Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sligo boss pays tribute to assistant Carr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Sligo boss pays tribute to assistant Carr

Sligo Rovers manager Sean Connor has praised the input of assistant manager Gerry Carr, who has been in charge of team affairs during the Bit O’Red chief’s enforced stint on the sidelines following a two-game suspension handed down by the eircom League’s disciplinary commission.

Connor was hit with the ban after being sent from the dug-out during the top-of-the-table clash with Dublin City at the end of July.

But the Belfast man admits that assistant Carr has been the perfect substitute – even standing in on the training ground while Connor continues his studies for a Uefa Pro licence.

He told the club’s official website: “I’ve no worries about not being on the bench because Gerry has been brilliant. He really knows what he’s about.

“He’s taking the coaching all this week while I’ve been doing the Uefa Pro Licence course in England. He’s somebody I trust 100% and is by no means a yes man. Gerry’s not afraid to tell me what he thinks and has played a vital role in our success this season.

”I like to surround myself with the best people and with people like Gerry and fitness coach John Daffey, I have the best and I believe with the support of the Board, that we can take this club to a new level in the next couple of years.”

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/i...p?newsid=18965
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ya it is on the Sligo Rovers website aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    He told the club’s official website: “I’ve no worries about not being on the bench because Gerry has been brilliant. He really knows what he’s about.

“He’s taking the coaching all this week while I’ve been doing the Uefa Pro Licence course in England. He’s somebody I trust 100% and is by no means a yes man. Gerry’s not afraid to tell me what he thinks and has played a vital role in our success this season.

”I like to surround myself with the best people and with people like Gerry and fitness coach John Daffey, I have the best and I believe with the support of the Board, that we can take this club to a new level in the next couple of years.
    Pity it didn't last.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    is gerry definetly gone?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    looks like it!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i'm thinking that if gerry's gone..Gareth Gorman, is going to be assitant!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sligo boss pays tribute to assistant Carr

Got it in one, carr packed it in because as i understand it he was looking for a playing contract from sean and sean wasn't forthcoming. Seems this was brewing for a while, with sean signing players without consulting carr. Sean knows what he's doing, weeding out the dead wood who's holding the team back, dont think gerry carr was liked by the players either. Sad day when gg is ass manager......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRFCbrothelutd
    Got it in one, carr packed it in because as i understand it he was looking for a playing contract from sean and sean wasn't forthcoming. Seems this was brewing for a while, with sean signing players without consulting carr. Sean knows what he's doing, weeding out the dead wood who's holding the team back, dont think gerry carr was liked by the players either. Sad day when gg is ass manager......
    make sure when abbreviating you use dots...or else it turns out quite different

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i'd say Leo Tierney will be assistant manager......i'd also say he was not brought in as goalkeeping coach, but they knew Carr was going a couple of weeks ago, so they got tierney instead!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123
    i'd say Leo Tierney will be assistant manager......i'd also say he was not brought in as goalkeeping coach, but they knew Carr was going a couple of weeks ago, so they got tierney instead!
    that's what i thought when i heard about carr too. although gerry's a hero, i'd say leo's better as an assistant
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dont know...from what i heard gerry could really motivate the players..and crowd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover
    i dont know...from what i heard gerry could really motivate the players..and crowd
    Without a doubt r&w bang on...

I'd much rather carr as assstant manager

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah, Gerry was a good motivator! Leo is much quiter, thats for sure