super player) and Burns coming in and Power/Burt moved out.

If we lose Gaffney we have option of one from Greene, Burke & Kenny , imo that’s as good a level of squad depth as can be asked for.

The only groundhog for me is the poor start but event that’s nothing too concerning as again so called ‘contenders ‘ have already after only two games failed to take full advantage
    I think Rovers success is built on their wingbacks, at least from the games I've seen. If Clarke and or Farrugia are fit for more than. 50% of the games they should win comfortably more often than not as they have the strength in depth to cover most other areas in case of injury/suspension. The big question is can Rovers get Clarke & Farrugia fit and keep them fit. If I was a Rovers fan I would have to wonder what the physios or sport science department or medical department (whatever they may be called these days) are doing to A) get Clarke & Farrugia back fit and B) Keep them fit. I mean the dog in the street knows now that they are injury prone so do they need more rest days than the normal squad, can you only play them for 60 mins each? With how much they seem to impact the way Rovers play these are certainly questions you would hope they are asking within the Rovers management team and medical team. I can't say I've heard stellar things about the Rovers medical teams. I've even heard that they weren't aware Burt was injured when he signed from Bohs even though it was pretty common knowledge that he was carrying an injury through most of his last season with Bohs.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    individuals within our support base during Friday’s SSE Airtricity Men’s Premier Division game away against St Patrick’s Athletic.

These incidents, when multiple flares were thrown onto the pitch at the start of the second half, represented an unacceptable and reckless escalation of behaviour that endangered the safety of players from both teams and the safety of our own supporters.

Bohemian FC players required medical attention after being struck by the flares, while we have received reports from our own supporters of being struck by flares thrown in the direction of the pitch.

There can be no justification of this. We have consistently reminded members and supporters of the collective responsibility of all in attendance at our games to help create an atmosphere and environment where supporters feel safe.

All supporters should by now be well aware of the potential consequences and league sanctions for clubs when incidents of this nature occur.

It is therefore extremely frustrating for the overwhelming majority of our fanbase that a small number of individuals proceeded to wilfully behave in this way regardless of the potential consequences for the club and supporters.

We take their actions extremely seriously, and the club is now in the process of reviewing all available footage and photographs from Friday’s game with the aim of identifying those responsible, and can confirm that anyone identified as throwing flares will be indefinitely banned from Bohemians games.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Message sent to members by the club

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Gas. Probably about 6 pages of comments when that dope launched a firework in Waterford but the only people even talking about bohs trying to set fire to their own players are bohs fans.

It's a tough life being a hoop. Great laugh though.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    i think galway will be fine this year. id had enough of JC by the time he got the sack in 2019 but the type of player hes signed will have ye safe. there are one too many teams trying to play pretty and dundalk are definitely one of them. JC knows if you are strong on set pieces, win 2nd balls , counter quickly and win your headers against teams like this you'll win. too much ****ing around with the ball (which is ironically what happened with city post maguire) gets you no where. get it launched to the wingers or into the big man and you'll win some games.
    Agree with this, Dundalk almost obsessed with playing the ball across the back 4 and in your own half, the ball goes nowhere, I sometimes think the % stat should only count when you have the ball in the oppositions half, as its almost pointless counting it in your half, what use is that.

JC using Big Jack tactics, wasn't pretty, but if it gets results?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    I had the misfortune to watch the first half of the Tyrone-Mayo match yesterday, and thought it was the worst half of football I'd seen in quite a while.
    Then came the match at the Showgrounds. Worse, so utterly dull. Only one shot on target for each team, and eight yellow cards in what wasn't a dirty match.

Two injuries of concern, Patrick McEleney and Dummigan, who was stretched off. We've cover in midfield, at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Gas. Probably about 6 pages of comments when that dope launched a firework in Waterford but the only people even talking about bohs trying to set fire to their own players are bohs fans.

It's a tough life being a hoop. Great laugh though.

That’s a total lie, the behaviour of Bohs fans has been the talk of social media this weekend. Every fan base is talking about it. Rovers were looked after by the FAI though giving a slap on the wrist, Bohs potentially could get the book thrown at them.

On a side note, it happens a couple times a year tbh where you hear a news story relating to the behaviour of Rovers fans. Bohs have a few scuffs too, the behaviour isn’t acceptable but Rovers fans trying to act like they’re being picked on by the league is some serious BS.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    That’s a total lie, the behaviour of Bohs fans has been the talk of social media this weekend. Every fan base is talking about it. Rovers were looked after by the FAI though giving a slap on the wrist, Bohs potentially could get the book thrown at them.

On a side note, it happens a couple times a year tbh where you hear a news story relating to the behaviour of Rovers fans. Bohs have a few scuffs too, the behaviour isn’t acceptable but Rovers fans trying to act like they’re being picked on by the league is some serious BS.
    True that, always getting away with it. Bohs will deserve anything we get, sadly these goms are getting away lightly every week, not for much longer I feel though, bit of self policing worked wonders Friday. Anyway, hopefully we’re concentrating on the on field stuff next week!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    I had the misfortune to watch the first half of the Tyrone-Mayo match yesterday, and thought it was the worst half of football I'd seen in quite a while.
    Then came the match at the Showgrounds. Worse, so utterly dull. Only one shot on target for each team, and eight yellow cards in what wasn't a dirty match.

Two injuries of concern, Patrick McEleney and Dummigan, who was stretched off. We've cover in midfield, at least.

Fats must be def a concern at this stage the amount of games he misses, was never going to be straightforward leaving one artificial pitch to another one less standard, won't help with injuries.

Brilliant player but maybe best days now behind him.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post

Eh? It's literally here to view on the forum itself. I'm talking about this forum very specifically. The talk of social media sounds spicy tho. Is TikTok going wild?

Show me the couple of news stories a year when you have a chance by the way. That'd be 2-3 for each season for, let's say the past 5?

Do you remember your own lads hitting Dylan Watts above the eye with an egg in that game by the way? Biggest contribution to the league that Waterford have made in a long time to be fair.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 25/02/2024 at 9:36 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    True that, always getting away with it. Bohs will deserve anything we get, sadly these goms are getting away lightly every week, not for much longer I feel though, bit of self policing worked wonders Friday. Anyway, hopefully we’re concentrating on the on field stuff next week!
    So you're always getting away with it or we are?

Genuinely never see any trouble in Tallaght Dermo, do you? Dalymount is a different animal altogether. Can't even bring the family there.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    You've some victim complex. Dermo clearly wasn't referring to Rovers but you still took it as he was.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Could it be construed that the boez fans were just lighting a fire under their player's ar$e$ to get them moving?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    You've some victim complex. Dermo clearly wasn't referring to Rovers but you still took it as he was.
    John....he's replying to a post about Rovers that you can read right here on this very forum. Do you have a mouse? Just scroll up there. If not you can use the keyboard arrows I'd say.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Do you remember your own lads hitting Dylan Watts above the eye with an egg in that game by the way?
    Well deserved given youse did poach him from us.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    John....he's replying to a post about Rovers that you can read right here on this very forum. Do you have a mouse? Just scroll up there. If not you can use the keyboard arrows I'd say.
    So that sentence ending in "not for much longer I feel though, bit of self policing worked wonders Friday." was referring to Rovers then? Was there self policing in Tolka on Friday that we're not aware of?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Well deserved given youse did poach him from us.
    Sometimes I don't want to clash with bohs fans on here because some of yous are good eggs.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    So that sentence ending in "not for much longer I feel though, bit of self policing worked wonders Friday." was referring to Rovers then? Was there self policing in Tolka on Friday that we're not aware of?
    We didn't need self policing. We were far too cold to cause any trouble.

The part of the post that was directly referencing Rovers was before that. I put most of it in bold. Thought that would help.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    We didn't need self policing. We were far too cold to cause any trouble.

The part of the post that was directly referencing Rovers was before that. I put most of it in bold. Thought that would help.
    I think bolding the whole thing instead of the parts that help you play the victim at even imagined slights would help better but what are you going to do.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I think bolding the whole thing instead of the parts that help you play the victim at even imagined slights would help better but what are you going to do.
    If I bolded the whole thing you'd be even more lost lad. He replied to a post that was replying to mine....do you need italics to help you?

Anyway, your fans tried to set fire to your own players. And you won! Do it again I suppose.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast