Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 134

Thread: Season Tickets 2024

  1. #1
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    223
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    266
    Thanked in
    207 Posts

    Season Tickets 2024

    Looking at the various Twitter accounts for jersey launches, many clubs are already announcing their season ticket prices, so here's the current state of play:

    Premier Division:

    Bohemians:
    TBC
    Derry City: £285
    Drogheda United: €250 (€230 early bird)
    Dundalk: TBC
    Galway United: €240
    St Pat's: 2023 Renewals Only - €280 last year (€252 early bird)
    Shamrock Rovers: €260 Renewal (€235 early bird), €300 New (€260 early bird)
    Shelbourne: €275 (New), €250 (Renewal)
    Sligo Rovers: €290
    Waterford: €270 (€250 early bird)

    First Division:

    Finn Harps: €208 early bird seated, €182 early bird terrace

    All prices above are for standard adult tickets.

  2. #2
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    352
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I think a bohs season ticket is about 250, and about 200 for behind the goal.
    Membership is 365. Priority is memberships, to promote the fan ownership idea. We have atm got about 2000 members so season tickets and memberships will depend on people not renewing, usually about 200 become available otherwise we’re sold out again.

  3. #3
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    352
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Incidentally how much is a membership rather than a season ticket at rovers?

  4. #4
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    136
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Incidentally how much is a membership rather than a season ticket at rovers?
    600 a year

  5. #5
    Reserves Bunny Kelly's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kilkenny
    Posts
    383
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Prices much different to last year? Match tickets prices havent changed much in a long time so with so many sell outs I'm wondering will individual tickets go up next season

  6. #6
    Youth Team Larry 'da' Wyse's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Away .... in a manger
    Posts
    211
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    LOITV Season ticket now available for 2024. €120. Didn't spot any 'early bird' discount
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #7
    Seasoned Pro brendy_éire's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Up the town, Derry
    Posts
    3,842
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    304
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Prices much different to last year? Match tickets prices havent changed much in a long time so with so many sell outs I'm wondering will individual tickets go up next season
    Derry tickets up £22. Match tickets are up a pound to £19.
    I know we pay VAT, but we've dearest tickets in Ireland, a hundred quid more than anyone IL. It's not cheap.
    Though I'll counter that with the fact that basically every match is a sell out.

  9. #8
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Prices much different to last year? Match tickets prices havent changed much in a long time so with so many sell outs I'm wondering will individual tickets go up next season
    Good point, the cost of going to LOI games was basically static for a long number of years, so would be interested to see what general admission prices for clubs will be, compared then with season tickets. At €20 general entry then 18 homes games is €360 so season tickets look good value. At €15, then no value in a season ticket, but of course a great way to support your club.

    Quick comparsion with Rochdale, now playing in conference in England. Cheapest Adult ticket is 20gbp, dearest is 24gbp - thats 27euro, can you imagine one of our clubs trying to charge that!

  10. #9
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    717
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    642
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Derry tickets up £22. Match tickets are up a pound to £19.
    I know we pay VAT, but we've dearest tickets in Ireland, a hundred quid more than anyone IL. It's not cheap.
    Though I'll counter that with the fact that basically every match is a sell out.
    £19 a ticket is almost €22. That's punchy for the LOI.

    Will be interesting to see how tickets go at that price when the club has a new stand and another 2,500 or so tickets to shift. Or will the new terrace be much cheaper?

  11. #10
    Reserves trevy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    790
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Individual match tickets going up from €15 to €18 or €20 for category A games at Waterford. Understandable as we are in the Premier division now and haven't seen complaints about this. Big interest in season tickets down here at moment.

  12. #11
    Youth Team listowelceltic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Any word from kerry fc on pricing.

  13. #12
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    13,475
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,017
    Thanked in
    2,371 Posts
    LOI riding the crest of the wave currently in terms of interest and attendances, but if clubs take the p1ss with ticket pricing, they could find themselves under water fairly quickly.

    Pricing people out of games is not the way forward, and making it expensive for families to attend is not the way to increase interest further.

    When tickets start to get to €20 and above for league matches, people need to put on the brakes a bit.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

  14. Thanks From:


  15. #13
    Seasoned Pro brendy_éire's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Up the town, Derry
    Posts
    3,842
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    304
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    £19 a ticket is almost €22. That's punchy for the LOI.

    Will be interesting to see how tickets go at that price when the club has a new stand and another 2,500 or so tickets to shift. Or will the new terrace be much cheaper?
    The new stand/terrace won't be available until the summer.
    Those tickets will probably be £15/16.

    Derry's season tickets will be using the same type of system as the FAI does for theirs. You'll be able to transfer individual match tickets, in case you aren't using them. Also, if you want a physical card, you'll be charged a bit extra.

  16. #14
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    223
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    266
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by listowelceltic View Post
    Any word from kerry fc on pricing.
    Rumours they may come down to a distinctly more realistic €220, but yet to be confirmed.

  17. #15
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    1,377
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    259
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    When tickets start to get to €20 and above for league matches, people need to put on the brakes a bit.
    Exactly. Lots of German and English teams have a “20 is plenty” slogan they use to lobby for affordable tickets. Bayern had a banner with it at Anfield recently. And that’s to watch the biggest clubs in the world!!
    If LOI clubs start charging upwards of €20 they’ll shoot themselves in the foot.
    I get that they need to increase revenue but the way to do that is to get your sh!t together and get bigger and better grounds. Then you’ll also have a better chance of a proper tv deal.

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #16
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    404
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Exactly. Lots of German and English teams have a “20 is plenty” slogan they use to lobby for affordable tickets. Bayern had a banner with it at Anfield recently. And that’s to watch the biggest clubs in the world!!
    If LOI clubs start charging upwards of €20 they’ll shoot themselves in the foot.
    I get that they need to increase revenue but the way to do that is to get your sh!t together and get bigger and better grounds. Then you’ll also have a better chance of a proper tv deal.
    I think that's just for away tickets though isn't it? Meaning home supporters are still likely getting shafted.

  20. #17
    Seasoned Pro EalingGreen's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,235
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    141
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    317
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Exactly. Lots of German and English teams have a “20 is plenty” slogan they use to lobby for affordable tickets. Bayern had a banner with it at Anfield recently. And that’s to watch the biggest clubs in the world!!
    If LOI clubs start charging upwards of €20 they’ll shoot themselves in the foot.
    I get that they need to increase revenue but the way to do that is to get your sh!t together and get bigger and better grounds. Then you’ll also have a better chance of a proper tv deal.
    I was at Bristol Rovers v Northampton Town recently (League One). Paying on the day, a terrace ticket was £26, but since the only standing tickets left couldn't guarantee cover on a very rainy day, I opted for a seat in the main stand instead: £36!

    Thing is, both teams are/were mid-table yet still they drew 8.5k (capacity is 9.8k?)

  21. #18
    Seasoned Pro D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    180
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    356
    Thanked in
    274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    £19 a ticket is almost €22. That's punchy for the LOI.

    Will be interesting to see how tickets go at that price when the club has a new stand and another 2,500 or so tickets to shift. Or will the new terrace be much cheaper?
    Afaik the main stand in Richmond will be €22 next season. It’s getting close to the max that can be charged for such decrepit facilities.

  22. Thanks From:


  23. #19
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    1,377
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    259
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    I think that's just for away tickets though isn't it? Meaning home supporters are still likely getting shafted.
    You can still get standing tickets to watch Bayern, Dortmund and loads of other Bundesliga clubs for under €20. And that’s not a season ticket, I’m talking about a single match day ticket - “tageskarten”.

  24. Thanks From:


  25. #20
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    298
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    241
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    LOI riding the crest of the wave currently in terms of interest and attendances, but if clubs take the p1ss with ticket pricing, they could find themselves under water fairly quickly.

    Pricing people out of games is not the way forward, and making it expensive for families to attend is not the way to increase interest further.

    When tickets start to get to €20 and above for league matches, people need to put on the brakes a bit.
    Completely agree I'm expecting the post-covid attendance boom to flatten sooner rather than later, it's not even a case where some clubs are increasing match day prices to incentivise purchase of season ticket sales as season tickets are also experiencing corresponding or larger price increases, you may get 18 games for the price of 15/16 games with a season ticket now when years ago that would would be price of 13/14 games definitely in Shels case anyway
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2024 Pre-Season Competitions and Friendlies
    By culloty82 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 23/07/2024, 1:12 PM
  2. 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures
    By joey B in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 2295
    Last Post: 23/07/2024, 9:35 AM
  3. NEWS: 2024 Season Sponsorship opportunities
    By Foot.ie in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14/11/2023, 9:20 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/11/2023, 3:50 PM
  5. Season tickets
    By Steve Bruce in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03/06/2007, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •