Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2024 (Size of away support )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Maybe I have moved in to the stage of life where ye grumble about the price of everything and talk about the days of it being 12p for a packet of Tayto (Longford fans being Tayto experts and all). I'd agree that there hasnt been significant hikes in ticket prices but like a lot of things there is a cut of point imo on what people are willing or can pay, I cant suggest what that point is as it will differ across a fanbase. Even if every ground was modern there should be tiered pricing, significant concessions for families and accompanied juvenile tickets. Single adults tickets most can probably manage but when the cost racks up adding kids, thats when people baulk. It's very short term thinking to potentially price out the future fanbase which I think could happen if the kids get left at home. There is also a squeeze on other income areas like bars, programmes (not really an income but you know what I mean). I know there is a certain psychology to pricing eg the difference between having a beer before a game or not and that there is a balance. People oint to season tickets as the saving point but that lump cost isnt possible for all.

A side point is that there are Dundalk fans that think the club should pay them for the privilege of having them attend games and it aint cause of Oriel or not challening for titles just a dose of self important sense of entitlement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I think there's an argument to be made that LOI tickets have been too cheap for years. However, it all comes down to facilities. Luckily, the weather looks good for tomorrow but a ****ing night in Richmond and out in the open wouldn't be much fun.

15 quid more than enough into the likes of Oriel, Drogheda and plenty others at the moment.
    Maybe a point here, but still charging €72 for 1 adult with 2 kids (granted concessions were gone) but it doesn't change the cost of that particular purchase. Its far too expensive.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    That first half was great value!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Counted twenty athlone fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    If they were crammed in they could always have just sat in one of the many empty seats in the away section

Holds less than 250, the rest is spot on
    Whatever the capacity of the seated away section is in Richmond, Dundalk filled it yesterday. Definitely had more than Galway did on Friday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    30 to 40 Treaty fans in Tralee.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Maybe a point here, but still charging €72 for 1 adult with 2 kids (granted concessions were gone) but it doesn't change the cost of that particular purchase. Its far too expensive.
    Yep, that's poor form. Why no concessions? Shouldn't be allowed that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    50 or so Waterford fans in Derry according to local radio commentators.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by listowelceltic View Post
    30 to 40 Treaty fans in Tralee.
    A few more on top of that in the main stand I'd say. I know a few who won't go into the away section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    I think I heard from the IL that fans there were buying cheap concession tickets they weren't entitled to for away games, since they reckoned they couldn't/wouldn't be checked properly. Dunno whether that is a factor in the LOI?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    I think I heard from the IL that fans there were buying cheap concession tickets they weren't entitled to for away games, since they reckoned they couldn't/wouldn't be checked properly. Dunno whether that is a factor in the LOI?
    It certainly was/is an issue at Dundalk. some of the most vocal support see it as a badge of honour to get in on a concession, multi-use of 1 season ticket, concession season tickets, or gain entry over a wall or under a gate, in the past preprepped with ladders for example and at one time (i presume its the same now) the club used to walk the outside premiter a few times wall before kickoff - beer cans, flares, various substances, packed and tied to strings that was attached to a point reachable with a boost from inside the ground etc. Concessions imo is easily monitored, prepurchaes can be made, maybe register family names, unless you are selling out full priced tickets concession should always be available. Its about time that there is an unused ST scheme that allows clubs (legitimately) sell something twice in the unused seat. I think Rovers and maybe Bohs have or are organising such a system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Pats probably only released a very small amount, either way none available at time of purchase, turned out a great match and occasion in the end, but christ 72 euro !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Its about time that there is an unused ST scheme that allows clubs (legitimately) sell something twice in the unused seat. I think Rovers and maybe Bohs have or are organising such a system.
    Pretty much standard in England these days (at least at the higher levels).

If you're a ST Holder and can't attend a given game, you can Assign it to a friend/family member etc over Tinternet, so they can use it. Alternatively, you can post it on the club's own Ticket Exchange and if it sells, get the cost you paid credited to your account. The club can then sell it on at the regular, matchday rate i.e for more than they're paying you.

Indeed more and more clubs with ST waiting lists are implementing schemes whereby if you fail either to use your ST yourself; or to Assign it to a friend; or to post it for sale on the Exchange; on a number of times per season, you risk forfeiting it. (Allowances are made for unavoidable absences, like eg illness etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Whatever the capacity of the seated away section is in Richmond, Dundalk filled it yesterday. Definitely had more than Galway did on Friday night.
    You couldn’t fit any more fans in the away end against Galway even though people were standing in the aisles and down at the end beside the chipper. Was very surprised by the size of home support and how quiet they were at both games .
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    202 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    You couldn’t fit any more fans in the away end against Galway even though people were standing in the aisles and down at the end beside the chipper. Was very surprised by the size of home support and how quiet they were at both games .
    There were plenty of empty seats in the away end on Friday on several rows closest to the home section, although I understand that it can be hard to see the full away section when you’re within it, a clear view of it from the Camac will tell you this. Dundalk 100% brought more, not knocking the Galway crowd either btw, it’s just a fact.
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 05/06/2024 at 4:18 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Premier Division Series 18

Drogheda v Shamrocks 5/600
    Shels v Sligo 100+
    St Pats v Galway 130
    Dundalk v Derry 150+
    Waterford v Bohs 3/400+

First Division Series 18

Athlone v Cork 40/50
    Treaty v Longford 20+
    Finn Harps v Wexford 2
    UCD v Bray 1/200
    Cobh v Kerry 25

Anyone with further info or were at a game might care to add.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Premier Division Series 19

Sligo v Drogheda
    St Pats v Dundalk 200+
    Derry v Waterford 50+

First Division Series 19

Wexford v Longford
    Kerry v Treaty 30/40
    Finn Harps v Athlone 20+
    Cork v UCD 3+
    Bray v Cobh

Anyone with further info or were at a game might care to add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Pats fans will know the lay of the land better, but seemed to be well over 200 DFC fans squeezed into far corner of main stand on Mon, would be thinking closer to 300.

150 Derry at Oriel Park last Fri is about right, one of their lowest in years, really not sure why, granted not a BH weekend in NI, but still their second shortest away trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    150 Derry at Oriel Park last Fri is about right, one of their lowest in years, really not sure why, granted not a BH weekend in NI, but still their second shortest away trip.
    Boring football on display, people fecked off with the away section in Oriel (myself included), and the bank holiday, which always reduces our crowds.

I'd imagine our next aways, Bohs and Sligo, will be even worse due to the Thursday night games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Pats fans will know the lay of the land better, but seemed to be well over 200 DFC fans squeezed into far corner of main stand on Mon, would be thinking closer to 300.

Was there a reason no one stood behind the goals?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast