Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: N. Iron - Azerbaijan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

N. Iron - Azerbaijan

First victory for Northern Iron !! 2-0 vs Azerbaijan. And well deserved, they dominated 80% of the game. Very nice free kick goal from Elliott as well.

Bring on England now

By the way, some interesting similarities with my first ROI game back when I lived in the Republic... My first game of the ROI was ROI-Faroes, now my first international after my move to the North was NI-Azerbaijan:

- both times the home team won 2-0 (my presence must bring good luck )
    - both times I got in for free
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    - both times I got in for free
    How? Both times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ROI-Faroes was a sold-out, I arrived at the stadium and looked around for a black-market seller. But as 40 euro was a bit much, I looked a bit further. I asked a steward if he knew where I could find a ticket being sold for reasonable price, and he just gave me a spare one for free

Today then, Northern Ireland-Azerbaijan, also a sold-out. I appear at the stadium, but didn't know it was sold-out (as the supportersclub where I often go for a drink told me otherwise). The steward told me it was sold out, and luckily another steward a bit further heard this and came to me: "You're looking for a ticket? I happen to have a spare one..." Once at the stand (south stand of Windsor, so the one stand with the low roof) the lady next to me asked if I happened to have gotten a free ticket... It appeared she had a spare one and just gave it to a steward to hand out instead of selling it herself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    What bizarre strokes of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gets even weirder if you know that at ROI-Croatia and ROI-China I got in for half price

I ripped off the FAI three times, and now go for the same nr of strokes with the IFA I entered a competition to win tickets for NI-England, if my luck keeps on going like this I'll win those tickets with ease

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Gets even weirder if you know that at ROI-Croatia and ROI-China I got in for half price

I ripped off the FAI three times, and now go for the same nr of strokes with the IFA I entered a competition to win tickets for NI-England, if my luck keeps on going like this I'll win those tickets with ease
    Jammy b*st*rd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Gerrit]Gets even weirder if you know that at ROI-Croatia and ROI-China I got in for half price

I ripped off the FAI three times,

Now you would not be the first person to do that now Gerrit, their way of buying extra tickets for USA94 was nothing short of a shambles and made some Greek geezer a very rich man.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    I watched the game on BBC1, was a good game considering both teams had nothing to play for but pride. It was a very nice goal by Elliott. I couldn't stop laughing at the Northern Ireland player mad to get his first international goal running after the ball to get it so he could take the penalty...

Keith Gillespie had a great game I thought. He just kept running and running and he made the penalty. That boy must be 36 or something is he?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good win for Northern Ireland yesterday. It was just what they needed ahead of the England game. If we weren't playing France I'd defentily watch that game, but its defentily ROI vs France for me.
    City Til I Die

Champions 2005

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebal Boy
    Good win for Northern Ireland yesterday. It was just what they needed ahead of the England game. If we weren't playing France I'd defentily watch that game, but its defentily ROI vs France for me.
    I hate when two games you want to see are on at the same time. I could toss a coin to decide on which one to watch but I suppose I will just settle on the Republic of Ireland vs. France game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I went up there myself. The match picked up a bit after half-time when the Spion Kop got there second wind for singing. I'm sorry I didn't see starlet Ivan Sproule play.

BTW the match was no way sold out the IFA were selling tickets out of their office on Windsor Avenue. But fair play Gerrit for getting in, its always worth while to ask around for spares.

For the Poland game there was a lot of pressure for tickets, I got mine outside the ground from a well known steward for a fiver more than the face value. Fans were giving him their own spares and his was distributiung on to fans. He was allowed to do it 'cos he was only selling an away end ticket to the Polish fans who had travelled from different parts. There were other touts with a diiferent view on passing on tickets.

Even the friendly versus world champions France in '99 or 2000 wasn't a sell out and I got to see the World Cup parared around aswell.

Lets just say there will be plenty of fans on wednesady night who will get in through non-official routes and once they are inside it won't be a problem for them.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."