Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confidence is the key for Kerr's republic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    seriously? I'd love to watch the match again just to see that. I remember Keane was going up the right wing, could have crossed but passed it back. This is the first time I've hear this, surely there would be uproar over that incident alone. I really, really want to see the incident as if what you said is true my opinion of him will have changed completely. Any match reports on the game with this mentioned even?

Roy: “In saying that, we should still have killed the game off. We could have done more in the second half in terms of possession and testing their goalkeeper."

Kerr: “We didn’t create a whole lot, and could have been more incisive going forward"

Kav:
    "it certainly wasn't a conscious effort on the lads to sit back and defend deep"

Thats what I remember from the game alright. You see kerr just in shot bottom of the screen moving quickly into view. Keane indeed on the right. I'ill have a look round for a copy of the Match (although I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it agai) and see if there was anything said about the incident but I'm not sure why there would have been uproar over it wasn't that big a deal it just high-lighted Kerr's conservatism and lack of ''confidence'' that he's going on about now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "....and Keane squares it , Morrison shoots ! oh.. but the keeper makes a superb save and instantly clears downfield where Ireland are now out numbered....'

"the israelis sweep the ball out to the right , they have an overlap ... the cross come in ....ITS THERE !!! 1-1 !!! "

(cue the hundreds of 'why the hell didnt we keep it ? we didnt need to score' threads...)

swings and roundabouts..

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover
    Look if you watch the match again...its late into the 2nd half and Israel are causing us problems and throwing people forward. We break and move forward. There's a Four on Two situation (RMK in possession) and we could have killed the game but kerr comes flying off the bench hands flying, gesturing to bring the ball back into our half. That will be my over-riding memory if this is a failed campaign. Nothing at all to do with the players or are size of country.
    I found that incident easy enough, its the 80th min.
    Kerr is standing by the dugout, Keane flies down the wing past Kerr (still standing), Keane passes backwards to Kilbane, ball still well inside Israeli half, Kilbane doddles, going to be closed down by 2 Israelis, Kerr then sticks up his arm to get him to get rid off the ball, Kilbane is closed down, Kilbanes attempted pass is deflected back, still in Israeli half, then the ball passed out to O"Shea, attacks down left wing, Ireland carry on applying pressure. There is nothing which supports onenilgameover's "picturesque" interpretation.
    Case closed, Kerr did not gesticulate to Keane, he was trying to impart some warning or advice to Kilbane.
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover
    You see kerr just in shot bottom of the screen moving quickly into view..
    Kerr is on top of the screen, the dugouts are facing the cameras.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    I found that incident easy enough, its the 80th min.
    Kerr is standing by the dugout, Keane flies down the wing past Kerr (still standing), Keane passes backwards to Kilbane, ball still well inside Israeli half, Kilbane doddles, going to be closed down by 2 Israelis, Kerr then sticks up his arm to get him to get rid off the ball, Kilbane is closed down, Kilbanes attempted pass is deflected back, still in Israeli half, then the ball passed out to O"Shea, attacks down left wing, Ireland carry on applying pressure. There is nothing which supports onenilgameover's "picturesque" interpretation.
    Case closed, Kerr did not gesticulate to Keane, he was trying to impart some warning or advice to Kilbane.

Kerr is on top of the screen, the dugouts are facing the cameras.

If thats the case I stand corrected. I'm sure he was at the bottom of screen with arms aloft jesturing to his right in a 'bring the ball back to our half' motion but fair enough won't argue. My nerves must have put mist over my memory and my anger at what was still a lack of confidence shown in that match must have guided my recollection in an anti-Kerr way. Fair play for searching for the clip all the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I love facts
    In Trap we trust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12