Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wigan buy DAVID CONNOLLY FOR £3million

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea
    did he also say that he would never take any responsibility for anything his fault and also cost ireland ( or as good as ) going to quarter finals in a world cup.
    Spot on mate, his body language in that game was one of "I really don't give a toss"
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ya and his interview afterwards was even worse.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Ah some of the Irish fans and their neverending optimism for their players. I'm a massive Ireland fan (I cry when they lose cause I'm also a bit of a p***y) but people some words of advice GET OVER IT Connolly is, always has been and always will be s***e. I don't care if United had bought him for 30 million nevermind Wigan for 3.

You can fool yourselves with the 'maybe he'll now fulfil his potential' line of thinking but its not going to happen. Anyone who knows anything about football can easily understand that Connolly has had more than enough chances for Ireland and been absolutely c**p for the majority of them (particularly when we are playing against decent opposition instead of Lichenstein). HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Also anyone suggesting that Connolly should be playing ahead of either Morrison or Elliot should seek urgent medical attention. Morrison is always likely to bang in a goal against the top teams and can be a constant thorn in the sides of defenders due to his strength and energy. Elliot could be a star for the future and deserves the chance to make a name for himself. Connolly, however, is lightweight and is easily pushed off the ball (too easily for a professional footballer). He never looks like he'll score when he gets a chance in a big game and to make things worse he gives the ball away to the opposition all the time. Consign him to the past and leave him there only to resurrect his name along with the likes of Eddie McGoldrick, Paul Butler and Alan Kernaghan when we are picking the Worst Ireland Select XI teams of the future.
    Last edited by youngirish; 05/09/2005 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryPhelan
    Indeed she is, God bless her. Apparently used to knit my socks as well, due to an alleged allergy of mine to some fibres in the normal socks used. What a character.
    AFAIK, your ma went to the same school as my mother, Terry; Tubbercurry Technical School.

(And just to keep it on topic, I used to coach David Connolly at u-12 level when at school. It would explain a thing or two... )

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 01/09/2005 at 2:28 PM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    QUOTE; I saw him dismantle Ajax once in the Arena (he got two goals and an assist in a 4-3 win) with Feyenoord. He was fantastic that season, he spearheading the Feyenoord attack and he got them into the Champions League QUOTE.

yeah,i saw that game as well,i think it could even have been 2 and 2 assists in a 4-2 win.i also watch leicester regularly and he is definately talented,and i believe thats where the frustration towards him stems from,rather than his birthplace.his personality doesnt help on this front.

when dickov was here at leicester,most agreed he wouldnt make the step up to the prem but he hit double figures when leicester were up and got a move to blackburn.and even though dickov is more tenacious,id say connolly is a more natural taker of chances.

heres hoping he does well,i think he could. but he wont ever be an international quality striker.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 01/09/2005 at 2:35 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wigan have just bought their relegation ticket in connolly !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wouldnt count that Ajax performance. If he was doing that regularly he would be in a top club. He wasnt playing in the Championship for nothing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Also, Eddie McGoldrick had a decent Irish career. I would never put him in a worst Irish XI. That game in Copenhagen alone is enough to keep him out of any such team.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123