Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend 23rd, 24th Feb

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Poor enough mistake ridden game in inchicore, don’t think either side did enough to deserve to win it but Bohs nicked it through the peno which was a result of a poor short back pass.

On the flare thing, my god that has to be one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. The keeper came out for the second half and was nearly hit by about 4 bangers, then the game kicked off and pats were attacking at the shed end, Bohs fans then milled flares onto the pitch, one hitting and burning the arm of their own centre back Cian Byrne who had to have his arm bandaged up. Not to let that deter them, they then continued to throw flares at other Bohs players before the ref brought both teams to the half way line. After the goal…. You guessed it, flare thrown in the direction of the celebrating Bohs keeper. Yes not all Bohs fans fault obviously but there was a serious amount of brain donors among the Bohs members following the club tonight.

With the precedent set by the FAI last year closing a section of the cork shed end after they hit Mark Doyle with a bottle, I can see either a full/partial stadium closure or a lack of away allocation for Bohs on the way for an upcoming game
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Very small crowd at the Cross tonight. Hard to estimate as everyone is essentially in the Donie Forde but I would be surprised if it's more than 500.

Pitch is cutting up early as well after a fair bit of rain this week. It's likely going to be very rough by the time Cobh are out of here
    I'd have said 400 tops, the sooner we're back on home soil the better, the plan is to have the ground ready by Easter Monday when we play Longford.
    Pitch was pretty poor by Turner's Cross standards but probably to be expected given the weather this time of year.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    It did look like a few were thrown out by other supporters
    Few well deserved digs handed out apparently, fair enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Thought we were the better side in the first half, didn't create much but came closest to scoring and generally controlled the game well. Second half was just a poor affair all around, even less danger of scoring from both than the first half until the penalty, which watching live and then on the replay afterwards looks a poor decision, it's a mess from Pats but Pitaluga wins the ball before there's any contact, if there was any at all.

The kind of wonky start to the season everyone was expecting, should be a fun one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Given the conditions Ramblers and Athlone served up a good game, at 2-0 down at ht I would have taken your hand off for a draw but could have won it near the end having been 3-1 down.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Poor enough mistake ridden game in inchicore, don’t think either side did enough to deserve to win it but Bohs nicked it through the peno which was a result of a poor short back pass.

On the flare thing, my god that has to be one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. The keeper came out for the second half and was nearly hit by about 4 bangers, then the game kicked off and pats were attacking at the shed end, Bohs fans then milled flares onto the pitch, one hitting and burning the arm of their own centre back Cian Byrne who had to have his arm bandaged up. Not to let that deter them, they then continued to throw flares at other Bohs players before the ref brought both teams to the half way line. After the goal…. You guessed it, flare thrown in the direction of the celebrating Bohs keeper. Yes not all Bohs fans fault obviously but there was a serious amount of brain donors among the Bohs members following the club tonight.

With the precedent set by the FAI last year closing a section of the cork shed end after they hit Mark Doyle with a bottle, I can see either a full/partial stadium closure or a lack of away allocation for Bohs on the way for an upcoming game
    ****ing hate these things, and the scrotes that bring them, add **** all to a game and could’ve cost us tonight. If they close f and g in dalymount next week then some serious self policing needs to start. Pyro only works with sensible use. Unlikely .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Fair play to shels. Based on their post match celebrations they've won the league it seems.
    Strange team put out by Bradley with a lot of centre halfs playing. Usual inept level of LOI officiating with a non event peno awarded after a few minutes and foul in the box in build up to St goal but no excuse for brainfart from cleary for 2nd goal. Changes made had a difference and Rovers took control over most of the 2nd half but stern defence from shels and wasteful crossing from Rovers meant there was no equaliser to be had.
    Just giving the rest of youse the usual headstart to the season,but are any of you good enough to take advantage??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    The same idiots that throw flares/fireworks are the same idiots that do be crying on social media when there’s a clamp down on flares. The idiots that do the dangerous stuff with flares don’t realise they’re the problem. Flares are absolutely fine when they’re used properly. But it’s the idiots that throw them and/or that don’t dispose of them somewhat safely (eg, throwing them or when they go out then putting the rest of the flare on a plastic chair or a paper banner etc) they’re the ones ruining the fun for everyone else as when they’re used properly personally I love it.
    Yep can't argue with this

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yeah, exactly how I saw it too

I think the complaints were for offside? But must have missed that we played the final pass...

Not good to see Finn down with a knee injury at the end. Walked off at least but didn't look good
    I was down the opposite end so might be wrong, but it looked to me it was a miscue off a UCD defender that let it fall to Curran.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Off to the Bowl tonight. The UCD ticket site lists the game as starting an hour later than it actually is, but I have a feeling there won't be too many latecomers.
    I was there myself tonight. Yeah, that 8:45 on the site and tickets had me thinking they’d been relegated to some league on CET. The only thing to report from the match itself was that it was Baltic and Treaty probably deserved the win.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    I must say I'm delighted with Shels winning the league tonight
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I was down the opposite end so might be wrong, but it looked to me it was a miscue off a UCD defender that let it fall to Curran.
    There was a pole in my view for that exact part I would add, so I could be wrong. It'd explain why it wasn't offside but I'd have thought our keeper would have known the rule

If a pass deflected off our player then I'm not sure how that's judged?

Anyway, thought the result overall was fair, so no real complaints

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Good point for us tonight,under the cosh for most of the second half but it took an iffy penalty for them to get a draw,definitely an improvement on last season though and hopefully we can look forward with some optimism….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Thought after a poor 20 odd mins Rovers created enough to take at least a point. We didn’t get it, so 6 next weekend be very welcome. Didn’t see any of the away wins happening. Tbh but nice to see Bohs do us a favour…..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Brutal decision by the ref this evening,Cork were the better side in the second half but that’s nonsense….

Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Great start to the season from Waterford. It's only 2 games in but nothing to fear so far from premier division. Galway showed the same with their win at Dundalk. Waterford made a lot of signings to improve the team since last year and it's paying off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Brilliant stuff for Galway last night. I've been critical of Caulfield in the past, particularly at Cork, of being stubbornly glued to 1990 era route 1, lump it long, hope for the best, style of tactic, but he used it to perfection last night. Galway's low block snuffed out Dundalk by and large. 2 goals and three times hitting the post from 25% possession. Dundalk will do well to finish 6th this season, and many of their fans may feel that's decent, considering there's a rebuild in progress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Brilliant stuff for Galway last night. I've been critical of Caulfield in the past, particularly at Cork, of being stubbornly glued to 1990 era route 1, lump it long, hope for the best, style of tactic, but he used it to perfection last night. Galway's low block snuffed out Dundalk by and large. 2 goals and three times hitting the post from 25% possession. Dundalk will do well to finish 6th this season, and many of their fans may feel that's decent, considering there's a rebuild in progress.
    i think galway will be fine this year. id had enough of JC by the time he got the sack in 2019 but the type of player hes signed will have ye safe. there are one too many teams trying to play pretty and dundalk are definitely one of them. JC knows if you are strong on set pieces, win 2nd balls , counter quickly and win your headers against teams like this you'll win. too much ****ing around with the ball (which is ironically what happened with city post maguire) gets you no where. get it launched to the wingers or into the big man and you'll win some games.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    LOI season in full swing though you wouldn't have thought it from the Indo sports section when I perused the free copy with my morning coffee, no results from last night that I could see, though they had the Late UK racing and no mention of our game tonight though you can read all about what is scheduled in Scottish league 2, no wonder, nobody will buy the filthy rag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    LOI season in full swing though you wouldn't have thought it from the Indo sports section when I perused the free copy with my morning coffee, no results from last night that I could see, though they had the Late UK racing and no mention of our game tonight though you can read all about what is scheduled in Scottish league 2, no wonder, nobody will buy the filthy rag.
    I remember Dan McDonnell saying it is a print deadline issue and the match reports tend to be in the later editions.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast